Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[L4D2] Witch Control

Post New Thread Reply   

DarrenToh
Old 05-01-2010 , 02:11   Re: [L4D2] Witch Control
Reply With Quote #41

When a person is in control of a witch and a tank spawns,he takes the tank and is still in witch mode. so the tank is pretty much wasted.
DJ_WEST
Old 05-01-2010 , 03:04   Re: [L4D2] Witch Control
Reply With Quote #42

Quote:
I think I had the Hunter and Witch bug at the same time.

I looked at the witch, nothing happened, through my vision went different, but I was still in a Hunter body.

Someone tired to shoot me when I was a hunter with a shotgun in my face, he hit me about 10 times wasn't really hurting me.

Using SM 1.4 and latest MM on linux.

Using this on a 10vs10 Realism VS server, seems the Witch Mod will only work for the first witch only.

UPDATE.

I was a boomer, took control of the witch, but the boomer had 2000HP and I couldn't be killed.

They lit the witch on fire and I started to lose HP while being on fire at the same time as a Boomer.
Please add a demo that I understand what you mean.
I will try to explain how it works. When you take the witch, you become a hunter, then HUD was a long strip. Then change the class to not infected (visual player is a hunter). Then change player settings: invisibility, god mode, display HP of the witch, the player teleporting to the witch coordinates to show the players nickname on the witch. Then when the player lose control of a witch - he dies. Bots and players don't see a real player, because he is invisible and has a class not infected.
As for 10x10 mode, I think should work, because no matter how many witches, every one can take. The only problem is
that you can see - this is the CPU load on the server.
Quote:
Epic idea but does not work if there´s more than 1 witch at the same time.
Everytime I aim at an additionally spawned witch and press USE I die instantly
I tested with more than 1 witch at the same time - everything worked. The problem when the player dies after take witch I also sometimes seen. I will try to understand why and fix it.
Quote:
This plugins sets for me gameinstructor_enable to 1 every time i take control of the witch, messagemode is 2...
Yes, thanks, I will fix this in next version.
Quote:
Works great! One thing that would be really nice to have: some instructions that display for all Infected players when the witch spawns, about how to take control of her.
When the witch spawn, the plugin already display instructions to all infected players.
Quote:
Don't know how you guys are getting it to work when we still got the hunter bug. o.O
What do you mean the "hunter bug"? If you become a hunter after taking a witch, then it is normal, so it should be.
Quote:
When a person is in control of a witch and a tank spawns,he takes the tank and is still in witch mode. so the tank is pretty much wasted.
I will do when a player becomes a tank and he has control of the witch that he was losing it. Thanks.
Old 05-01-2010 , 03:20   Re: [L4D2] Witch Control
Reply With Quote #43

Will try take a demo later today when the server starts filling up again but I try to explain one more time.

As a infected player, I look at the witch, I press action and my vision changes, my view is where the witch is but soon as I move, am back in my old infected player again.

My old infected player has godmode and everything, can't be killed, when I move, the witch moves, but am not in the body of the witch.

It's like remote control.
DJ_WEST
Old 05-01-2010 , 03:40   Re: [L4D2] Witch Control
Reply With Quote #44

Quote:
My old infected player has godmode and everything, can't be killed, when I move, the witch moves, but am not in the body of the witch.
You would not be in the body of the witch, you're also a hunter, but your control is transferred to the witch, that is, you go, she goes, you sit down, she sits down. To fully understand look the video from the first post.
Old 05-01-2010 , 03:54   Re: [L4D2] Witch Control
Reply With Quote #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_WEST View Post
You would not be in the body of the witch, you're also a hunter, but your control is transferred to the witch, that is, you go, she goes, you sit down, she sits down. To fully understand look the video from the first post.
Ah, didn't see the video, now I understand.

But this is nothing like it is our server, you don't transfer to the witch at all like this, it is more like remote control.
DJ_WEST
Old 05-01-2010 , 04:11   Re: [L4D2] Witch Control
Reply With Quote #46

I fixed some errors, please check out.

Quote:
Fixed.
Quote:
If all the survivors die while a human is controlling the witch, that human will either suddenly die or be stuck somewhere in the map when they spawn as a survivor.
Fixed.
Quote:
This plugins sets for me gameinstructor_enable to 1 every time i take control of the witch, messagemode is 2...
Fixed.
Quote:
Just tired to take control of the witch and I just die....
Probably fixed, need testing.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d2_witch_control.sp - 734 views - 24.8 KB)
Old 05-01-2010 , 04:18   Re: [L4D2] Witch Control
Reply With Quote #47

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH FOR MAKING THIS PLUGIN!!!!!!!!!!! i will add it to my server, test it out, and bring back results.

IronWarrior
Veteran Member
Old 05-01-2010 , 04:18   Re: [L4D2] Witch Control
Reply With Quote #48

Awesome, will get back to you when we have tested the new version out.

Thank you.

I just done a small demo, it's not very clear but it should show you.
Attached Files
File Type: zip demo.zip (522.5 KB, 187 views)

Last edited by IronWarrior; 05-01-2010 at 04:20.
DJ_WEST
Old 05-01-2010 , 04:23   Re: [L4D2] Witch Control
Reply With Quote #49

Quote:
Ah, didn't see the video, now I understand.

But this is nothing like it is our server, you don't transfer to the witch at all like this, it is more like remote control.
In this case, the witch complies with her events and code written by developers. I made a plugin, because walking witch useless and simply ignored or quickly killed by players. But having control of the witch, it can be put in the good place, where she is more dangerous.
Old 05-01-2010 , 04:38   Re: [L4D2] Witch Control
Reply With Quote #50

Quote:
I just done a small demo, it's not very clear but it should show you.
Now I see. Are there any errors in the logs?