Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

See Enemies on the Radar

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   Counter-Strike        Category:   General Purpose        Approver:   Geesu (62)
BlueRaja
Old 12-12-2004 , 04:09   See Enemies on the Radar
Reply With Quote #1

Code:
/* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *  *    Admin_radar, by BlueRaja (AMX Mod X)     *  *                                             *  *      Special thanks to Damaged Soul         *  * - not just for helping me when I needed it, *  *    but for putting up with all my shit ^_^  *  *                                             *  *      (c) Copyright 2004  BlueRaja           *  * This file is provided as is (no warranties) *  * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * */

Since, as has been mentioned several times, it's impossible to hack the radar using just AMXX, I had to improvise
This plugin fakes a BombDrop message when the player is on T, and HostagePos message when the player is on CT. Since there can only be one bomb and four hostages at any one time, you will only be able to see one enemy while on T and four while on CT at any one time. The plugin cycles through the living enemies, showing one every second (the refresh rate can be changed, although it must be done before compiling..and I wouldn't recommend it).
As it stands, only admins with ADMIN_RCON are sent the message, although this as well can be changed easily from within the source (although you don't want to have to message too many people O_o)

COMMANDS:
amx_refresh: Although theoretically this should be called automatically, you can use this if some admins with ADMIN_RCON can't see the enemy right away, or if some people who shouldn't see the enemy on their radar do.

[edit 1-8-05] -- ok, hypothetically, I fixed the errors, and, for you paranoid little whiners, I fixed the warnings as well...
Damn, I had almost 150 downloads, too
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (admin_radar.sma - 9261 views - 6.4 KB)
Send a message via AIM to BlueRaja Send a message via MSN to BlueRaja
Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 12-12-2004 , 07:10  
Reply With Quote #2

Why do you want to see the enemy on the radar?

Apart from that, why isn't it possible to see all the enemies on radar at once? When sending the radar message, why not pretend the enemies as friends... wouldn't that be possible?
LizardKing
Old 12-12-2004 , 09:08  
Reply With Quote #3

seems like a cheat to me, admins will prolly download this and edit it to only work for them. bah! Make this a super hero or something instead maybe?
Veteran Member
Old 12-12-2004 , 09:37  
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardKing
seems like a cheat to me, admins will prolly download this and edit it to only work for them. bah! Make this a super hero or something instead maybe?
they dont have to chage it, this only works for admin with rcon capabilities anyway.
Old 12-12-2004 , 11:50  
Reply With Quote #5

hoho,thk,i just test it!!

good job man
ol
Old 12-12-2004 , 13:22  
Reply With Quote #6

hai, it run very fine for me!!!

but,color is wrong,can you fix it???
BlueRaja
Old 12-12-2004 , 13:58  
Reply With Quote #7

The colors are right; as I said, I had to send the BombDrop message if the player is on T, and HostagePos if the player is on CT.
As for the Radar message...you have to send a userid along with it, and only id's on the same team as the admin are shown. If I were to use the Radar message to show an enemy, then I'd have to take away the blip of a valid living friendly in order to see them (the enemy).
I wish there were another way, but from what I've heard, there isn't...
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=458

As for only admins getting the messages..the more people that the plugin has to send the message to, the more it bogs down the server. If you really want everyone to be able to use it, though, just set ACCESS_LEVEL to ADMIN_USER.

Finally, the cheating...ya, it could be used to cheat. There are a lot of plugins that could be used to cheat; that doesn't mean that they SHOULD be used to cheat, though.
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=8167

I'm sorry to everyone if anyone decides to use any of my plugins to cheat, but please don't take it out on me; I'm just the messenger. :-\
BlueRaja
Old 12-12-2004 , 14:28  
Reply With Quote #8

To elaborate on the Radar message:
Code:
message_begin(MSG_ONE, gmsgRadar, {0,0,0}, id)     write_byte(enemyid)     write_coord(xCoord)     write_coord(yCoord)     write_coord(zCoord) message_end()
...only displays something on the radar when cs_get_user_team(id)==cs_get_user_team(enemyi d)...in which case, I suppose, they wouldn't be your enemy
gign
Old 12-12-2004 , 23:36  
Reply With Quote #9

How do i change the access level instead of rcon to custom level c? (flag o)
BlueRaja
Old 12-12-2004 , 23:54  
Reply With Quote #10

change this line:
Code:
#define ACCESS_LEVEL ADMIN_RCON
to this:
Code:
#define ACCESS_LEVEL ADMIN_LEVEL_C