Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

seDirector [7.4.4] - Windows srcds manager, auto-updater, crash notifications & more

Post New Thread Reply   

asheroto
Old 03-18-2021 , 05:00   Re: seDirector [6.7.1] - Windows srcds manager, auto-updater, crash notifications + m
Reply With Quote #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan2 View Post
My case is different because it will be for 1v1 servers. This program may not work in my case because I would need it to check if there is an update needed before players can connect to it.

The other features are quite useful to me so I will use it for that.

Thank you for the in-depth response.
Happy to help!

If I added a checkbox that says "Wait to update until there are 0 players on the server" would that work for your case? I can add that no problem, but just be aware of the potential problems I mentioned before.
Old 03-18-2021 , 10:56   Re: seDirector [6.7.1] - Windows srcds manager, auto-updater, crash notifications + m
Reply With Quote #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by asheroto View Post
Example situation without immediate server update:
- There are 10 players on the server
- The server is out of date and needs to be updated
- User1 starts Steam, which automatically updates their game after launching
- User1 tries to connect to the server, but gets an error message and cannot connect to the server because the server is out of date
- You'd have to wait until all 10 players leave the server
Could make him update the server when he changes maps, even if a game update has come out, and there are players on the server they can finish playing the map, competitive, whatever the game mode, but the map has changed everyone has to update the game because the server is going to be updated.

I believe that the OGP Panel works like this.

- Checks if there is an update when the server starts;
- If there is an update and there are players on the server when changing the map, the server updates and all players need to have the game updated to enter;
- Or you can shut down the server and update the server manually;

Last edited by paulo_crash; 03-18-2021 at 10:57.
Ryan2
Old 03-18-2021 , 12:22   Re: seDirector [6.7.1] - Windows srcds manager, auto-updater, crash notifications + m
Reply With Quote #93

Quote:
Happy to help!

If I added a checkbox that says "Wait to update until there are 0 players on the server" would that work for your case? I can add that no problem, but just be aware of the potential problems I mentioned before.
Yes, that is perfect in my case. My 1v1 server will work in a queue so after the server updates I can resume the queue.

Thank you!!
asheroto
Old 03-20-2021 , 21:03   Re: seDirector [6.7.1] - Windows srcds manager, auto-updater, crash notifications + m
Reply With Quote #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulo_crash View Post
Could make him update the server when he changes maps, even if a game update has come out, and there are players on the server they can finish playing the map, competitive, whatever the game mode, but the map has changed everyone has to update the game because the server is going to be updated.

I believe that the OGP Panel works like this.

- Checks if there is an update when the server starts;
- If there is an update and there are players on the server when changing the map, the server updates and all players need to have the game updated to enter;
- Or you can shut down the server and update the server manually;
Ahh great idea, thank you very much for telling us that!
Old 03-20-2021 , 21:04   Re: seDirector [6.7.1] - Windows srcds manager, auto-updater, crash notifications + m
Reply With Quote #95

Quote:
Yes, that is perfect in my case. My 1v1 server will work in a queue so after the server updates I can resume the queue.

Thank you!!
Would it work if seDirector would update the server on map change? Or do you specifically need it when there are 0 players?
Old 03-20-2021 , 21:23   Re: seDirector [6.8.0] - Windows srcds manager, auto-updater, crash notifications + m
Reply With Quote #96

Version 6.8.0 Released
- Added to context menu of servers: Troubleshoot > Run server without...
- Added to context menu of servers: Open > addons
- Added button in Options: How to start seDirector with UAC enabled but without UAC prompt
- Added Computer Name to Options
- Improved notifications: notifications now include both computer name and server name
- Fixed bug that could cause screen to flicker
- Fixed bug that caused seDirector to loose focus
- Fixed bug that prevented first server selected to show bottom panel
Old 03-21-2021 , 13:51   Re: seDirector [6.7.1] - Windows srcds manager, auto-updater, crash notifications + m
Reply With Quote #97

Quote:
Would it work if seDirector would update the server on map change? Or do you specifically need it when there are 0 players?
In my case it would be 0 players. since I am creating a 1v1 server there is a lot of times where the server is hibernating waiting for a new match to start, when new match is found it would be ideally to check for an update then I can let the players into the server. Unless you think there is a better way to do this, that is just my idea of how I am thinking is the best way.

Last edited by Ryan2; 03-21-2021 at 13:53.
asheroto
Old 03-23-2021 , 00:16   Re: seDirector [6.7.1] - Windows srcds manager, auto-updater, crash notifications + m
Reply With Quote #98

Quote:
In my case it would be 0 players. since I am creating a 1v1 server there is a lot of times where the server is hibernating waiting for a new match to start, when new match is found it would be ideally to check for an update then I can let the players into the server. Unless you think there is a better way to do this, that is just my idea of how I am thinking is the best way.
Okay. We'll work on incorporating that option into seDirector. Join our Discord for the latest news and on version releases.

Thanks!
Old 03-25-2021 , 01:29   Re: seDirector [6.8.2] - Windows srcds manager, auto-updater, crash notifications + m
Reply With Quote #99

Version 6.8.2 Released
- Fixed bug that caused server to automatically start after manually updating
- Text/CFG editor now automatically converts Unix end-of-line (LF) to Windows end-of-line (CR LF)
- Improvement in donor system internals
- Updated Chilkat library
- Updated stock map list (excluded from FTP/SFTP sync)
Old 03-26-2021 , 00:24   Re: seDirector [6.8.3] - Windows srcds manager, auto-updater, crash notifications + m
Reply With Quote #100

Version 6.8.3 Released
- Fixed bug causing donation popup to not appear
- Improved internal code structure