0% 

[L4D2] Force L4D2 survivor arms, names, icons

Post New Thread Reply   

JustMadMan
Old 02-13-2024 , 05:31   Re: [L4D2] Force L4D2 survivor arms, names, icons
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowysn View Post

Makes clients think the gamemode is ShootZones (or Dash in Dark Carnival map 2, c2m2_fairgrounds as ShootZones is a valid mode for that map) for a few seconds.
This tricks game clients to use the L4D2 survivor arms and icons due to the mutation modes being invalid for all maps and falling back to survivor_set 2 on the client.

After a few seconds of delay it will set the client's mp_gamemode to the proper gamemode so the TAB menu will work properly, but this will mean players will get a few seconds of a broken TAB menu.
This should not mess with the server's mp_gamemode ConVar that all plugins/scripts rely on.

NOTE: Due to the nature of connecting clients, I can't guarantee that everyone will be able to get this fix. It is possible someone with a very slow computer or network may fail.

Original idea and version is from magicboyman2021.
I did not directly steal his code, but I somehow came to a similar functionality for my version.

-= ConVars =-
sm_forcel4d2_viewmdl_forceset2 1 - min:0/max:1
(REQUIRES LEFT 4 DHOOKS)
Forces survivor set to 2.
Disables itself if l4d_info_editor.smx OR forceset.smx plugins are loaded.

Saved to L4D2_arms.cfg in left4dead2/cfg/sourcemod/

-= For Local Server hosters =-
This plugin does not work on the server hoster, but will work on anyone else who joins the server.
Try combining this with the Mission Info Editor plugin and set the l4d_info_editor_mission.cfg file to use survivor_set 2 on all maps.
Mission Info Editor has the inverse effect by itself - you as the hoster will get the proper arms, names, and icons, but everyone else won't.
I would like to ask a question. If I install this plugin, will the L4D2 Survivor hands be adjusted when L4D1 maps have L4D1 Survivor hands, thereby leaving the L4D1 Survivor hands?
Shadowysn
Old 02-14-2024 , 00:41   Re: [L4D2] Force L4D2 survivor arms, names, icons
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMadMan View Post
I would like to ask a question. If I install this plugin, will the L4D2 Survivor hands be adjusted when L4D1 maps have L4D1 Survivor hands, thereby leaving the L4D1 Survivor hands?
The plugin forces L4D2 survivor hands on all maps regardless of survivor set.
This plugin is intended for if you want both survivor sets to be used in the same map by enforcing survivor_set 2 on all maps in the server.

Steam profile, where I game, obviously.
Youtube channel, where I do Stick Death Maze animations and some other stuff.
no plugin requests, sorry

My Plugins:
-search list-
Modified Plugins:
1 | 2 | 3 | 4