Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] Tougher Survivor Bots

Post New Thread Reply   

Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 10-02-2017 , 06:17   Re: [L4D2] Tougher Survivor Bots
Reply With Quote #11

I suggest that you update the attachments on the original post since not everyone usually scrolls down to see newer versions of the plugin.

Last edited by Psyk0tik; 10-22-2017 at 11:13.
jamalsheref2
Old 11-24-2017 , 14:43   Re: [L4D2] Tougher Survivor Bots
Reply With Quote #12

can you make a l4d1 version too pls
krokroJoujou
Old 01-24-2018 , 12:06   Re: [L4D2] Tougher Survivor Bots
Reply With Quote #13

In which way does this modify the survivor bots?

Thank you.
Sunyata
Old 02-03-2019 , 08:12   Re: [L4D2] Tougher Survivor Bots
Reply With Quote #14

Could this plugin work with L4D1 too?
Sunyata
Old 02-04-2019 , 06:45   Re: [L4D2] Tougher Survivor Bots
Reply With Quote #15

I've tested this plugin and it works also for L4D1 on Windows and Linux servers. \0/

Would have been nice to be able to write the script values to an autoexec file, so I could play around with the settings, but the default ones do work really well, especially on my extreme expert hardcore server.
Sunyata
Old 02-05-2019 , 08:35   Re: [L4D2] Tougher Survivor Bots
Reply With Quote #16

Player rescue first. Bot rescue last. Is it possible to do this in the plugin?

For example: when a player and a bot get into trouble at the same time; whether getting jumped, smoked or incapped, the 'rescue' bots tend to run away from the player in trouble and go help the bot that's in trouble first. This really needs to be reversed, so that the player becomes the priority; rescued first, and the bot rescued last.

I've always found this a nuisance within the game itself, especially on my server when I'm playing it on 'extreme' expert. I don't even know if there's a CVAR for the game that can switch this on or off either.

Last edited by Sunyata; 02-05-2019 at 08:38.
Sunyata
Old 03-17-2019 , 08:11   Re: [L4D2] Tougher Survivor Bots
Reply With Quote #17

Should this plugin ever get updated by author or some other coder even... one can live in hope I guess There's something else that needs to be addressed with this plugin in the future: the Witch doesn't insta-kill with her one claw-swipe on expert difficulty, which she should do really - so is in keeping with the original game design intent.

With the bots increased health multipliers, she'll just keep swiping at a bot x amount of times before it dies, same applies with the lower difficulties, where it takes several claw swipes before the bot becomes incapped, when it should become incapped by the first claw swipe.
Sunyata
Old 08-31-2020 , 06:09   Re: [L4D2] Tougher Survivor Bots
Reply With Quote #18

Further to my post 17, regarding the Witch issue: there's a trick that could be used to get the Witch to incapacitate (on normal and advanced) or to kill (on expert) the bots properly. I notice that the code's CVAR value "l4d_tsb_enable" can switch the code on or off while in the game.

This code could briefly switch from it default 'on' value "l4d_tsb_enable 1" to its "l4d_tsb_enable 0" (off) value when a bot first startles the Witch, this would get the Witch swipe action working properly again - where she gets to incap or kill the bot as the game intends. And once the bot is incapacitated or killed, the code value could revert back to its "l4d_tsb_enable 1" value again. I've already tested this out manually in-game, and it works.

Question is, could any coder here tweak the code to include this change. Or better still; is there a right way to get this Witch attack action to work properly without the hack I'm suggesting anyway.

Thoughts anyone?
Alex101192
Old 08-31-2020 , 06:13   Re: [L4D2] Tougher Survivor Bots
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunyata View Post
Further to my post 17, regarding the Witch issue: there's a trick that could be used to get the Witch to incapacitate (on normal and advanced) or to kill (on expert) the bots properly. I notice that the code's CVAR value "l4d_tsb_enable" can switch the code on or off while in the game.

This code could briefly switch from it default 'on' value "l4d_tsb_enable 1" to its "l4d_tsb_enable 0" (off) value when a bot first startles the Witch, this would get the Witch swipe action working properly again - where she gets to incap or kill the bot as the game intends. And once the bot is incapacitated or killed, the code value could revert back to its "l4d_tsb_enable 1" value again. I've already tested this out manually in-game, and it works.

Question is, could any coder here tweak the code to include this change. Or better still; is there a right way to get this Witch attack action to work properly without the hack I'm suggesting anyway.

Thoughts anyone?
Maybe someone will do it in another 3 months. This if you are lucky of course.
Sunyata
Old 08-31-2020 , 06:19   Re: [L4D2] Tougher Survivor Bots
Reply With Quote #20

Indeed. IDK if there is another plugin like this, that's perhaps similar that supports L4D1 at this forum.

I've been looking for something like this: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=655424673 - but it needs to work server-side of course.