Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)

Post New Thread Reply   

AcidTester
Old 02-11-2009 , 05:56   Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)
Reply With Quote #91

granwazir can u also add to cfg cvar turn director on/off 1|0
because is no sense if u have
a4d_vs_ensure_identical_bosses "1"
a4d_vs_randomise_boss_locations "1" on, then its useless to leave director on, because it may cause double witch and tanks spawn at same place.
Thanks
Old 02-11-2009 , 08:04   Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)
Reply With Quote #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidTester View Post
granwazir can u also add to cfg cvar turn director on/off 1|0
because is no sense if u have
a4d_vs_ensure_identical_bosses "1"
a4d_vs_randomise_boss_locations "1" on, then its useless to leave director on, because it may cause double witch and tanks spawn at same place.
Thanks
Disabling the director would also disable random mobs as well as item spawning as far as I know. The old versus logic can spawn several witches and tanks do tend to spawn in a number of set locations. In fact a4d_vs_ensure_identical_bosses and a4d_vs_randomise_boss_locations just manipulate how the director acts. Turning it off as far as I know would break both of these options.

To clarify having double witches when using a4d_vs_randomise_boss_locations means it is working as intended. Ensuring consistency of boss spawns just ensures that both teams will get a tank or a witch depending on what the first team got. It does not try to ensure the same number of tanks and witches spawn.

The mod does not randomise the locations itself, instead it asks the director to behave how it was pre patch. If it feels the need to spawn two witches it will.

If you really want to do it put a4d_toggle_director 0 into your server.cfg but I honestly do not think it will help

EDIT:

Actually thinking about it a4d_toggle_director will not work in server.cfg since it requires a client to execute the command. I'm thinking of added a fake client so all the commands will work regardless of how you call them but that will happen in a later release.

Last edited by grandwazir; 02-11-2009 at 08:19.
AcidTester
Old 02-11-2009 , 11:48   Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)
Reply With Quote #93

Hmm actually i dont know, but i always play from initial release turning director off, and time to time randomizze and consistency forced tank and witch or both to spawn, depending how good team is. Anyway this morning my team forced 4 tanks on l4d_vs_hospital03_sewers, we force each tank at each part of this map. It was amazing, we beat them cause zombie team were noobs (seems so) but they die when they forced just one tank ))
Also, when director off, we find useful stuff and lots of medkits so they also spawn as normal , no trouble. So actually as fasr as i tested, when random and consistency were on and director on, i got 2 witches at same spot, but good when director off.
Try this, i dont know, and see.
NIce plugin again, that really put ingame more dynamics and fun.
Old 02-11-2009 , 12:23   Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)
Reply With Quote #94

this did not randomize my tanks and witch spawns :S they spawned in the same place for bothe teams every chapter
grandwazir
Old 02-11-2009 , 13:28   Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)
Reply With Quote #95

I am going to do a complete rewrite this week and release it on saturday once I am sure it is bug free. When I released the first version it just worked and I want a return to that. Plus I get the feeling working on it now that it has become a little unworkable to add new features and it needs slimming down.

I am going to look through the thread and implement as many ideas as I think would work. If you want anything added make sure to make a note in the thread.

For the timebeing I recommend that you do not enable consistent spawns as it may cause more than one tank or witch to spawn a round (during my own testing we had four!) and I think I have misunderstood how director_force_tank works. Everything else works correctly. Have fun!
Old 02-11-2009 , 17:09   Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)
Reply With Quote #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukla67 View Post
this did not randomize my tanks and witch spawns :S they spawned in the same place for bothe teams every chapter
Agreed, new version worse than previous though, i switch back.
Because no randomise and consistency work, even if work , we have one tank and one witch no more as director enabled ((((((
Anyway, can u include new cvar in cfg swtich on/off director?

Also this was on all previous versions but i forgot to tell
when both forced:
Force the director to spawn a tank
Force the director to spawn a witch
we just got multi 3-4 witches but no tank.

Last edited by AcidTester; 02-11-2009 at 18:00.
Send a message via ICQ to AcidTester
grandwazir
Old 02-11-2009 , 20:08   Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)
Reply With Quote #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidTester View Post
Agreed, new version worse than previous though, i switch back.
Because no randomise and consistency work, even if work , we have one tank and one witch no more as director enabled ((((((
Anyway, can u include new cvar in cfg swtich on/off director?

Also this was on all previous versions but i forgot to tell
when both forced:
Force the director to spawn a tank
Force the director to spawn a witch
we just got multi 3-4 witches but no tank.
I'll include one yes. But do not downgrade just turn of the features you do not want as I fixed a fairly serious disconnect bug in one of the more recent versions.
Old 02-12-2009 , 00:55   Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)
Reply With Quote #98

Found a bug in the plugin. when another admin regardless of rank on server turns off derver notifications it will not print to console, log or in game to other admins. Plugin works great otherwise though nice job
grandwazir
Old 02-12-2009 , 06:41   Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)
Reply With Quote #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waukeen View Post
Found a bug in the plugin. when another admin regardless of rank on server turns off derver notifications it will not print to console, log or in game to other admins. Plugin works great otherwise though nice job
That is by design, it is not a bug. It will still log actions however in the source mod logs, that can not be disabled yet. To turn off player notifications the admin in question either needs to have permission to run cheats on the server or have access to the plugin.all4dead.cfg, which means they are probably a pretty high ranking admin anyway.

EDIT:

Actually I've reviewed the code for several functions and I agree it does not log some actions when player notifications are off. This has already been fixed in the next version (1.5.0) which will be out hopefully this weekend.

Last edited by grandwazir; 02-12-2009 at 06:46.
Waukeen
Old 02-12-2009 , 12:28   Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)
Reply With Quote #100

I understand that lower ranked admins shouldnt be able to see if a command is used but I believe those of equal or greater rank should be able to. Was just something I noticed when we started messing around last night and its then that I noticed it. Thanks for the quick reply though