Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[HL2:DM] Official Roleplay V2.4.1

Post New Thread Reply   

britney901
Old 10-12-2008 , 01:47   Re: HL2:DM Roleplay Revised V2.2 by Pinkfairie and Krim
Reply With Quote #51

actually, the game saves, its just that it saves after 20 or 30 min
if i am right, and my script works, i will give it to you, i set it to save after 1 min
britney901
Old 10-12-2008 , 01:55   Re: HL2:DM Roleplay Revised V2.2 by Pinkfairie and Krim
Reply With Quote #52

ok, its working
add me to your steamfriends or something
so i can send you the plugin, it saves anything after 1 min

steamid = britney901
wmchris
Old 10-12-2008 , 02:53   Re: HL2:DM Roleplay Revised V2.2 by Pinkfairie and Krim
Reply With Quote #53

britney901: thats not correct. it will save the player after 30 min, then automaticlly every second - jobs etc must be saved immediately.

Dusk99:
it seems like your hl2 is not allowed to write the sourcemod/data/roleplay/ files. check if theyre read only (windows) or are owned by the game (linux - chown)
britney901
Old 10-12-2008 , 07:22   Re: HL2:DM Roleplay Revised V2.2 by Pinkfairie and Krim
Reply With Quote #54

yea, but not actually the job, because if i make someone cop, then restart the server after 5 min, the job wont stay the same. now i set it so it saves after 1 min, also, i believe it takes 30 min just to make the file for the save, but the jobs wont save if the player doesnt stay on the server for 30 min.
Dusk99
Old 10-12-2008 , 12:49   Re: HL2:DM Roleplay Revised V2.2 by Pinkfairie and Krim
Reply With Quote #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmchris View Post
britney901: thats not correct. it will save the player after 30 min, then automaticlly every second - jobs etc must be saved immediately.

Dusk99:
it seems like your hl2 is not allowed to write the sourcemod/data/roleplay/ files. check if theyre read only (windows) or are owned by the game (linux - chown)
I'm on Vista. The files don't have any special permissions on them (read only, hidden, etc. They're just open.

However, I haven't run the server for more than 30 mins. Basically, I would start it up, sign in for a minute, quickly edit some things and set my job, deposit the few dollars that I had made, leave, and rejoin.

I'll start it up now, join, and just wait ~30 mins and see if it solves the issue.

Britney, I'll add you as well. Hopefully it will work and I've just been too impatient, but if not, I'd really appreciate your tweaked version.

Edit; Ok, I DID get some of the jobs to save, but my connection keeps flaking out while I'm on the server. I also realized that my problem with not being able to create new jobs was because I wasn't using an existing slot. Once I used an existing slot, it showed right up. One issue I'm running into is making two-word job titles. How is it done aside from with a dash or underscore?

Last edited by Dusk99; 10-12-2008 at 13:22.
wmchris
Old 10-12-2008 , 13:55   Re: HL2:DM Roleplay Revised V2.2 by Pinkfairie and Krim
Reply With Quote #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusk99 View Post
One issue I'm running into is making two-word job titles. How is it done aside from with a dash or underscore?
"Police Woman" -> 1 Argument
Police Woman -> 2 Arguments
Dusk99
Old 10-12-2008 , 14:16   Re: HL2:DM Roleplay Revised V2.2 by Pinkfairie and Krim
Reply With Quote #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmchris View Post
"Police Woman" -> 1 Argument
Police Woman -> 2 Arguments
Ok, that's what I figured it would be. Thanks.

I spent 35 mins in the server, and the profile didn't save. Although all the job changes did.

Any idea what's going on? How can I modify it so that it saves profiles after one minute, rather than 30?
Dusk99
Old 10-12-2008 , 18:11   Re: HL2:DM Roleplay Revised V2.2 by Pinkfairie and Krim
Reply With Quote #58

I fixed it. I simply edited the save time from 30 to 1 and it works flawlessly now.

Great mod! HL2DM really needed an RP mod this in-depth.
Dusk99
Old 10-12-2008 , 19:34   Re: HL2:DM Roleplay Revised V2.2 by Pinkfairie and Krim
Reply With Quote #59

Out of curiosity, are there special permissions set to the Admin labeled jobs, or are they just an exclusive title? Is there any harm in replacing them?

Do changing police job names to "Combine" still keep them as cops, or are Police and Swat the only usable terms?
wmchris
Old 10-13-2008 , 03:39   Re: HL2:DM Roleplay Revised V2.2 by Pinkfairie and Krim
Reply With Quote #60

normally its not a problem to create a new job with a new id.

Theres only 3 possibility to be recognized as a cop:
Name Contains Admin
Name Contains Police
Name Contains SWAT

Each level has different abilities (health/weapons/armor/ammo) - so deleting em is not the best idea.

And btw: creating new Admin assigned jobs:
addjob "name" 1 <- (dont forget the number 1)