[L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot Takeover v0.8

Post New Thread Reply   

RasterMan
Old 02-24-2011 , 04:29   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot Takeover v0.8
Reply With Quote #91

Yeh that would be perfect if it wasn't for the bugs
Old 05-19-2011 , 18:39   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot Takeover v0.8
Reply With Quote #92

This command "sm_takeover" it's like command "sb_takecontrol" ?
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 05-20-2011 , 02:02   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot Takeover v0.8
Reply With Quote #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentor View Post
This command "sm_takeover" it's like command "sb_takecontrol" ?
In a way, yes...

Some differences are:
  • It does not allow you to choose the character you will take over. => It does not take parameters.
  • It does not require sv_cheats to be enabled.
The reason I didn't want it to allow taking over a specified character was because it does not play in with the main purpose of this plugin. Which is allowing taking over a living survivor and allowing people to continue contribute to the team after a takedown of the players main character. If I would allow a specified character takeover, this plugin could and would be used for other reasons but to contributing to the team.

Though certainly not superhuman, the man's prowess inspires an excess of whispered rumors. But those rumors remain in the realm of speculation.
disawar1
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-21-2011 , 14:15   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot Takeover v0.8
Reply With Quote #94

I tested this plugin and found a couple of bugs

Known issues
1. Sometimes you can not take control of survivor bot, you throws in spectators team
2. If a witch beats you and you takeover, she will kill you anyway

I hope you fix it

Last edited by disawar1; 10-21-2011 at 14:18.
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 10-22-2011 , 02:36   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot Takeover v0.8
Reply With Quote #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by disawar1 View Post
I tested this plugin and found a couple of bugs

Known issues
1. Sometimes you can not take control of survivor bot, you throws in spectators team
2. If a witch beats you and you takeover, she will kill you anyway

I hope you fix it
Thanks for reporting these issues.

1. I'm not sure how to fix this? My guess is that you are trying to takeover a survivor bot while some other player is joining on the game and the survivor you are taking over will force the server to drop you off to the spectators team? If this is totally random effect, I don't know how to fix it. I can however put in some extra logging on this part, to see how often this happens and record some of the status from the game when it happens.
2. This is interesting So what you're saying is that your plugin is configured so that players can execute takeover after being incapped, and after you jump to another bot while the witch is pounding your leftovers both of you (the leftovers the witch is killing and you after a takeover) die after the witch is finished? If this is the case, I think the only easy way to fix this is to disable takeovers for the witches target player while the witch and the target is alive. The nicer way to fix this would be to let the player live somehow, but overwriting system procedures is propably too advanced and therefore too much time consuming for me to start doing it like that, sorry

Though certainly not superhuman, the man's prowess inspires an excess of whispered rumors. But those rumors remain in the realm of speculation.
Electr000999
Old 10-22-2011 , 07:11   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot Takeover v0.8
Reply With Quote #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by muukis View Post

1. I'm not sure how to fix this? My guess is that you are trying to takeover a survivor bot while some other player is joining on the game and the survivor you are taking over will force the server to drop you off to the spectators team? If this is totally random effect, I don't know how to fix it. I can however put in some extra logging on this part, to see how often this happens and record some of the status from the game when it happens.
2. This is interesting So what you're saying is that your plugin is configured so that players can execute takeover after being incapped, and after you jump to another bot while the witch is pounding your leftovers both of you (the leftovers the witch is killing and you after a takeover) die after the witch is finished? If this is the case, I think the only easy way to fix this is to disable takeovers for the witches target player while the witch and the target is alive. The nicer way to fix this would be to let the player live somehow, but overwriting system procedures is propably too advanced and therefore too much time consuming for me to start doing it like that, sorry
At me the same problem, and, I tried to use for moving after death of the player from spectators in survived by means of a plug-in http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=746082 and he specified in that that the command of the survivors was already full (during this moment on the server there were 5 persons playing for people).

The server on 10 players under a survival (10 persons in a command survived)
The plug-in superversus for creation of boats is used
cvars
l4d_infected_limit "4"
l4d_survivor_limit "10"

Problem has noticed after last two updates

sorry my bad english

Last edited by Electr000999; 10-22-2011 at 07:18.
Send a message via Skype™ to Electr000999
disawar1
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-23-2011 , 04:41   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot Takeover v0.8
Reply With Quote #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by muukis View Post
My guess is that you are trying to takeover a survivor bot while some other player is joining on the game and the survivor you are taking over will force the server to drop you off to the spectators team?(
6\10 players on my server + password. Nobody did not come and did not leave. but people still drop in the spectators
hmm...how to enable debug mode? when this happens again, I could send log to you
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 10-25-2011 , 01:26   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot Takeover v0.8
Reply With Quote #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by disawar1 View Post
6\10 players on my server + password. Nobody did not come and did not leave. but people still drop in the spectators
hmm...how to enable debug mode? when this happens again, I could send log to you
Sorry, there is no debug mode at the moment. I'm currently quite busy with other stuff in my life, so I can't promise you much. I will try to give you a debug version as soon as possible.

disawar1
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-25-2011 , 02:19   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot Takeover v0.8
Reply With Quote #99

I'll wait for the private message from you.
adrianman
Old 11-15-2011 , 10:48   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot Takeover v0.8
Reply With Quote #100

A well known bug,you see the takeover message for bots which humans spectate on(coop type games). Is there any detection for this?

Last edited by adrianman; 11-15-2011 at 10:49.