Lower variance

Post New Thread Reply   

Maxximou5
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-09-2021 , 10:49   Re: Lower variance
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj kaul View Post
you can’t get LOW VAR on shared/cloud hosted vps , buy a dedicated machine if you want low var and better performance
Yes you can, if you get a CPU optimized one. AWS has the C generation, for example c5d will run 128 tick 10 slot server with zero issues and a variance of 0.06 on average. Vultr has the same with their High Frequency servers. Running kernel with Liquorix and tuned with Debian has been no issue for my deployments.

If you want better performance you will want to get a dedicated server, hands down. But if you're on a budget or only need a server up for a short period of time, VPS options are better than they were 3 years ago.

Last edited by Maxximou5; 03-09-2021 at 10:51.
raj kaul
Old 03-09-2021 , 23:19   Re: Lower variance
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxximou5 View Post
Yes you can, if you get a CPU optimized one. AWS has the C generation, for example c5d will run 128 tick 10 slot server with zero issues and a variance of 0.06 on average. Vultr has the same with their High Frequency servers. Running kernel with Liquorix and tuned with Debian has been no issue for my deployments.

If you want better performance you will want to get a dedicated server, hands down. But if you're on a budget or only need a server up for a short period of time, VPS options are better than they were 3 years ago.
agreed but cpu optimized servers are costly af . i host servers on lightsail and get 0.020 sv var.
Old 03-11-2021 , 15:25   Re: Lower variance
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
agreed but cpu optimized servers are costly af . i host servers on lightsail and get 0.020 sv var.
bandwidth is costly
Old 03-11-2021 , 21:30   Re: Lower variance
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
what lightsail spec do you use?
kito0t
Old 03-30-2021 , 18:19   Re: Lower variance
Reply With Quote #15

As of now there's only 1 game hosting company that I know of that has .001 variance on their server. Sad to say they only host Asia/Singapore.
AlinXD
Old 04-01-2021 , 03:39   Re: Lower variance
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kito0t View Post
As of now there's only 1 game hosting company that I know of that has .001 variance on their server. Sad to say they only host Asia/Singapore.
Can you PM a link to their website to me?
Old 04-01-2021 , 03:47   Re: Lower variance
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kito0t View Post
There are hosts in europe and north america, if you don't cheap out or demand these values under unreasonable circumstances.