Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

VSH Versus Saxton Hale 1.55 - New Saxton Hale + Vagineer Models!

Post New Thread Reply   

Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 07-15-2014 , 05:48   Versus Saxton Hale 1.55 - New Saxton Hale + Vagineer Models!
Reply With Quote #1

Versus Saxton Hale!

See changelist below for the recent changes!
Remember to read about tf/addons/sourcemod/configs/saxton_hale/saxton_spawn_teleport.cfg

... Aaaaand the new Saxton Hale + Vagineer models, and convars for RTD and Goomba integration!

Special thanks to thePFA for the HD Saxton Hale model, and "El Taco" for the head-hitbox Vagineer model.

Already know what you're here for? (.smx + configs + source + new model files only)
vsh155.zip
- Fixed translation files
- Fixed error causing typo

Updated download for just the .smx: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...&postcount=562
- Fixed rtd being required. (lol).

Well over time I've noticed the plugin starting to get a little neglected and things breaking over time.

Fixes/Updates do get released, but only in the form of scattered posts in the main previous VSH thread that doesn't help everyone.

Not to mention, the installation instructions for that thread are a little bit... messy now.

So I made a new thread and updated the plugin. Do note that I am a very novice programmer and am liable to make various mistakes, any feedback/testing of such mistakes is very helpful!

I do apologize if I make a change that's unsatisfactory from any point of view, so if I do something bad, please do post about it here, perhaps with a suggestion of a better change.

I cannot guarantee that I'm knowledgeable enough with Sourcemod to fix the plugin after Valve updates all the time, thus I thank the rest of the Alliedmodders for contributing their help ouo

I mostly make changes to game balance, updating new weapons, and other important useful/aesthetic fixes.

Note: I do have my own server and it is much further updated than this one. I will not be adding any/all of the changes from my private server to this one. Most of the things I release will be necessary bugfixes or necessary balance changes to make improvements for the VSH community overall.

The reason I won't release a lot of my private work is simply that a lot of my changes are very hardcoded in my own plugin, and that I'm honestly kinda picky about what to release and what to keep 'unique' to my server. It's not that I like withholding content, if some things get requested I can probably throw them in anyway.

I'd like to avoid scenarios where I push a balance change and it turns out that it wasn't so great of an idea and it causes complaints for other communities. (Wow, look at that market gardener). But, from time to time I still will push balance changes, and thus I am always grateful for feedback.

What is this plugin?
VSH is a full game modification that makes one player per round Saxton Hale (or a special boss).
Armed with plenty of health and his bare hands, the player taking control of Saxton Hale must eliminate all of the enemy team to win, while they attempt to kill him.

Old VSH thread
Official TF Wiki article
VSH Steam group
TF2Data (Chdata's) Steam group
Servers with this plugin

Installation:
  • Make sure you have a recently updated Sourcemod.
  • Install the latest version of TF2Items.
  • Download vsh15x.zip and vsh_resources.zip attached below.
  • If you use sv_downloadurl, also download vsh_fastdl_bz2.zip to avoid giant ERROR signs.
  • Extract [here] the contents from both zips.
  • Move the contents of the extracted folders to your tf/ folder.
  • sv_pure 0
    - - Place this line in your server.cfg file or else the boss will be ERROR and sounds won't play.
  • tf_bot_quota_mode fill; tf_bot_quota 2 expert;
    - Place this line in your server.cfg file to make a bot join if there is only one person in the server.
    - This allows the one person in the server to roam the map even if noone else is online.
    - It leaves if a second human connects.
    - It also fixes all the glitchiness of what happens when the plugin is disabled when there aren't enough players.
  • The scripting folder with saxtonale.sp is only needed for programmers.
  • If updating from 1.42 to latest version you only need to update the translations/, tf/models/ + tf/materials/, and plugins/ folders. VSH no longer uses the gamedata/ folder and you can delete gamedata/saxtonhale.txt.
  • It is recommended to backup your tf/cfg/sourcemod/SaxtonHale.cfg, delete the old one, and allow the plugin to recreate it, and modify the new CFG to your likings. Be sure to check out the newly added cvars.
  • Be sure to backup the contents of your tf/addons/configs/saxton_hale/.
  • You can remove the Easter Bunny by recompiling saxtonhale.sp with the line '#define EASTER_BUNNY_ON' removed.
Optional Installation: (And recommended plugins/additions)For programmers:
  • You need TF2Items and morecolors.inc to compile saxtonhale.sp
  • As of v1.50 the plugin is now incompatible with versions of sourcemod lower than 1.6.3
  • You need the SteamTools include to retain the game name change when compiling. VSH will not give you a warning if you are missing it because it's optional.
  • Don't forget to include the include files from TF2Attributes, Goomba, and Roll The Dice, if you plan on using their integrated features!
  • Natives can be used for your plugin to make links to VSH, for example: get Hale's UserId, Health, MaxHealth, Team, Special round index etc. This is in scripting\include\saxtonhale.inc.
Recent Changes:
Quote:
1.55 (9/12/2015)

* Updated Saxton Hale's model to an HD version made by thePFA.
* Vagineer can be properly headshotted now!

1.54 (9/11/2015)

* Soldier shotgun: 40% reduced self blast damage.
* Rocket jumper now becomes a reskinned default rocket launcher that deals damage like normal.
* Removed quick-fix attribute from mediguns.
* Scorch shot now acts like Mega-Detonator. (I plan to buff MegaDetonator with Scorch Shot's stuff later).
* Pain Train now acts like a stock weapon.
* HHH Climb no longer slowers attack speed.
* Diamondback revenge crits on stab reduced from 3 -> 2.
* Diamondback revenge hits deal 200 dmg instead of 255.
* Market garden formula now scales the same as backstabs - but does less than backstabs.
* Fixed negative HaleHealth glitch, and 20k+ backstab glitch.
* Fixed boss melee weapons on CBS/Vagineer/HHH not showing attack animations in first person.
* Integrated goomba stomp and RTD with 6 new cvars for server owners to use.
* Added convar to prevent bosses from being able to goomba - only allowing mercenaries to goomba.
* Added convar to prevent mantread users (soldier + demo boots) from being able to goomba, since mantreads already deal 1024 damage on their own.
* Goomba stomp no longer hits through shields - it'll break it first.

1.53 (9/10/2015)

* Undid 1.7 syntax. (Chdata)
* Shahanshah: 1.66x dmg if <50% hp, 0.5x dmg if >50% hp.
* Big Earner provides 3 second speed boost on stab.
* Shortstop provides passive effects even when not active.
* Reverted gunmettle changes to deadringer and watch.
* Watches do not give speed boosts on cloak.
* Deadringer reduces melee damage to 62, and normal watch to 85.
* OVERRIDE_MEDIGUNS_ON is now on by default. Mediguns will simply have their stats replaced instead of a custom medigun replacement.
* Gunmettle weapons act like their non-skinned counter-parts.
* Natascha will no longer keep its bonus ammo when being replaced.
* Unnerfed the Easter Bunny's rage.
* Disabled dropped weapons during VSH rounds.
* Fixed some glitches.
Older Changes:
Spoiler

Future Changes: (TODO)
Spoiler

Cvars:
You can find all the cvars in tf/cfg/sourcemod/SaxtonHale.cfg
This spoiler box contains a list:
Spoiler

Commands / Admin Commands:
Usage: type on console, or type /command or !command in chat (for example: /hale)
Spoiler

Maplist:
The gamemode will activate on maps (or map prefixes "vsh_", etc) listed in tf/addons/sourcemod/configs/saxton_hale/saxton_hale_maps.cfg. In addition, quite a few koth maps feature spawn protection and doors that Hale cannot open. As such, you can place the map name in saxton_hale_doors.cfg in the same folder, and all doors on the map will be forced open.
There's some half-done support for setting next map to "Hale mapname" instead of just "mapname" to force the next map to play VSH, but it's... bad.
Placing the word "all" in either config will apply its effect to all maps.

Additionally, there is a new config: tf/addons/sourcemod/configs/saxton_hale/saxton_spawn_teleport.cfg
It is a list of maps in which the boss gets teleported back to spawn if he takes ANY damage from the map (via trigger_hurt).
The boss can only teleport to his own spawn for the first 60 seconds (1 minute). After that he teleports to any spawn.
HHH Teleports to spawns regardless of these settings, but only if the trigger_hurt does more than 250 damage.
If this causes problems on any maps, please post about it in this thread.
You can specify a prefix like ph_ or koth_ or vsh_ if you want, but this is not recommended.
You cannot specify "all" because that will cause problems on maps like vsh_megaman6_b5d.

FAQ:
Spoiler

If you have any questions... first, re-read this entire post (I know it's a pain, but there's quite a few things you probably missed the first time around), and then and only then post in this thread. Do not add anybody on Steam for help with this plugin, and do not send private messages about help with this plugin (unless you fear for your server security by posting crash dumps or something).

Some servers:
* TF2Data Versus Saxton Hale IP: 72.5.195.104:27016 (Clicking the link will open TF2 and connect you to the server)
* Many VSH servers: http://tf2stats.net/server_search/?s...&Search=Search
* More VSH servers: http://www.gametracker.com/search/tf2/?query=vsh
* TF2Data Community: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tf2data

Special thanks to...
* Eggman - He made the plugin!
* Flaminsarge - Cleaning up the plugin a lot and taking over its update maintenance.
* Chdata - Cleaning up some stuff, updating some things, making balance changes, taking over its update maintenance.
* nergal - Added some very nice features to the plugin and fixed important bugs.
* fiagram * Powerlord - For the wearable items fix.
* The Alliedmodders community.

Wanna support us?
- Play the gamemode!
- Offer suggestions/balance changes/coding changes.
- Donate to Chdata. (Funds will be used to continue running TF2Data community servers).

All of these download mirrors may be outdated... so don't use them, download the full download from github below.
Downloads: (vsh_resources.zip & vsh_fastdl_bz2.zip)
VSH Resources: Mirror1 | Mirror2 | GDrive
VSH BZ2: Mirror1 | Mirror2 | GDrive

GitHub:
https://github.com/Chdata/Versus-Sax...commits/master

Full download: (includes all of the models/sounds/fastdl zips):
- Under construction!
Attached Files
File Type: zip vsh155.zip (7.66 MB, 8780 views)

Last edited by Chdata; 07-10-2017 at 04:00. Reason: 1.55
WildCard65
Veteran Member
Old 07-15-2014 , 07:02   Re: Versus Saxton Hale 1.43 - Now with collaboration! (Last updated 7/15/2014)
Reply With Quote #2

I guess I could have VSH on github even though I don't use VSH.
Edit: At this writing, I'm pushing vsh to github. https://github.com/WildCard65/Versus-Saxton-Hale
Edit2: Github repo ready.
Edit3: Travis building is set up.
Edit4: To people who want to contribute to vsh repo, make PRs and make sure travis can build them.

Last edited by WildCard65; 07-15-2014 at 07:23.
Wliu
Veteran Member
Old 07-15-2014 , 08:23   Re: Versus Saxton Hale 1.43 - Now with collaboration! (Last updated 7/15/2014)
Reply With Quote #3

Nice to see VSH is getting updated again .

WildCard...the people who update VSH are supposed to create the repo...they should also have push access...
Veteran Member
Old 07-15-2014 , 08:26   Re: Versus Saxton Hale 1.43 - Now with collaboration! (Last updated 7/15/2014)
Reply With Quote #4

I just don't know anything about github or how it's useful.
Old 07-15-2014 , 08:32   Re: Versus Saxton Hale 1.43 - Now with collaboration! (Last updated 7/15/2014)
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wliu View Post
Nice to see VSH is getting updated again .

WildCard...the people who update VSH are supposed to create the repo...they should also have push access...
Ik, once Chdata knows how to use Github, I'll give him/her push access to my repo, besides, the thread says
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chdata View Post
I've never used github, but if anyone wants to set that up, I'll update the OP with links.
@Chdata Mind getting me a list of active devs of VSH who you know use Github? And in the list I'll need their Github names to add them as Collaborators

Last edited by WildCard65; 07-15-2014 at 08:35.
Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 07-15-2014 , 08:36   Re: Versus Saxton Hale 1.43 - Now with collaboration! (Last updated 7/15/2014)
Reply With Quote #6

Active devs of VSH
Me
Flaminsarge
nergal

github? no clue!
Old 07-15-2014 , 08:41   Re: Versus Saxton Hale 1.43 - Now with collaboration! (Last updated 7/15/2014)
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Active devs of VSH
Me
Flaminsarge
nergal

github? no clue!
I believe I found FlaminSarge, with his github name being FlaminSarge
Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 07-15-2014 , 08:44   Re: Versus Saxton Hale 1.43 - Now with collaboration! (Last updated 7/15/2014)
Reply With Quote #8

Mines is Chdata

But I've never really used it.

Last edited by Chdata; 07-15-2014 at 08:44.
WildCard65
Veteran Member
Old 07-15-2014 , 08:48   Re: Versus Saxton Hale 1.43 - Now with collaboration! (Last updated 7/15/2014)
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Mines is Chdata

But I've never really used it.
Added you to list of collaborators, you now have push access to the VSH repo I made without need of using PRs.

@FlaminSarge I need you to verify that your github name is FlaminSarge
Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 07-15-2014 , 10:17   Re: Versus Saxton Hale 1.43 - Now with collaboration! (Last updated 7/15/2014)
Reply With Quote #10

I just converted all the tabs to spaces (plx use sublime text).

How can I update that on github?