Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

OLD - SEE SMAC SUBFORUM SourceMod Anti Cheat - (Formerly Kigen's Anti Cheat)

Post New Thread Reply   

sinblaster
Grim Reaper
Old 02-14-2011 , 06:45   Re: Kigen's Anti Cheat, v1.2.1.6
Reply With Quote #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle12 View Post
Of course it will not compile, this requires SDKHooks.

Not everybody understands that Kyle.

I had a look at the main website for KAC. So many lies in such a small webspace.

re the cgf that you mentioned that gets generated panda, the cvars in the 2nd post and the cvars generated differ a little so I am confused. In particular these two from the 2nd post arent auto generated in thre cfg, can they be added manually or not needed?
  • kac_eyes_enable
  • kac_rcon_crashprevent\
cheers my fury friend

Last edited by sinblaster; 02-14-2011 at 06:57.
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 02-14-2011 , 10:32   Re: Kigen's Anti Cheat, v1.2.1.6
Reply With Quote #112

Both of those features are depreciated from what I recall. The Eyes feature was borked to high hell from the Orange Box update so Kigen disabled it on most, if not all, of the games that KAC supports. And the the crash prevent feature was patched by valve in cs:s/dod:s/tf2/ and a few other games, so it's not really needed either.
Old 02-14-2011 , 14:52   Re: Kigen's Anti Cheat, v1.2.1.6
Reply With Quote #113

I was able to successfully install it. So far so good
sinblaster
Grim Reaper
Old 02-14-2011 , 16:09   Re: Kigen's Anti Cheat, v1.2.1.6
Reply With Quote #114

Awesome thanks Panda

daveyboye
Old 02-14-2011 , 16:36   Re: Kigen's Anti Cheat, v1.2.1.6
Reply With Quote #115

Do you guys recommend this anti-cheat plugin standalone by itself or complimented with another plugin?
rautamiekka
Veteran Member
Old 02-15-2011 , 03:43   Re: Kigen's Anti Cheat, v1.2.1.6
Reply With Quote #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyboye View Post
Do you guys recommend this anti-cheat plugin standalone by itself or complimented with another plugin?
VBAC in addition to KAC. Used both soon after I found KAC and am 100% happy: KAC bans the rest not banned by VBAC, and there's been very few who got past VBAC; since KAC uses delay between detection & banning, had no problems.

Last edited by rautamiekka; 02-15-2011 at 03:44. Reason: About the KAC's delaying
Send a message via ICQ to rautamiekka Send a message via AIM to rautamiekka Send a message via MSN to rautamiekka Send a message via Yahoo to rautamiekka Send a message via Skype™ to rautamiekka
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 02-15-2011 , 09:50   Re: Kigen's Anti Cheat, v1.2.1.6
Reply With Quote #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by rautamiekka View Post
VBAC in addition to KAC. Used both soon after I found KAC and am 100% happy: KAC bans the rest not banned by VBAC, and there's been very few who got past VBAC; since KAC uses delay between detection & banning, had no problems.
I'd have to recommend against this course of action as there would be a bit of redundancy. KAC does everything VBAC does, and likely better given how little the latter has been updated over the three years since its release. You should be able to run KAC stand alone, but if you must have something to compliment it, I recommend using the VSP Anti Flood plugin found in the Metamod section.
Old 02-16-2011 , 03:26   Re: Kigen's Anti Cheat, v1.2.1.6
Reply With Quote #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetwistedpanda View Post
I'd have to recommend against this course of action as there would be a bit of redundancy. KAC does everything VBAC does, and likely better given how little the latter has been updated over the three years since its release. You should be able to run KAC stand alone, but if you must have something to compliment it, I recommend using the VSP Anti Flood plugin found in the Metamod section.
Redundancy saved me many times.
Send a message via ICQ to rautamiekka Send a message via AIM to rautamiekka Send a message via MSN to rautamiekka Send a message via Yahoo to rautamiekka Send a message via Skype™ to rautamiekka
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 02-16-2011 , 09:34   Re: Kigen's Anti Cheat, v1.2.1.6
Reply With Quote #119

In this circumstance, however, the redundancy is pointless. Some of the things VBAC protects against no longer exist; the other things could possibly run into issues with KAC depending on the time. There's little reason to use two scripts that do the same thing; no different than running RCON Locker with KAC.
Old 03-08-2011 , 22:31   Re: Kigen's Anti Cheat, v1.2.1.6
Reply With Quote #120

I don't know what the deal is but this is the second time I have had to remove KAC from my server. It causes bursts of lag as one of the users from the last page said. I don't have the network version of KAC and I don't have the anti-wallhack feature enabled.

It's very odd, the first time this happened I removed KAC and it stopped lagging and it may of been because of I enabled anti-wallhack but I can't remember. Before it started lagging I had the KAC plugin installed for a month or so.

The second time I installed it was about 2 months ago and just now today it started causing lag again so I removed it and now everything is back to normal.