Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[ANY] LMAOban

Post New Thread Reply   

ShinyRazu
Old 09-15-2014 , 06:54   Re: [ANY] LMAOban
Reply With Quote #31

This is a much better version. Nice plugin. Unfortunately with the other plugin, when I was doing 'sm plugins' to check the plugins on another server my friend invited me to and regularly plays on, I was telling him there is a plugin with this name (thinking they must get a lot of people using that, and that it bans for USING the hack), I then got banned for a day. The other version is a bit unfair. It also means that when admins are not present, people (especially new players) can be fooled into typing it and getting banned.

Last edited by ShinyRazu; 09-15-2014 at 06:55.
Aderic
Old 09-15-2014 , 20:24   Re: [ANY] LMAOban
Reply With Quote #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyRazu View Post
This is a much better version. Nice plugin. Unfortunately with the other plugin, when I was doing 'sm plugins' to check the plugins on another server my friend invited me to and regularly plays on, I was telling him there is a plugin with this name (thinking they must get a lot of people using that, and that it bans for USING the hack), I then got banned for a day. The other version is a bit unfair. It also means that when admins are not present, people (especially new players) can be fooled into typing it and getting banned.
Don't use those versions. Use the one I posted.

It should only ban people that have LMAOBOX.. or type the exact same advertisement messages. I didn't intend for people to be banned for mentioning it and that is not what my version will do.
Old 10-11-2014 , 20:48   Re: [ANY] LMAOban
Reply With Quote #33

hmm i think it stopped working
,just caught like 10 year old stupid kid mic spam and when i muted him and he just started chat spam with this shit

Code:
[19:26:00] [US] [Blue       ] God Father                          : …GET GOOD, GET LMAO​BOX
[19:26:01] [US] [Blue       ] God Father                          : …LMAO​BOX​ - WAY TO THE TOP
[19:26:02] [US] [Blue       ] God Father                          : …WWW.LMAO​BOX.​NET - BEST TF2 HACKS!
[19:26:03] [US] [Blue       ] oreo‏16541                        : …GET GOOD, GET LMAO​BOX
[19:26:04] [US] [Blue       ] oreo‏16541                        : …LMAO​BOX​ - WAY TO THE TOP
[19:26:05] [US] [Blue       ] oreo‏16541                        : …WWW.LMAO​BOX.​NET - BEST TF2 HACKS!
[19:26:25] [US] [Blue       ] oreo‏16541                        : …GET GOOD, GET LMAO​BOX
[19:26:26] [US] [Blue       ] oreo‏16541                        : …LMAO​BOX​ - WAY TO THE TOP
[19:26:27] [US] [Blue       ] oreo‏16541                        : …WWW.LMAO​BOX.​NET - BEST TF2 HACKS!
[19:26:28] [US] [Blue       ] oreo‏16541                        : …GET GOOD, GET LMAO​BOX
[19:26:29] [US] [Blue       ] oreo‏16541                        : …LMAO​BOX​ - WAY TO THE TOP
[19:26:30] [US] [Blue       ] oreo‏16541                        : …WWW.LMAO​BOX.​NET - BEST TF2 HACKS!
[19:26:31] [US] [Blue       ] oreo‏16541                        : …GET GOOD, GET LMAO​BOX
[19:26:32] [US] [Blue       ] oreo‏16541                        : …LMAO​BOX​ - WAY TO THE TOP
the lmaoban just didn't react at all
Aderic
Old 10-12-2014 , 04:48   Re: [ANY] LMAOban
Reply With Quote #34

I believe these people are using a premium version of LMAOBOX.

I made an insecure server and an alt account to ensure the plugin would act properly and it banned in less than a second.

I can only assume the premium version changes it up a bit so plugins cannot ban based on chat spam detection.

I'll see if I can write something to fix this up.

Edit: In the meantime, you may want to set sm_lmaoban_detection to 2. By doing so, if the URL "LMAOBOX.NET" is in any message, it will trigger a detection.

Edit 2: If anyone wants to send me $20 or a copy of the premium version of this hack it would make things easier.

Last edited by Aderic; 10-12-2014 at 05:00.
Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 10-12-2014 , 05:29   Re: [ANY] LMAOban
Reply With Quote #35

Can someone explain how this plugin is any different from the regex plugin?

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=71867

Code:
"Censor"
{
	"ExampleBlock"
	{
		"chatpattern"		"WWW.LMAOBOX.NET - BEST FREE TF2 HACK!"
		"block" "1"
		"action" "rcon sm_ban %u 0"
	}
	"ExampleBlock2"
	{
		"chatpattern"		"GET GOOD, GET LMAOBOX!"
		"block" "1"
	}
}
Edit: I guess this one strips out nonstandard characters.

Last edited by Chdata; 10-12-2014 at 05:33.
Aderic
Old 10-12-2014 , 05:35   Re: [ANY] LMAOban
Reply With Quote #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chdata View Post

Code:
"Censor"
{
    "ExampleBlock"
    {
        "chatpattern"        "WWW.LMAOBOX.NET - BEST FREE TF2 HACK!"
        "block" "1"
    }
    "ExampleBlock2"
    {
        "chatpattern"        "GET GOOD, GET LMAOBOX!"
        "block" "1"
    }
}
Edit: I guess this one strips out nonstandard characters.
That and on some servers the plugin you mentioned might be overkill.

On my server this is quite literally the only plugin I use for chat filtering. The server is very lenient.
Old 10-12-2014 , 09:03   Re: [ANY] LMAOban
Reply With Quote #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chdata View Post

This plugin uses the BanClient() natives, whereas the regex plugin uses ServerCommand(). The result is basically the same, but BanClient is more correct. (Also, the regex plugin author seems to want you to prefix the word "rcon" before each "action," which is pointless even in the context of his own plugin.)
Old 10-12-2014 , 23:43   Re: [ANY] LMAOban
Reply With Quote #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderic View Post
I believe these people are using a premium version of LMAOBOX.

I made an insecure server and an alt account to ensure the plugin would act properly and it banned in less than a second.

I can only assume the premium version changes it up a bit so plugins cannot ban based on chat spam detection.

I'll see if I can write something to fix this up.

Edit: In the meantime, you may want to set sm_lmaoban_detection to 2. By doing so, if the URL "LMAOBOX.NET" is in any message, it will trigger a detection.

Edit 2: If anyone wants to send me $20 or a copy of the premium version of this hack it would make things easier.
send me pm with your paypal
Aderic
Old 10-13-2014 , 04:44   Re: [ANY] LMAOban
Reply With Quote #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_with_beer_bottle View Post
send me pm with your paypal
Alright, I sent it to ya.

Edit: New version has been posted. Thanks dave_with_beer_bottle.

Last edited by Aderic; 10-13-2014 at 08:22.
Arky
Old 01-09-2015 , 19:56   Re: [ANY] LMAOban
Reply With Quote #40

This plugin is realy great, it helps a lot. But, I was using an outdated version (wich was working fine until lmaobox got updated), and that version had a compatibility with SourceBans, now that i've updated to the last version, all the bans only got writed to the banned_user.cfg instead of getting recorded on SourceBans.

Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks!