12% 

[TF2] Ghost grabber - 1.0

Post New Thread Reply   

rowedahelicon
Old 10-29-2014 , 01:55   Re: [TF2] Gift grabber - 1.0
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddhoward View Post
I was not implying anything; I was merely pointing out that the plugin author should not put too much more work into this, as the upcoming update will make it completely non-functional. The gifts will no longer be items that you pick up by walking over them.

My Friendly Mode plugin (through friendly.inc) was actually used in scrap.tf's gift farmer plugin for last year, oddly enough.
I'll wait and see for now, I was also using the friendly plugin at first but it was causing issues with rockets, they'd get hung up on friendlies and such, still cool though!
Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 10-29-2014 , 03:44   Re: [TF2] Gift grabber - 1.0
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddhoward View Post
I was not implying anything; I was merely pointing out that the plugin author should not put too much more work into this, as the upcoming update will make it completely non-functional. The gifts will no longer be items that you pick up by walking over them.

My Friendly Mode plugin (through friendly.inc) was actually used in scrap.tf's gift farmer plugin for last year, oddly enough.
Rather than say that, perhaps a more accurate suggestion would be that he should brand his plugin for this specific purpose.

But then again... I think I asked this earlier, is this plugin any different from the already existing ghostmode? I haven't tried it myself, it just sounds awfully familiar.

Last edited by Chdata; 10-29-2014 at 03:48.
rowedahelicon
Old 10-29-2014 , 03:49   Re: [TF2] Gift grabber - 1.0
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chdata View Post
Rather than say that, perhaps a more accurate suggestion would be that he should brand his plugin for this specific purpose.

But then again... I think I asked this earlier, is this plugin any different from the already existing ghostmode?
The difference between this ghost and the existing ghost mode is that this uses TF2's native ghost cond to function rather than altering the model and etc of the client as the other one does.

It doesn't technically serve much of a benefit other than getting to boo people and it passes through everything rather than getting stuck on players. It also doesn't leave that ghastly residue that gets stuck on players sometimes.

Mind you I don't want to sound like I'm criticizing it or saying mine is better, I just made this as I felt it served a purpose and wanted to share is all!
Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 10-29-2014 , 03:52   Re: [TF2] Gift grabber - 1.0
Reply With Quote #14

Huh, I always thought the other ghost plugin got updated to use the TFCond

But yeah, I do suggest renaming the purpose of your plugin, you're already attracting some rep you might not want. It really is a perfectly fine idea.

Last edited by Chdata; 10-29-2014 at 03:52.
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 10-30-2014 , 03:49   Re: [TF2] Ghost grabber - 1.0
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowedahelicon View Post
Hello everyone, I've written a plugin you guys can use on your servers and whatnot.

You'll need this to compile :
More colors

Commands
sm_g
sm_mygift
sm_grabgift
sm_grab
Wtf?
I use the cond for ghost mode on my ff2 servers.
It works but, you have to do a lot of tinkering for it to not break everything else, strand people as semi-alive, etc.