Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Looking for a copy of a decade-old plugin & other CW1/2/3 custom attribute plugins

Post New Thread Reply   

404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 04-20-2022 , 06:24   Looking for a copy of a decade-old plugin & other CW1/2/3 custom attribute plugins
Reply With Quote #1

Specifically the first version of Advanced Weaponiser: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=159962

The original package's filename would've been "AdvancedWeaponiserSource.zip", but I don't know if AW2 also used the same zip file name. I guess one way to tell if it's AW1 and not AW2 is if there is code in it for a Boomerang weapon attribute.

I've been trying to track this down for the past 8 years to no avail.
  • Archive.org has nothing of use for Mecha the Slag's site where the download was available, which iirc was mechaware.net/advancedweaponiser/download.
  • Mecha the Slag (now MekuCube) is notably impossible to get a hold of these days, especially since he worked on and released A Hat In Time.
  • 99% of the posters in the original thread haven't been active here in years which means getting in touch with them is probably impossible.

I do have a copy of AW2 already (https://github.com/TF2CutContentWiki...ited%20DL).zip) but I'm looking for AW1 so I can update some of the original custom attribs from it for the newer weapon systems in TF2.

If anyone has a copy of the AW1 source code (check for Boomerang code to verify), please let me know either here in the thread or PM me.

I should mention that I am also looking for any and all older custom attribute plugins written for use with the older Custom Weapons 1/2/3 systems, so I can rewrite them and update them for use with Custom Weapons X.

If you have any, please post them here/PM me them here/send them to me on Discord.

My end goal is to set up a giant library of custom TF2 attribute plugins that all work with CWX.

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 04-21-2022 at 01:18.
Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 04-20-2022 , 11:20   Re: Looking for a copy of a decade-old plugin
Reply With Quote #2

?? *edit Ou, first version...
https://github.com/Chdata/TF2-AW2-CW2

Last edited by Bacardi; 04-20-2022 at 11:21.
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 04-20-2022 , 13:06   Re: Looking for a copy of a decade-old plugin
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacardi View Post
?? *edit Ou, first version...
https://github.com/Chdata/TF2-AW2-CW2
That's AW2, and it's a modified version to work with the old Custom Weapons 2.

I'm looking for the original AW1 plugin from the original thread in 2010/2011. Not only do I want to convert the attributes for use with CWX, I also want to archive the old plugin so it doesn't get lost forever. Someone has to have downloaded it and left it sitting in a scripting folder.

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 04-20-2022 at 13:08.
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 04-21-2022 , 01:15   Re: Looking for a copy of a decade-old plugin
Reply With Quote #4

I should mention that I am also looking for any and all older custom attribute plugins written for use with the older Custom Weapons 1/2/3 systems, so I can rewrite them and update them for use with Custom Weapons X.

If you have any, please post them here/PM me them here/send them to me on Discord.

My end goal is to set up a giant library of custom TF2 attribute plugins that all work with CWX.

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 04-21-2022 at 01:16.