Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Plugins can now use custom colors in chat messages in TF2

Post New Thread Reply   

1nsane
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-11-2012 , 08:46   Re: Plugins can now use custom colors in chat messages in TF2
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
...as servers are already abusing it .
I don't see how. We already had a number of colors available before. It could of been just as abused then as it is now.

Besides, they would not have added it if they thought abuse was possible.

The only way to abuse this that I see is if clients can use it on any server.
xomp
BANNED
Old 05-11-2012 , 10:07   Re: Plugins can now use custom colors in chat messages in TF2
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedM00N View Post
Because I'm sure, although it looks nice, no one wants to have their chat-box spammed with random colors for every line/word like i did here..(players would probably abuse it more than developers...)
And yes, players can use the colors too.
Man, I guess I just have a different definition of "abuse" than others. It feels like 'abuse' is one of those words that people throw around for anything much like calling someone a troll when they don't agree with your points or have the higher ground in an argument. Oh well. I'm all for this new text color, can't believe it took them this long to implement it.
Send a message via Skype™ to xomp
aRcTiC
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-11-2012 , 11:32   Re: Plugins can now use custom colors in chat messages in TF2
Reply With Quote #23

random colors per char is pretty though it'll be annoying to see it on a daily basis

Last edited by aRcTiC; 05-11-2012 at 11:37.
ReFlexPoison
☠☠☠
Old 05-11-2012 , 11:38   Re: Plugins can now use custom colors in chat messages in TF2
Reply With Quote #24

Abuse will only be defined by the players. If a server "abuses" the colors in chat and the players like the look of it, there is no abuse. Otherwise, if it looks terrible and players are complaining about it, yes it is abuse.

Simple enough if a sever abuses it, they will loose Players, simple as that.

It's the server's choice of how they use scripting language...

Just my opinion.
xomp
BANNED
Old 05-11-2012 , 12:53   Re: Plugins can now use custom colors in chat messages in TF2
Reply With Quote #25

I wonder if when I'm telling my kids "No" when they ask if we can stop @ McDonalds is considered child abuse? I mean, surely they don't like being told no.. right? right? I don't think abuse means what everyone thinks it means in regards to text color lol
Send a message via Skype™ to xomp
ReFlexPoison
☠☠☠
Old 05-11-2012 , 12:59   Re: Plugins can now use custom colors in chat messages in TF2
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by xomp View Post
I wonder if when I'm telling my kids "No" when they ask if we can stop @ McDonalds is considered child abuse? I mean, surely they don't like being told no.. right? right? I don't think abuse means what everyone thinks it means in regards to text color lol
which is why i was replying to why i don't think it is called abuse unless it has the certain circumstances.

and... i like your explanation, cause macdonalds is amazin
Dr. McKay
Sir Dr. SourceMod Plugin Approver Esq. Ltd. M.D. PhD
Old 05-11-2012 , 13:10   Re: Plugins can now use custom colors in chat messages in TF2
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedM00N View Post
Because I'm sure, although it looks nice, no one wants to have their chat-box spammed with random colors for every line/word like i did here..(players would probably abuse it more than developers...)
And yes, players can use the colors too.
Players can't use them. That was a plugin.
Old 05-11-2012 , 13:25   Re: Plugins can now use custom colors in chat messages in TF2
Reply With Quote #28

Looking for improved version of this plugin with new custom colors:

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=592536

Can any of you make few changes in original code?

European Team Fortress 2 Training Center

"We Are Hip-Hop"
KRS-One
ReFlexPoison
☠☠☠
Old 05-11-2012 , 13:28   Re: Plugins can now use custom colors in chat messages in TF2
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariano View Post
Looking for improved version of this plugin with new custom colors:

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=592536

Can any of you make few changes in original code?
It is a question several people including myself have raised. It wont come to be unless someone creates a newer version from scratch using the new color code and creating a ConVar to enable your own HEX Color Value.
RedM00N
Old 05-11-2012 , 13:29   Re: Plugins can now use custom colors in chat messages in TF2
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. McKay View Post
Players can't use them. That was a plugin.
Thought I put that in my first reply. Guess not.
Yes, it was this plugin that allows players to have green, olive etc. chat colors, which in turn allows the usage of Hex codes. You still have to manually type in the Hex code(along with a required hidden character) in the chat to get the color you want. So in a way, players can use them so long as the server has a color chat plugin running and the players can use the feature.

Last edited by RedM00N; 05-11-2012 at 13:32.