Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] MatchMod

Post New Thread Reply   

Hawkeye-
Old 12-24-2009 , 18:38   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #61

tf2dm is MikeJS plugin that is available here, forgot the thread, but his site is found here: http://www.mikejsavage.com/dl.php?dir=source/sourcemod/

You'll need to tf2damage and tf2dm stuff to get something compariable to the existing SOAP TF2DM plugin. If you need help let me know, I am still having issues with the random spawn working so not much help I can be there.

I have everything defined as Adminflag_Generic in code, (I think it's the 'a' flag) this can be changed by modifying the RegAdminCommand lines in OnPluginStart. These affect the matchmod_begin, matchmod_config, matchmod_teamname (assign either team's name), and matchmod_version commands. The rest are open to all users (sm_ready, sm_teamname) etc..
willy1234x1
Old 01-03-2010 , 03:15   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #62

Oh by the way, thanks for making this plugin, my team had our first scrims using it today and it worked perfectly. The half time system is amazing! Perfect for restroom breaks and planning. The only suggestion I would have is having the centered text be another color, white is a bit hard to see.
Hawkeye-
Old 01-03-2010 , 12:25   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #63

Thank you, I am planning another update, the main issue I want to address is the config files, I'd like to get it simplified a bit. But the color thing at half time I hear you there, it is easy to completely miss.

Thinking about having all the known maps listed out as one of the main config files (Push, Stopwatch, CTF, KOTH, Payload) and then all you would need to define is the league as opposed to a lot of config for each map.

sm_matchmod_league (CEVO|ESEA|TWL|STA|ETF2L|PUG)

Then the pre-made shortcut files point to the league configs making life a LOT easier and a bit more friendly.

The other aspects I want to work on, is a method to ensure the configs are always up to date.
willy1234x1
Old 01-03-2010 , 14:37   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye- View Post
Thank you, I am planning another update, the main issue I want to address is the config files, I'd like to get it simplified a bit. But the color thing at half time I hear you there, it is easy to completely miss.

Thinking about having all the known maps listed out as one of the main config files (Push, Stopwatch, CTF, KOTH, Payload) and then all you would need to define is the league as opposed to a lot of config for each map.

sm_matchmod_league (CEVO|ESEA|TWL|STA|ETF2L|PUG)

Then the pre-made shortcut files point to the league configs making life a LOT easier and a bit more friendly.

The other aspects I want to work on, is a method to ensure the configs are always up to date.
If you include admin menu integration it really isn't too hard to use, using just text commands confuses people who aren't used to CLI's and are used to GUI's.

A suggestion would be having a command like sm_matchmod_configlist that just shows a list of the shortcut configs (because they're the ones that need to be ran first.) As well as maybe a command for admins like sm_matchmod_commands that lists the commands, sure it's two extra commands to remember but it's a huge help for people with a bit of memory issues.

Another suggestion would be to change the config folder structure so it's like this.
cfg/matchmod/
Then inside you have two folders, shortcuts and server configs (or another name) that helps see the way your plugin works a lot more. I'm speaking from experience now, after I've used it a bit it's not too complicated but at first it's daunting.

Oh and if you'd like I can you updated on config files. I was setting up my admin menu to have all the stuff you have then a submenu for each league (inside the Matchmod menu.)

Doing all the known maps would be complicated because you'd have to read the entire map name not just the prefix (since maps like gravelpit are cp_ but not the same as most other cp_ maps.)

Admin menu integration is the way to go for simplifying really, GUI is always going to click faster for people than CLI.

Last edited by willy1234x1; 01-03-2010 at 14:40.
Hawkeye-
Old 01-04-2010 , 01:36   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #65

Basically, it would be a seperate config file with all the maps listed (all stock and some well known 3rd party maps) that can be modified relatively quickly. I am looking at a couple CVARs that TF2 is switching but they don't appear to differentiate attack/defend from Push.

The reason I haven't put a formal menu into the code is, although many use the example configs, the real use is adapting new configs on the fly which would make the menu fairly difficult since there are so many options. So the external custom menu simply made more sense at the time. However, with the option above, it is more then possible a menu might begin to make more sense.

Right now I think the menu would actually cause more issues then the text/cfg file approach. If I can come up with a fairly intuitive method for the menu I will jump on it immeadiately but not a lot I have been able to come up with, while maintaining the ability to plugin league configs.
Hawkeye-
Old 01-19-2010 , 10:47   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #66

Posted v1.0.6..

The Match Live, Half-time, and Overtime center prints are now green to show up a bit better. Also the end of match is now a center print since some of the configs it difficult to tell the match ended like CTF when the max points CVAR is at play.

Looking at a way shortly to make this a lot easier for teams to implement and use. I'll keep you posted.
wingnut
Old 01-19-2010 , 12:19   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #67

Hi,

So far this mod looks really awesome, however I am having some small troubles.

First of all, when using matchmod, does it matter what cfg I start the server with in the parameters, such as just the regular server.cfg?

Second, when using stopwatch, does it actually show the timer at the top?

Third, and this is the real difficulty. We want to run this 4v4 because thats what we have enough people to do, and when I start the server I do these things in this order as it says under 'useage'

1: sm_map cp_dustbowl
2: sm_matchmod_config stopwatch
3: sm_matchmod_begin

At that point the ready up interface comes up and such, however if you hit f4 as it says and click ready, it does not actually mark you as ready. Do you know why this would be? I have the 'min' and 'reqd' for red and blue set to 3 and 4 (respectively). and when I tested this only 2 people were in the server, would that matter?

I am using the default config files

Thanks, I hope to get this to work as it would be really nice, however I'm rather frustrated at the moment ;)

Thanks again!

Last edited by wingnut; 01-19-2010 at 12:23.
Hawkeye-
Old 01-19-2010 , 12:34   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut View Post
First of all, when using matchmod, does it matter what cfg I start the server with in the parameters, such as just the regular server.cfg?
As far as your normal server.cfg, that should not matter. You will want to use your server.cfg in the serveridle CVAR so it gets reset after a match.

As far as your actual Match Configs, you want to point it to one of the League configs, the matchmod_push.cfg and so forth are all CEVO centric in their design and settings. So the servercfg "matchmod/matchmod_push.cfg" and servercfgot "matchmod/matchmod_push-overtime.cfg" will be fired when Matchmod begins the sequence, then after the match the idle CVAR is pulled to restore your normal server.cfg file.

Quote:
Second, when using stopwatch, does it actually show the timer at the top?
The Stopwatch clock is a UI feature of TF2 so it is not changed. If it is not showing up, the mp_tournament_stopwatch CVAR may not actually be set.

Quote:
Third, and this is the real difficulty. We want to run this 4v4 because thats what we have enough people to do, and when I start the server I do these things in this order as it says under 'useage'

1: sm_map cp_dustbowl
2: sm_matchmod_config stopwatch
3: sm_matchmod_begin

At that point the ready up interface comes up and such, however if you hit f4 as it says and click ready, it does not actually mark you as ready. Do you know why this would be? I have the 'min' and 'reqd' for red and blue set to 3 and 4 (respectively). and when I tested this only 2 people were in the server, would that matter?

I am using the default config files

Thanks, I hope to get this to work as it would be really nice, however I'm rather frustrated at the moment ;)

Thanks again!
Alright, this is the ready up code which defaults to active.

By default, each player in server must type !ready in chat to ready up, and the F4 UI menu is disabled. If you want to run with the default UI menu, you can set the readyenable CVAR to 0 which will allow that UI.

Hit me up on steam, I can run through a demo for you to help out. (Steam: darkjedihawkeye)

Also, still working on the Youtube video with how to get things working.
Hawkeye-
Old 01-21-2010 , 16:52   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #69

The new version will be released shortly, but wanted to give everyone a quick warning, the config files did in fact change fairly drastically.

The generic matchmod_push files will no longer be released (they will still work for those who liek them).

I took the time to adapt the configs from a few of the major leagues into the system, as well as PuG configs, so everything is still there, just more to the league standards.
Hawkeye-
Old 01-22-2010 , 14:04   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #70

It's posted..

Included configs are designed around the rules/configs of CEVO, TWL and ETF2L and PuGs. These configs have not been certified by the leagues though so please let me know if anything is not correct.

I did incorporate the TWL rule change from 1/21/2010 on CTF which makes it two 20 minutes halfs, most caps wins.

Many of the status messages were moved out of chat and into a hintbox for easy viewing by the players/spectators.

As always, please send me feedback and enjoy.