Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

phpBB addon for managing Admins

Post New Thread Reply   

tla-nick
Old 05-28-2004 , 11:08   phpBB addon for managing Admins
Reply With Quote #1

I hope this is the correct forum for this, (I'm not sure where else would be right)

I've created a phpBB addon page for configuring Admins (add, modify, delete etc) when using MySQL.

The page uses the session management from phpBB which means that only logged in users who have specified ranks can access the page (also uses the users selected theme etc).

piccy

Tested with phpBB 2.0.8 (may work with earlier versions but I suggest you update as well ;) )

/edit: New .zip
* correct installation instructions this time
* moved extra files to contrib (since they shouldn't be around in a working install really).
* tided some code up.
Attached Files
File Type: zip amx_admin.zip (11.9 KB, 232 views)

- Another Disgruntled Microsoft User
komandar
Old 05-28-2004 , 12:00  
Reply With Quote #2

Cool. It would be nice, if anybody make this plugin for the wbb, too.
BigBaller
Veteran Member
Old 05-28-2004 , 12:06  
Reply With Quote #3

Wow, I must say that is a very neat thought for a plugin/addon, I do hve to say A + Work

QwertyAccess
Veteran Member
Old 05-28-2004 , 19:49  
Reply With Quote #4

Yeah, indeed nice work, Isnt modding stuff into phpbb harder though i might try this out later, ill tell you how it works if i do.
Old 05-28-2004 , 19:51  
Reply With Quote #5

ok this is just hot, gj. will test out right now.
Old 05-29-2004 , 03:58  
Reply With Quote #6

nice ... jghg is working on a plugin which grants special abilities for players which are registered either on a website or on a phpbb forum! its in the plugin section under WWWReg ... perhaps you both could create a complete servermanagment tool for phpbb together?
Send a message via ICQ to knocker
[B]reak
Old 05-29-2004 , 05:57  
Reply With Quote #7

nice man...

When you post, always use or , and or . Always search the forums before posting, or others might get . And... oh ya...
Send a message via MSN to [B]reak
FeuerSturm
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-29-2004 , 07:49  
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by knocker
nice ... jghg is working on a plugin which grants special abilities for players which are registered either on a website or on a phpbb forum! its in the plugin section under WWWReg ... perhaps you both could create a complete servermanagment tool for phpbb together?
woah!

that would be awsome!
Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 05-29-2004 , 18:03  
Reply With Quote #9

This is cool, and useful, not the least for my plugin because then I don't have to do the phpbb part :-)

for my plugin I also modded phpbb, but just added a steamid line below the icq line in user profile (didn't update the plugin in the post yet).. still under development..

So does this addon also let people add their steamids or how does it work? Im too lazy to dl and see ;-)
tla-nick
Old 05-29-2004 , 18:29  
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny got his gun
So does this addon also let people add their steamids or how does it work? Im too lazy to dl and see ;-)
No, it's for managing admins with AMXX-MySQL, ie it lets you change their access levels, passwords, flags etc.

The extent of the integration with pbpBB is that it uses phpBB for authentication and also uses phpBB's templates for header / footer and styles.

I am probably going to do some more extensive phpBB addons / mods / hacks but I'm still figuring out how phpBB is put together and what I want to do with it, though adding steamid's to a profile is one thing I was almost certainly going to do, since that would enable a large variety of thinks, such as "this player is currently online on server X", linking to HLStats / PSstats player profiles etc.

- Another Disgruntled Microsoft User