Raised This Month: $124 Target: $400
 31% 

CSGO server lockup and SourceMod overrides map


Post New Thread Reply   
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Author Message
Exp93
Junior Member
Join Date: Apr 2019
Old 04-18-2019 , 19:20   CSGO server lockup and SourceMod overrides map
Reply With Quote #1

I am getting two separate issues with my server which I will describe below.
  1. My server will occasionally lock-up, all connected players get frozen with the red 'time to disconnect' box in top-right corner of screen. typing something in console 'wakes' the server back up, but I am lucky if players don't get disconnected. See italics section of console excerpt.
  2. SourceMod for some reason overrides next map, I use the vanilla end of match voting system, and as you can see it initially makes the next map correct, then SM changes it. See bold section of console excerpt.


meta version
Spoiler


sm version
Spoiler


sm plugins list
Spoiler


Console Excerpt
Spoiler
Exp93 is offline
backwards
AlliedModders Donor
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: USA
Old 04-18-2019 , 21:38   Re: CSGO server lockup and SourceMod overrides map
Reply With Quote #2

the part where you say "typing something in console 'wakes' the server back up" makes it seem like an issue i had previously when maintaining a server on windows 10 or windows server editions. If you accidently click on the console window running srcds and it highlights something, this will pause the processes executions and cause the server to freeze. When you type something after clicking on the console again it will then unhighlight the object and unfreeze the server. This didn't happen previously on windows 7 and below (Which was what i was used to) so it was easy to overlook.
backwards is offline
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: OnGameFrame()
Old 04-18-2019 , 21:52   Re: CSGO server lockup and SourceMod overrides map
Reply With Quote #3

You don't have the nextmap plugin loaded, so there is nothing in SM that could be affecting the map cycle.
__________________
asherkin is offline
Exp93
Junior Member
Join Date: Apr 2019
Old 04-19-2019 , 06:11   Re: CSGO server lockup and SourceMod overrides map
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337norway View Post
the part where you say "typing something in console 'wakes' the server back up" makes it seem like an issue i had previously when maintaining a server on windows 10 or windows server editions. If you accidently click on the console window running srcds and it highlights something, this will pause the processes executions and cause the server to freeze. When you type something after clicking on the console again it will then unhighlight the object and unfreeze the server. This didn't happen previously on windows 7 and below (Which was what i was used to) so it was easy to overlook.
That's a valid point, and I hadn't thought of it (and I do use Server 2016), I do highlight from command prompt (effectively speaking srcds console) quite regularly, so perhaps this is what is happening, although I am sure the server has locked up at times I haven't even been connected via remote desktop. I'll test further now and report back, for your reference, if you right click the title bar of the window, and go to properties you can disable "QuickEdit Mode" under "Edit Options". If you need access to any of the highlighting/editing features you can use the right click menu of the title bar. Highlighting in command prompt is called "Marking".


Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
You don't have the nextmap plugin loaded, so there is nothing in SM that could be affecting the map cycle.
I don't otherwise have anything configured that is touching the map cycle (so the vanilla map vote "should be king"), and the way this line reads it is telling that it has actually taken action due to something, not just reporting it.
Quote:
L 04/18/2019 - 21:17:01: [SM] Changed map to "Scoutzknivez_mario"
Exp93 is offline
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: OnGameFrame()
Old 04-19-2019 , 06:42   Re: CSGO server lockup and SourceMod overrides map
Reply With Quote #5

Does it happen every map change?

Does it happen right from the server start or begin happening after a while?
__________________
asherkin is offline
TomL.
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Germany
Old 04-20-2019 , 03:24   Re: CSGO server lockup and SourceMod overrides map
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337norway View Post
the part where you say "typing something in console 'wakes' the server back up" makes it seem like an issue i had previously when maintaining a server on windows 10 or windows server editions. If you accidently click on the console window running srcds and it highlights something, this will pause the processes executions and cause the server to freeze. When you type something after clicking on the console again it will then unhighlight the object and unfreeze the server. This didn't happen previously on windows 7 and below (Which was what i was used to) so it was easy to overlook.
I can confirm this problem under windows server 2016.
If someone knows a fix please let me know
TomL. is offline
Exp93
Junior Member
Join Date: Apr 2019
Old 04-20-2019 , 11:44   Re: CSGO server lockup and SourceMod overrides map
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomL. View Post
I can confirm this problem under windows server 2016.
If someone knows a fix please let me know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exp93 View Post
for your reference, if you right click the title bar of the window, and go to properties you can disable "QuickEdit Mode" under "Edit Options". If you need access to any of the highlighting/editing features you can use the right click menu of the title bar. Highlighting in command prompt is called "Marking".


Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
Does it happen every map change?

Does it happen right from the server start or begin happening after a while?
Based on my testing so far, every map change that is voted with the vanilla system gets overridden, it happens right from server start it appears also (i.e. first map change vote). Still need to test more to be certain of this though.

Last edited by Exp93; 04-20-2019 at 11:44.
Exp93 is offline
Exp93
Junior Member
Join Date: Apr 2019
Old 05-04-2019 , 07:30   Re: CSGO server lockup and SourceMod overrides map
Reply With Quote #8

So to report back after further testing. The map issue is resolved, and changes to whatever gets voted on every time now.

Additionally, with regards to the Marking in console, if you're having this problem you must change it in "Defaults" as well as "Properties", otherwise on restarting your server you'll get the same problem.
Exp93 is offline
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: OnGameFrame()
Old 05-04-2019 , 07:34   Re: CSGO server lockup and SourceMod overrides map
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exp93 View Post
So to report back after further testing. The map issue is resolved, and changes to whatever gets voted on every time now.
How was it resolved?
__________________
asherkin is offline
Exp93
Junior Member
Join Date: Apr 2019
Old 05-05-2019 , 21:22   Re: CSGO server lockup and SourceMod overrides map
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
How was it resolved?
As advised, I disabled all plugins that could possibly interfere with map change/vote process, and I've not had the problem since.

I did however wonder if the issue may have been related to having a low amount of players on the server, but I figure that the percentage calculations should still be the same no matter how many players are on, and in my most notable test case I had 2 users on who both voted for the same map, but still got something else.
Exp93 is offline
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:32.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Theme made by Freecode