Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[EXTENSION] Socket (3.0.1)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
amperage
Old 01-01-2012 , 18:32   Re: [EXTENSION] Socket (3.0.1)
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by amperage View Post
I have tried to load Sockets into CS:S but it causes the server to crash unfortunately. Has anyone else had any luck at this?

Thanks
Ok I have found out my issue and resolved it. For others here is what I was doing:

I was originally doing this all at work where I'm on Ubuntu on my work computer and I guess FileZilla was not uploading the files correctly; IE:

ASCII vs BINARY

I also updated sourcemod to 1.4.1 as when uploading it before (and even Metamod when setting up a test server) it would crash and I'm sure it was this setting in FileZilla that was messing me up. Make sure your upload method via FTP is set to AUTO.

As for the rest I was receiving spam in my apache log stating the following:

Code:
fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource
Filename: Xmpphp/XMLStream.php 
Line Number: 403
This was because it was trying to have it connect to google-talk servers which apparently have a known bug with this plugin. Some people have fixed it by recoding some of XMPPHP's XMLStream and Roster.php files but no one left an actual "How to fix it" guide.

I configured it to use jabber.org's jabber servers via XMPPHP and it worked fine without any issues. I've even added a mail function to send emails to admins who wish to not get an extra IM client.

Let me know if I missed anything on fixing this or if you may need help.