Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Medic farming plugin

Post New Thread Reply   

ratty
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-11-2008 , 03:53   Re: Medic farming plugin
Reply With Quote #21

Here's my version of this plugin, I used it as a base so I need to give credit. (I also made it return plugin_handled so it doesnt keep saying command not found). I make it godmode everyone by default, and you type mortal (or say "!mortal") to turn it off for yourself.
!charge now only charges to 99% for the achievements that make you heal up to earn ubercharge (Placebo Effect).
Every kill is a revenge kill (thanks to chundo in the above posts).
Any bot will spawn 1 sec after kill, players spawn normal time. I had it spawn instantly but it got CRAZY they would spawn so fast, so 1 second works better.

I added these commands:

sm_nobluemeds - prevents people from being a blue medic. This is because on my server I have it blue team filled with blue bots. Also it coaxes people into the idea that RED team is where they should be anyway.
sm_bluemeds - turns off the above

I wrote up a forum post on my own forums about how to combine this with bots and other plugins to make a good achievement server.
here

I have not seen any other server copy the default godmode idea yet, I have to say it works really really well, better than I thought. I think thats a must for any public achievement server, even if you dont use my plugin, make everyone spawn with godmode, and have an easy command to turn it off (and print it to their screen at spawn), you will love it!
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (rat-medicfarming.sp - 1361 views - 4.4 KB)

Last edited by ratty; 06-11-2008 at 03:57.
chundo
Old 06-11-2008 , 13:18   Re: Medic farming plugin
Reply With Quote #22

Nice. One question, relating to bots - doesn't sv_cheats screw up the achievements? On my server, once I turned sv_cheats on, no achievements would register until map change, even if I turned sv_cheats back off again. Is there any way to just remove the cheat flag from the "bot" command?
Old 06-11-2008 , 14:06   Re: Medic farming plugin
Reply With Quote #23

Good idea, but I never looked into that. It was never an issue on my server though, people get achievements still, even if during the game I run a script that turns it on and off real fast to delete and spawn different bots. I dont know what the difference in our configurations might be that would cause yours to disable achievements. I know on listenserver's it screws it up, but we're talking about dedicated.

Last edited by ratty; 06-11-2008 at 14:08.
chundo
Old 06-11-2008 , 15:14   Re: Medic farming plugin
Reply With Quote #24

Also, from the other forum post - you should be able to just use "sm_kick @bots" to remove the rungroup dependency.
Old 06-11-2008 , 19:48   Re: Medic farming plugin
Reply With Quote #25

Oh nice, thanks, I just edited my howto to reflect that.
Also I just edited my plugin to remove cheats flag from "bot", just to make it cleaner.

Last edited by ratty; 06-12-2008 at 20:36.
DarkEnergy
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-20-2008 , 16:22   Re: Medic farming plugin
Reply With Quote #26

did this break after the pyro update?
Nineaxis
Old 06-23-2008 , 00:25   Re: Medic farming plugin
Reply With Quote #27

Broken for me, crashes server.
necrosect
Old 06-23-2008 , 07:19   Re: Medic farming plugin
Reply With Quote #28

For those who asked about sv_cheats.
Turning it on only screws achievements up for those who are ingame while it is on... if you turn it off and they join after (or rejoin) they can then collect achievements again.