Post New Thread Reply   

sinblaster
Grim Reaper
Old 05-06-2011 , 05:33   Re: 5/5/2011 Update
Reply With Quote #111

win machines yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_Magotchi View Post
If he weren't in violation of the GPLv3 before, he is now, by taking down the Google Code site for KAC, the only source of source code for multiple binaries that he has released.
I aren't worried. Let it die. Maybe Panda and guys like you can keep panda's version running.

Last edited by asherkin; 05-06-2011 at 05:40.
Rehtag
Old 05-06-2011 , 05:38   Re: 5/5/2011 Update
Reply With Quote #112

As a neutral and with respect, I thought that was a little harsh on Kigden, although if he's had several warnings before then I guess, "he had it coming", but there was very little respect in the way it was handled via sinblaster.

Quite simply you should never allow SMX files to be attached, or if this isn't feasible write a forum plugin that checks for the existence of an SP attachment if an SMX has been attached.

If you only allow text file SP attachements you could also automate the compilation of an SMX perhaps even blocking SP files that don't compile.
Fyren
FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren
Old 05-06-2011 , 05:41   Re: 5/5/2011 Update
Reply With Quote #113

Kigen was banned for reinserting the binary link without source after being told to provide source. The source only later showed up. The order of posts/posts edits/the ban is not obvious unless you have access to the histories.

Keep further discussion in this thread on topic regarding the Valve update.
clutchh
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-06-2011 , 05:42   Re: 5/5/2011 Update
Reply With Quote #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinblaster View Post
win machines yes
Anyone with a brain knows that kigen is only out there scamming for server donations.
I agree with this. There's too much talk about him going on in here though. I say everyone just drops it, since this is about the update.

So anyway, does LumiStances's plugin block everything that is crashing us or should we do anything else as well?
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 05-06-2011 , 05:43   Re: 5/5/2011 Update
Reply With Quote #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehtag View Post
I thought that was a little harsh on Kigden, although if he's had several warnings before then I guess, "he had it coming"
I can understand how it looks, but there was a long history of issues.

Quote:
but there was very little respect in the way it was handled via sinblaster.
Just use the report post button if you feel a post by any user is insulting to another user, it is against the rules.
I've cleaned up a few posts in this thread accordingly.

Quote:
Quite simply you should never allow SMX files to be attached, or if this isn't feasible write a forum plugin that checks for the existence of an SP attachment if an SMX has been attached.

If you only allow text file SP attachements you could also automate the compilation of an SMX perhaps even blocking SP files that don't compile.
I completely agree. Unfortunately, the current web compiler doesn't have support for 3rd party includes. This is being worked on, and as soon as the infrastructure is there, I'll be seeing what can be done to stop (at least on this forum) compiled plugins being posted at all.
Old 05-06-2011 , 05:44   Re: 5/5/2011 Update
Reply With Quote #116

Quote:
but there was very little respect in the way it was handled via sinblaster.

please explain. I have no idea what you are on about. I only know what I know from being stung with a few donations and learned directly the agenda that was really at hand. So unless you care to elaberate on wtf exactly I have to do with Kigen getting banned, please unless you have worn my shoes and know what he did with the contributions I personally donated to him, don't bring my name into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
I've cleaned up a few posts in this thread accordingly.
With all due respect, Id appreciate a PM on this I still have no idea what you are refering to.

Last edited by sinblaster; 05-06-2011 at 05:47.
raydan
Old 05-06-2011 , 05:47   Re: 5/5/2011 Update
Reply With Quote #117

is valve know crash problem? will fix this bug soon?
Simmy
Old 05-06-2011 , 05:54   Re: 5/5/2011 Update
Reply With Quote #118

Servers I admin on seem to be crashing when auto slay kicks in, ie. when the bomb goes off it is meant to slay the CT's, but the server crashes when the script tries to do that

This worked fine before the 5/5 update.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 05-06-2011 , 05:56   Re: 5/5/2011 Update
Reply With Quote #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmy View Post
Servers I admin on seem to be crashing when auto slay kicks in, ie. when the bomb goes off it is meant to slay the CT's, but the server crashes when the script tries to do that

This worked fine before the 5/5 update.
Anything that kills the player without using a weapon will cause the crash.
It'll take a matter of seconds for Valve to fix it once they notice.
Old 05-06-2011 , 05:57   Re: 5/5/2011 Update
Reply With Quote #120

Turn off all plugins who moved or slayed the players. And the crash gone. Thats all. Works for me.