Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[CS:S/CS:GO/TF2] shavit's bhoptimer (v2.5.5a 08/August/2019)

Post New Thread Reply   

Samatazz
Old 10-13-2017 , 10:30   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] shavit's simple bhop timer (1.4b 21/September/2015)
Reply With Quote #1081

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelrw View Post
well, instead of using a system like 0-100 points = ranktitle1, 101-300 = ranktitle2, etc
its more ideal to use a percentage/percentile system. so, something like the top 3 players overall will each get a unique rank title, then players in the top 5% will get another, then those in the top 15-6% will get another, 25-16% will get one, etc. This is calculate by <players rank> / <total players with a rank>. So, rank 10/100 will be in 10%, rank 10/400 is 4%, etc. This is the best way because it takes into account the total number of ranks and ensure a distribution of players across all ranks rather than have everyone start at the bottom (in terms of points) and work their way up. If you dont feel like you can do this and you just want a quick and dirty system like the first system i discussed, go take a look at the config file from Influx timer and thats how he did his (but even the developer of that has said its a bad system).

for comparison (w/o giving away private info), there is a private timer system from blacky that uses a rank config that allows you to assign tags based on various keyvalues.. steamid, admin flag, raw rank, percentage rank, etc. that way its a one-stop show with tags.. admins and mods and VIPs all get their tags and it doesnt conflict with rank tags becuase there is a priority system that dictates which tag should be assigned (say for a mod who also has a rank.. shoulkd he ge tthe rank tag or the 'mod' tag).
Oh i should be able to calculate players ranks based on %s quite easily. If you can supply me with some rank names and what percentages you want them at i can easily give you the code for it so you can use it. I can also code in a admin tag system for the chat if you would like. Ill also link a command to it so admins can turn it on and off.
michaelrw
Old 10-13-2017 , 12:15   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] shavit's simple bhop timer (1.4b 21/September/2015)
Reply With Quote #1082

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samatazz View Post
Oh i should be able to calculate players ranks based on %s quite easily. If you can supply me with some rank names and what percentages you want them at i can easily give you the code for it so you can use it. I can also code in a admin tag system for the chat if you would like. Ill also link a command to it so admins can turn it on and off.
ill PM you something
csgoant
Old 10-13-2017 , 15:27   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] shavit's simple bhop timer (1.4b 21/September/2015)
Reply With Quote #1083

Is anyone else running the timer on csgo, 128 tick, with blackys push and slope fix? Currently on my server whenever a player jumps on a push with speed it seems to work 8/10 times. I disabled the timer and noticed everything worked perfectly so I'm thinking it's something with how the timer is handling auto bhop? If anyone has any ideas I'd really appreciate it.
hmmmmm
Great Tester of Whatever
Old 10-13-2017 , 21:29   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] shavit's simple bhop timer (1.4b 21/September/2015)
Reply With Quote #1084

Does this happen on normal style with vertical push boosters? Also what happens exactly when they don't work, do they not push you at all?
csgoant
Old 10-13-2017 , 23:09   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] shavit's simple bhop timer (1.4b 21/September/2015)
Reply With Quote #1085

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmmmm View Post
Does this happen on normal style with vertical push boosters? Also what happens exactly when they don't work, do they not push you at all?

Actually I think I have a problem with both. Vertical boosters sometimes wont work, when they fail to work players wont get anything from it (kinda like it doesn't exist). Horizontal boosters are kind of flaky. When jumping onto them you more than likely wont get the speed from the booster. All in normal style.

Last edited by csgoant; 10-13-2017 at 23:14.
hmmmmm
Great Tester of Whatever
Old 10-14-2017 , 02:44   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] shavit's simple bhop timer (1.4b 21/September/2015)
Reply With Quote #1086

Weird, never had that happen to me. Any specific map where this happens?
Samatazz
Old 10-14-2017 , 05:38   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] shavit's simple bhop timer (1.4b 21/September/2015)
Reply With Quote #1087

Quote:
Originally Posted by csgoant View Post
Is anyone else running the timer on csgo, 128 tick, with blackys push and slope fix? Currently on my server whenever a player jumps on a push with speed it seems to work 8/10 times. I disabled the timer and noticed everything worked perfectly so I'm thinking it's something with how the timer is handling auto bhop? If anyone has any ideas I'd really appreciate it.
Are you running shavits as well as blackys fixes? As far as i know shavits timer already has slope fixes in it. Have you tried just running the timer as they might be fighting with each other and causing issues.
Samatazz
Old 10-15-2017 , 02:12   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] shavit's simple bhop timer (1.4b 21/September/2015)
Reply With Quote #1088

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelrw View Post
ill PM you something
Using the default rankings you have provided me i've implemented them into shavits ranking system and edited his shavit-misc to turn off the tags set there so that ranking names show up properly.

Ive forked his github and made changes to it here: https://github.com/samatazz/bhoptimer/tree/rankings
Dont forget to change to the ranking tree if it doesn't automatically!

Anyone can feel free to suggest any changes! Though i have mainly just added in a semi-proper ranking system so that this timer can be used on a lot more servers and give it a bit more popularity until shavit comes back and finishes it all off properly as my version is a little hacky.

Last edited by Samatazz; 10-15-2017 at 02:17.
Qes
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-15-2017 , 06:11   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] shavit's simple bhop timer (1.4b 21/September/2015)
Reply With Quote #1089

How can I teleport player to START_ZONE? (In another plugin)
Samatazz
Old 10-15-2017 , 08:10   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] shavit's simple bhop timer (1.4b 21/September/2015)
Reply With Quote #1090

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qes View Post
How can I teleport player to START_ZONE? (In another plugin)
Force them to run sm_r