Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D] Player Stats (Co-op and Versus) - Alpha Build 81

Post New Thread Reply   

muukis
Veteran Member
Old 10-12-2009 , 05:34   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op and Versus) - Alpha Build 71
Reply With Quote #31

I'd rather not start resolving general error types just yet. If you have errors in form of logs or other, please copy & paste them here. If you have solved a problem or problems, please tell me what was the problem and the solution.

The versus support has already developed from the last alpha release and hopefully I have fixed at least some of the bugs there are in the last release. I will upload it soon... need to do some testing before.
FrenchTart
Old 10-12-2009 , 13:25   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op and Versus) - Alpha Build 71
Reply With Quote #32

Hi again.

Apologies for the earlier support question. I've now got the plugin working. The reason the fix escaped me at first was due to needing to provide a symlink to the mysqld.socks file. Unfortunately, on ubuntu 9.10 64bit (or at least on this particular dedi), sourcemod seems to think that the .socks file is in /tmp/, rather than it's proper location. This is despite the correct file location being specified in my.cnf.

My config files were correct, hence the frustration in trying to find a solution :/

Anyhow...

The plugin seems to be working fairly well, though almost instantly my regulars complained about the size of the text/how spammy the plugin was. For now I've turned off player update spam but it would be nice to be able to make it less obtrusive in some way. Smaller text size, more control over which messages are displayed, etc.

Also possibly worth noting (unless I've messed up somewhere), the plugin didn't auto generate the cfg file for the sm cvars. This was on a fresh install. Update: The config file has now appeared, weirdly. This didn't happen until a few games had been played though. Strange.

Last edited by FrenchTart; 10-12-2009 at 16:50.
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 10-13-2009 , 10:33   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op and Versus) - Alpha Build 71
Reply With Quote #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchTart View Post
The plugin seems to be working fairly well, though almost instantly my regulars complained about the size of the text/how spammy the plugin was. For now I've turned off player update spam but it would be nice to be able to make it less obtrusive in some way. Smaller text size, more control over which messages are displayed, etc.
First of, thanks for the feedback. I could and probably should replace PrintToChatAll calls to something like PrintToChatTeam. That would make the plugin less spammy. I could also make some modification to the configurations so that it allows methods to force less messages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchTart View Post
Also possibly worth noting (unless I've messed up somewhere), the plugin didn't auto generate the cfg file for the sm cvars. This was on a fresh install. Update: The config file has now appeared, weirdly. This didn't happen until a few games had been played though. Strange.
Configs should always be generated when the plugin gets loaded. For that event to occur, you need to unload the plugin first... or at least that is what I think you have to do. Reload or refresh will not be always enough. The OnPluginStart event will raise once a map changes? Or was it once a campaign changes?
FrenchTart
Old 10-13-2009 , 20:16   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op and Versus) - Alpha Build 71
Reply With Quote #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by muukis View Post
First of, thanks for the feedback. I could and probably should replace PrintToChatAll calls to something like PrintToChatTeam. That would make the plugin less spammy. I could also make some modification to the configurations so that it allows methods to force less messages.
That would be great if you don't mind I wasn't complaining about the spam as such (as I personally didn't mind the message frequency/size) but having more configuration options is always a good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muukis View Post
Configs should always be generated when the plugin gets loaded. For that event to occur, you need to unload the plugin first... or at least that is what I think you have to do. Reload or refresh will not be always enough. The OnPluginStart event will raise once a map changes? Or was it once a campaign changes?
I'm not sure on this but I would've thought that it's on a map change. Either way, please don't take this particular part too seriously unless you hear something similar from someone else. I wouldn't want to rule out user error on my part as at the time I was a bit rusty on srcds config/maint

Just to note - the server itself had been completely stopped/started and I probably also power cycled the dedi itself. I'd also played a few games with two players (in coop), completing several maps in a few campaigns (though not completing a full campaign). Once again though, I can't claim that there was definitely no user error on my part

Last edited by FrenchTart; 10-13-2009 at 20:18.
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 10-14-2009 , 16:13   [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op and Versus) - Alpha Build 81
Reply With Quote #35

Here's an update from the previous Alpha Build 71.

This version is compatible with the previously released database.

Web stats have not changed at all. Download them from the previous release if you need them.

Made some structural modifications and hopefully fixed some bugs. I have been having a very poor Versus testing since all my servers players play mostly Co-op and when occasionally they choose Versus and I join, they appear to be some inbred team want to kick me off... from my own server! And I don't know how to block them from doing that.

Anyhow... this one should be one more step towards being ready. Sorry for not going in to Beta just yet, even though that's what I said I would do next. I didn't have the needed amount of testing and thus the delay.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d_stats_test.sp - 340 views - 124.2 KB)
File Type: 7z difference.7z (64.7 KB, 571 views)
FrenchTart
Old 10-15-2009 , 14:30   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op and Versus) - Alpha Build 81
Reply With Quote #36

Thanks, I'll try it out and let you know what my players think of it in a few days
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 10-16-2009 , 02:37   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op and Versus) - Alpha Build 81
Reply With Quote #37

To me it seems to be working ok now.

I found a bug that I am trying to solve... For some reason sometimes at least some of the messages are duplicated. Not sure if the actual points are set also twice. For instance friendly fire shows two penalty messages from one occurrence. It happens in periods and not very often.

FrenchTart: For lowering the amount of spam, you should set the Announce Mode to 1 instead of the default 2. Using the default value will send headshot messages to all.

Here's a small TEST update to the Alpha. If this works as I hope it does, it will go Beta...

I added a new CVAR: sm_l4dstats_announceteam which you can set to 0 or 1 (0 = Print Messages To All Teams, 1 = Print Messages To Own Team Only.) Default value is 1. Can you please test this for me? All messages that contain ALL SURVIVORS or ALL INFECTED should by default show for the team only.

EDIT: It is NOT working. I have a fixed version from it and will upload a Beta once I've cleaned the code a bit and have the update.php -script done.
Attached Files
File Type: 7z L4D_stats_diff.7z (65.1 KB, 528 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d_stats_test.sp - 270 views - 125.3 KB)

Last edited by muukis; 10-17-2009 at 13:15.
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 10-17-2009 , 17:02   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op and Versus) - Alpha Build 81
Reply With Quote #38

New version at http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=106672