Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[NetS2S] Multi-Server Chat / Admin Utility

Post New Thread Reply   

zerosin
Old 11-11-2009 , 21:27   Re: [NetS2S] Multi-Server Chat / Admin Utility
Reply With Quote #31

WOW!!!, Hands down WOW!!!
What a freaking plugin boyz!!!, Great work...

So here's my setup

4 boxes - 3 Win2003 Server, 1 Gentoo Linux - 18 game services total.

All servers running the following:

MM:S 1.7.1V
SM 1.2.4
SB 1.4.5
HLstatsX:CE 1.6.1
php 5.0
mySQL 5.0
NetS2S
Sockets 3.0.0Alpha
+ 60 other mods +/- on various servers

Game running your plugin

CounterStrike Source Regular
CounterStrike Source GunGame Classic
CounterStrike Source GunGame TurboDM
CounterStrike Source Surf Mod
Team Fortress 2
Day of Defeat Source
Insurgency - IM works great, but Admin All Server Global Say & Admin Single Server Global Say, Individual Private Say all does not work. Only IM Works
GoldenEye Source- As above

All tested and working with a few hiccups here and there, but was resolved, so I thought that I'd post what I have found for others to cross reference. So no biggie on the Insurgency and the GoldenEye Source server, as long as I can IM people, didn't test the cross server banning on those either, will report later.

Anyways, the Linux box hosts the master server, and there are other game servers on the same box that's trying to connect to the same box on the predetermined port. Initially, I just put the IP of the box in, didn't work i go this message like some of you with the cannot connect port 111 thingy.

Code:
L 11/11/2009 - 05:16:22: [NetS2S Error] OnLocalSocketError() : Socket Error - Name: DODS-CombatZone1, Type: CONNECT_ERROR, Number: 111
So I changed it to point to our cisco router 10.0.25.0 (localhost), and it worked. Those of you that have multiple servers on the same box with the master and hosts, make sure that the Master has the exact IP address, and the hosts pointing to your router/localhost.

Another thing that I've noticed is that when you're in the middle of IMing someone and the map changes, you will see a little lag a about 5-15secs of jibberish in the chat area... imagine have lots of text overlapping each other and not disappearing, over and over again. i guess this has something to do with the cache via the sockets, other than that, this plugin is WOOHOO, the bomb!!! Three Cheers & Ales for the crew involved on this mod.

Oh 1 small thing, is there anyway to give a reason for banning since in SourceBans, it records the bans as NetS2S in the global ban list, but with no reason. Think its hard to implement this? Anyone?

So that's it, if you guys need any beta testing on future releases, let me know, i'll be more than happy to help out in anyway i can.

Peace,
zero

Last edited by zerosin; 11-11-2009 at 21:33.
Mosalar
Old 11-12-2009 , 11:23   Re: [NetS2S] Multi-Server Chat / Admin Utility
Reply With Quote #32

I'll try to find Daedilus, rl caught up with him and he's been away. But,

INS & Goldeneye were never in the test farm, so I can't give you an easy fix there.

The chat hang, and the ban reasons were fixed in a newer version, I guess it was never updated here. I'll try and find it.
zerosin
Old 12-11-2009 , 22:11   Re: [NetS2S] Multi-Server Chat / Admin Utility
Reply With Quote #33

Hey Mosalar,
Any update on finding the update? or has it been updated on the initial post?

Thx again,
zero
Mosalar
Old 12-13-2009 , 17:47   Re: [NetS2S] Multi-Server Chat / Admin Utility
Reply With Quote #34

I don't know man :-( I've tried to contact him numerous times with no luck.
Daedilus
Old 12-14-2009 , 05:19   Re: [NetS2S] Multi-Server Chat / Admin Utility
Reply With Quote #35

zerosin, I'm looking into those bugs. May be a bit before I can update the plugin. I'll let you know when I got it fixed.
Old 12-14-2009 , 07:09   Re: [NetS2S] Multi-Server Chat / Admin Utility
Reply With Quote #36

Cheers mate,
As long as we know you're alive and well, its all good... We all have shit to take care of in rl...

zero
bryan4tw
Old 03-22-2010 , 22:42   Re: [NetS2S] Multi-Server Chat / Admin Utility
Reply With Quote #37

OK, I've found two problems.

1st I was unable to connect to a master server, if it was on the same IP, zerosin mentions a solution. I was messing around assigning additional IPs and trying to forward the port, sort of what zerosin was doing. I decided to recompile with debug on and it started working. I think the version of source is newer than the version that is precompiled on the first page.

2nd, this is a biggie, menus do not function if players with special characters are in the server. Players with special characters can not pull menus and I can not pull server menus if a player has special characters in is name.

I don't know how to fix it, but I am going to look into it.
Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-10-2010 , 13:23   Re: [NetS2S] Multi-Server Chat / Admin Utility
Reply With Quote #38

good plugin, still works although the menu doesn't pop up on L4D2 but still is clickable. :]
lionheart1066
Old 08-21-2010 , 14:35   Re: [NetS2S] Multi-Server Chat / Admin Utility
Reply With Quote #39

Super handy plugin but the same error is spamming in console every 5 seconds >_<

L 08/21/2010 - 203:12: [NetS2S Error] OnLocalSocketError() : Socket Error - Name: Idle4Hats, Type: CONNECT_ERROR, Number: 111
cybersquare420
Veteran Member
Old 08-21-2010 , 14:52   Re: [NetS2S] Multi-Server Chat / Admin Utility
Reply With Quote #40

it is failing to connect to the server... you must forward the correct port to the master server...