Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2Items] Randomizer (v1.591, 08/11/2013)

Post New Thread Reply   

FunkyLoveCow
Old 02-12-2011 , 01:00   Re: [TF2Items] Randomizer (v1.2, 1/9/2010)
Reply With Quote #171

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminSarge View Post
Show of hands (vote), convert Randomizer over to REQUIRE GiveWeapons?
/me raises hand
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 02-13-2011 , 17:46   Re: [TF2Items] Randomizer (v1.2, 1/9/2010)
Reply With Quote #172

peroxwhygen: some of the fixes are specific to randomizer, those will probably stay in. Some have to do with ammo which will be hard to maintain without randomizer's system of assigning three numbers to people (so I can look up the ammo based on if Randomizer is on and they have a weapon that needs ammo, I just check what they were assigned and give them that much ammo).

I'm fairly certain I fixed all instances of rapidfire, including when they have autoreload on and click really fast. If you can figure out the conditions, that'd be awesome. So far nobody on any other server I know has been able to rapidfire.

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.
peroxwhygen
BANNED
Old 02-14-2011 , 09:47   Re: [TF2Items] Randomizer (v1.2, 1/9/2010)
Reply With Quote #173

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminSarge View Post
peroxwhygen: some of the fixes are specific to randomizer, those will probably stay in. Some have to do with ammo which will be hard to maintain without randomizer's system of assigning three numbers to people (so I can look up the ammo based on if Randomizer is on and they have a weapon that needs ammo, I just check what they were assigned and give them that much ammo).

I'm fairly certain I fixed all instances of rapidfire, including when they have autoreload on and click really fast. If you can figure out the conditions, that'd be awesome. So far nobody on any other server I know has been able to rapidfire.
So an update on that rapidfire thing. The guy on my server who's been doing it finally "told me how he did it", although it seemed more like he was coming up with an excuse.

He said it was that Reload when not firing thing. I doubt it. He was still doing it even with the fix. I doubt it's the reload option thing.

As well I've been having errors galore with randomizer:

Code:
:L 02/14/2011 - 12:45:32: [SM] Native "KillTimer" reported: Invalid timer handle 560201ef (error 1) 
:L 02/14/2011 - 12:45:32: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "tf2items_randomizer.smx": 
:L 02/14/2011 - 12:45:32: [SM]   [0]  Line 669,  C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\tf2\plugins\tf2items_randomizer.sp::player_death()  
:L 02/14/2011 - 12:45:52: [SM] Native "TriggerTimer" reported: Invalid timer handle 560201ef (error 1) 
:L 02/14/2011 - 12:45:52: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "tf2items_randomizer.smx": 
:L 02/14/2011 - 12:45:52: [SM]   [0]  Line 583,  C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\tf2\plugins\tf2items_randomizer.sp::lockerwepreset()
The reason I suggested moving all the fixes into a new plugin of just-fixes, was from a suggestion I found on your TF2 wiki talk page. I was searching the Wiki at the time and noticed that another user on the wiki left you a message about the same errors i've been having and suggested you move the fixes to a new plugin.

I think that's a good idea for the most part, although it sounds hard based on what you explained.
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 02-14-2011 , 16:40   Re: [TF2Items] Randomizer (v1.2, 1/9/2010)
Reply With Quote #174

The guy on my wiki page. He's been banned from the alliedmods forums 3+ times.
I've explained it to him too, and he seemed to understand.
The error thing with killtimers stopped for me a while back o.o I'll see what's up.

I've tested several scenarios, including the autoreload when not firing. It all seemed to work. I'll do more testing this weekend (I've been a bit busy these past couple weeks).

Sit tight for a bit, sorry.

EDIT: So now I see that there's been another ban. Amazing.

peroxwhygen, if you're still around, and if you're the guy on my wiki talk page (or know him), just say who you are so I can use what I learned from all your other problems to fix this current one -.-
Referring to yourself as somebody else confuses me to no avail.

If you ARE this person, at least send me a PM on an alt so I know who I'm talking to.

Psyduck likes replays.

Last edited by FlaminSarge; 02-19-2011 at 14:09.
Otherman
Old 02-18-2011 , 23:46   Re: [TF2Items] Randomizer (v1.2, 1/9/2010)
Reply With Quote #175

I really wish the Eyelander gave bonus health and speed. Is it possible to actually add that trait? Because that would be freaking awesome. Currently it only recovers 15 health, and gives that wicked glowing right eye (if the person has an eye). If it is possible, please add this feature.
If cosmetics matter, maybe add glowing to the other eye?

Last edited by Otherman; 03-14-2011 at 14:04.
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 02-20-2011 , 13:30   Re: [TF2Items] Randomizer (v1.2, 1/9/2010)
Reply With Quote #176

Suggestion taken into account, btw. It should already do it, though.

Also the Timer bug has been fixed. Still trying to find a good time to update everything.

Psyduck likes replays.

Last edited by FlaminSarge; 02-21-2011 at 02:20.
gavintlgold
Old 03-14-2011 , 19:38   Re: [TF2Items] Randomizer (v1.3, 02/24/2011)
Reply With Quote #177

Over at Critsandvich our Randomizer server is down while we wait for the crashing bugs to be fixed. Gonna release the timer fix anytime soon?
Veteran Member
Old 03-15-2011 , 03:15   Re: [TF2Items] Randomizer (v1.3, 02/24/2011)
Reply With Quote #178

The timer fix WAS released... I could swear it was.
Quote:
*Fixed that pesky Timer error
I see no crashing bugs...

Psyduck likes replays.
Leonardo
Veteran Member
Old 03-15-2011 , 03:29   Re: [TF2Items] Randomizer (v1.3, 02/24/2011)
Reply With Quote #179

add ability to disable jumpers (rocket jumper, sticky jumper)
it's just like a trap for player

Quote:
Originally Posted by player wih rocket jumper
whyyyyy
why I can't kill anyone?!
what the hell????
oh no wait
it's a rocket jumper
whoaaa

Last edited by Leonardo; 03-15-2011 at 03:54.
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 03-15-2011 , 12:25   Re: [TF2Items] Randomizer (v1.3, 02/24/2011)
Reply With Quote #180

http://instanttrap.com/
But seriously, I've said this a couple times before:
Just like RTD wouldn't be RTD without its bad rolls, Randomizer wouldn't be Randomizer without bad rolls. Which is the only reason why the Banners and the Wrangler are in there right now.

Also, to anybody having troubles with civilians caused by Randomizer, if Civilian Class fixers aren't working (they should), you can use http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=152776 to prevent it, at least until Valve fixes the bug (the fix was supposed to be Monday, Valve time)

Psyduck likes replays.

Last edited by FlaminSarge; 03-15-2011 at 12:34.