0% 

New AMX

Post New Thread Reply   

SniperBeamer
AMX Mod X Founder
Old 08-02-2004 , 21:12  
Reply With Quote #21

Hello DoubleDoom!

Maybe you noticed that I didn't delete your post like you did.
I would just say: Let the quality win!
Old 08-03-2004 , 05:42  
Reply With Quote #22

Is it a competition?

How sad you feel that way.
195.20.109.115:27015 No Sniper/AWP, 32player
http://loonyasylum.net
BAILOPAN
Old 08-03-2004 , 08:01  
Reply With Quote #23

No, I think he's just pointing out that, unlike you, he encourages free discussion.
Old 08-03-2004 , 08:41  
Reply With Quote #24

On the amxx forums you expect AMXx propoganda and even misinformation against amx. That doesnt mean we have to allow that on the amx forums. Discussion is fine. Blatent propoganda is not.

People using adminmod on adminmod forums will be pro adminmod. People using amxx on amxx forums will be pro amxx and people using amx on the amx forums will be pro amx.

The pointless sniping against amx is daft. Without amx you wouldnt be here now. AMX is not dead and the next release is already in development. This means there are four major hl admin mods out there all under development.

The All-Seeing Eye filtered the Internet game servers to show how many were running the most popular server addons.

AMX Mod: 6689
AdminMod: 4861
AMX Mod X: 3323
StatsMe: 2695
ClanMod: 2540
Cheating-Death: 1973
HLGuard: 1427
WebMod: 1222

You should be pleased that AMXX has got that many in a short time. It has sailed past clanmod and is snapping at the heels of adminmod.

Going forwards from this, you can decide how you want to co-exist with amx because amx is not going away. Personally i would like them to co-exist happily with each other. We could pick many faults with amxx but have chosen not to because we dont want it to degenerate that way.
Deagle
Veteran Member
Old 08-03-2004 , 09:23  
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleDoom

AMX Mod: 6689
AdminMod: 4861
AMX Mod X: 3323
StatsMe: 2695
ClanMod: 2540
Cheating-Death: 1973
HLGuard: 1427
WebMod: 1222

You should be pleased that AMXX has got that many in a short time. It has sailed past clanmod and is snapping at the heels of adminmod.
well spoken "in a short time" and it is only a matter of time before it exceeds amxmod, everybody heard it was dead including me
they kept on developing thats there bussines, the sniping right now u are the one sniping.
This discussion was in a different thread and your spreading it out
thats the sniper in my opinion, lets just close the case everybody return to
there own....
DoubleDoom
Old 08-03-2004 , 09:34  
Reply With Quote #26

I cannot see any sniping in that post at all. Indeed, it was an attempt of providing a balanced response to posts made earlier and an indication of how i would like things to be in the future.
-=STN=- MaGe
Veteran Member
Old 08-04-2004 , 09:24  
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad HAL 9000
It wont be, AMX is dead
new amx is out now, go to amxmod.net

Send a message via Yahoo to -=STN=- MaGe
Dicope
Old 08-04-2004 , 09:27  
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=STN=- MaGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad HAL 9000
It wont be, AMX is dead
new amx is out now, go to amxmod.net
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperBeamer
2l8
YMAC
Old 08-05-2004 , 00:28  
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleDoom
On the amxx forums you expect AMXx propoganda and even misinformation against amx. That doesnt mean we have to allow that on the amx forums. Discussion is fine. Blatent propoganda is not.
Speaking of discussion, I asked a simple question on the AMX forum and got no response...
Quote:
Originally Posted by I
Why a new version after such a long period? Amxx has picked up the torch as far as I can tell. Now most of the mod authors have invested lots of time and energy porting their mods to Amxx. What is the plan? Will there need to be two versions of plugins, one for amx and one for amxx? I am confused...
I keep seeing everyone saying that admins can just pick a version they like and go with it. That is not true, admins pick plugins and go with the mod that supports them. With two branches of AMX plugin developers are expected to support AMX and AMXX? Is that fair? Correct me if I am wrong, but that is extra work for people that have plenty to do as it is. As the versions drift further apart in their implementations and structure won't people be forced to pick one or the other? I do not program so I rely on the people that create the plugins for my server. What if one plugin goes AMX and one goes AMXX? Is it a big deal?
Peli
Veteran Member
Old 08-05-2004 , 00:43  
Reply With Quote #30

Seriously , get over it , wow new amx came out , but how long has it been? AMXX is better we all know it can do more and it's more powerful , just because you like AMX more doesn't mean that AMXX sucks , we all used AMX or Adminmod before we used AMXX so we liked AMX too , AMX doesn't suck either.
Send a message via MSN to Peli