Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v9.1.0]

Post New Thread Reply   

DarthNinja
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 07-01-2011 , 20:29   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v8.0.1/v7.1.5]
Reply With Quote #1571

I'll add a cvar to disable the join message when I add the new summer weapons.

I think I said I'd do that last update, but I forgot
Old 07-01-2011 , 21:37   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v8.0.1/v7.1.5]
Reply With Quote #1572

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthNinja View Post
I'll add a cvar to disable the join message when I add the new summer weapons.

I think I said I'd do that last update, but I forgot
Awesome, I'll be looking forward to that!

ED: It also spits out a message when there's enough players to collect data, even with rank_show set to 0. Can you hook that up to the same var?
aRcTiC
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-02-2011 , 12:15   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v8.0.1/v7.1.5]
Reply With Quote #1573

Code:
L 07/02/2011 - 02:23:36: [TF2_Stats.smx] Weapon: mailbox
L 07/02/2011 - 08:39:25: [TF2_Stats.smx] Weapon: nessieclub

You've Got Mail!

Last edited by aRcTiC; 07-02-2011 at 13:16.
RasterMan
Old 07-02-2011 , 17:45   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v8.0.1/v7.1.5]
Reply With Quote #1574

I get this error:

Warning: file_get_contents() [function.file-get-contents]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /homepages/67/d654854494/htdocs/stats/TF2/player.php on line 327
Veteran Member
Old 07-03-2011 , 04:58   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v8.0.1/v7.1.5]
Reply With Quote #1575

Quote:
Originally Posted by RasterMan View Post
Warning: file_get_contents() [function.file-get-contents]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /homepages/67/d654854494/htdocs/stats/TF2/player.php on line 327
Fix:
add at top of code
PHP Code:
ini_set("allow_url_fopen""on"); 
OR
change this param in php.ini

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufo56 View Post
Code:
[Thu Jun 30 23:58:16 2011] [error] [client 62.65.52.132] PHP Fatal error:  Invalid IP in /var/www/html/tf2/player.php on line 258
Invalid IP
'nuff said.
Obsidian
Old 07-03-2011 , 09:21   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v8.0.1/v7.1.5]
Reply With Quote #1576

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
Fix:
add at top of code
PHP Code:
ini_set("allow_url_fopen""on"); 
OR
change this param in php.ini
Looking at the directory structure he posted, he's likely on a shared or even worse, a free web host. ini_set will likely be restricted, and hardly ever is access to php.ini provided. :\

@RasterMan Be prepared, you might need to use a different host for this to work -- your host is likely overly-restricting script functionality.
RasterMan
Old 07-03-2011 , 09:44   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v8.0.1/v7.1.5]
Reply With Quote #1577

This is a paid hosting account:
I'm hosted with http://order.1and1.co.uk

And they won't allow "allow_url_fopen", "on"

because of the security issues related to it!

http://phpsec.org/projects/phpsecinf...url_fopen.html
Old 07-03-2011 , 12:36   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v8.0.1/v7.1.5]
Reply With Quote #1578

Quote:
Originally Posted by RasterMan View Post
This is a paid hosting account:
I'm hosted with http://order.1and1.co.uk

And they won't allow "allow_url_fopen", "on"

because of the security issues related to it!

http://phpsec.org/projects/phpsecinf...url_fopen.html
I hate to break it to you, but your host is misleading you.

Like that article says: "Programmers frequently forget this and [...]"
That line makes a statement in and of itself. Disabling allow_url_fopen is intended to solve an idiot programmer problem, not a security issue.

If you're using low-profile scripts that have not been peer-reviewed for these kinds of vulnerabilities, there are worse things to worry about in those kind of situations. After all, disabling allow_url_fopen doesn't protect against SQL injections, LFI attacks, and CSRF or XSS client-exploits. Those are just as dangerous, or even moreso (SQL injections can easily be exploited to gain complete control of an entire server).

What protects against those? Well-reviewed and properly secured code!

Also, an actual security issue would be something like the following: http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename...=CVE-2011-2202
That's an actual vulnerability in file uploads, recently discovered.
That is a security issue. Disabling allow_url_fopen is merely a move to counteract an opening that a rookie programmer usually does not know to protect against.
In short, it's a solution for a PEBKAC situation.

Huge difference.

Oh, and from what I've heard, 1and1 oversells their services; you're probably getting price-gouged royally. You'd be best to look elsewhere.
DarthNinja
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 07-03-2011 , 16:04   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v8.0.1/v7.1.5]
Reply With Quote #1579

An update is done that takes care of the new weapons and various chat-related requests.
I'll release it tonight after I have time to test it out
Old 07-03-2011 , 18:43   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v8.0.1/v7.1.5]
Reply With Quote #1580

Good work on the plugin - I use it on my community server, 206.217.131.195:27015.

Just a few questions / feature requests.
When killing someone with a sniper in TF2, with a headshot, the plugin acknowledges it was a headshot but doesn't grant the headshot bonus.

Here's the text I get when killing someone with a headshot: [RANK] you got 3 points for killing Falcon with a Headshot

(3 points is the value I set for the sniper rifle - the headshot bonus doesn't get added on).

Also, does healing in general (as a medic / engineer's dispenser), as well as the sniper's Jarate, grant no points? (When covering enemies with the Jarate as well as putting out teammates on fire).

Lastly, a feature such as, "rank tony" to view the rank of the player, Tony, would be good. Not sure if you'd like to implement it, but think it'd be great.

Keep up the good work,
thanks.