Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[L4D2] Add Player Country to Name (Connections messages and admin indication)

Post New Thread Reply   

n3wton
Old 04-05-2010 , 12:48   Re: [L4D2] Add Player Country to Name (Connections messages and admin indication)
Reply With Quote #11

Oh bugger lol
erm... hmmm... Thats never happened before I've tested on two web servers and one local server and had no errors... I can't even see why that would happen.
I'll have a test ASAP and try have it fixed by tomorrow. as for the before and after cvar I'll look into after the bug fix. sorry about this

Two questions though
1 - what game are you using?
2 - what sourcemod version are you using?

so I can rule out where the problems might lie

Just retested on my server, with 4 players, 2 admins and 2 non admins, all works fine except one bug but thats to do with !pactlist (it showed all players in yellow even non admins)

[IMG]http://img641.**************/img641/1209/pactnewscores.png[/IMG]

EDIT:
Ok fixed the bug with !pactlist (i'd used clientid of the person calling the command raher than the clientid of the relevant client)

Also just tidied the code up a lil to see if there was any obvious mistakes, still not seen any

anyone else having problems with this plugin?

also have you made sure you delelted the old "PlayerAddCountryTag.cfg" from the "cfg/sourcemod" folder and allowed the plugin to make a new one?
You need to do this as I added 2 new Cvars in the version.

Ill upload my new code when I've tripled checked it for errors ect...

Yours
N3wton

Last edited by n3wton; 04-05-2010 at 13:46.
marvel
BANNED
Old 04-06-2010 , 05:21   Re: [L4D2] Add Player Country to Name (Connections messages and admin indication)
Reply With Quote #12

Yes, this was the first time I was using this plugin, so there was no cfg yet (it was auto generated).

I'm using the latest sourcemod dev 1.4 so that might be the problem.
n3wton
Old 04-06-2010 , 14:05   Re: [L4D2] Add Player Country to Name (Connections messages and admin indication)
Reply With Quote #13

Right, Ill download the sourcemod 1.4 tonight or tomorrow and test it to see what happens

I'll get back to you ASAP...

Would love to know if anyone else gets any problems...

EDIT:

Just downloaded the latest sourcemod dev 1.4.0 and it brakes, so theres the problem
Why theres a problem I have no idea so I will have to look into it

"Watch This Space" XD

Yours
N3wton

Last edited by n3wton; 04-06-2010 at 14:13.
basktfbb
Old 04-07-2010 , 22:45   Re: [L4D2] Add Player Country to Name (Connections messages and admin indication)
Reply With Quote #14

man, nice plugin
but I want something different following this code
I translated the messages for my language (Portuguese)

I want is showing the message conect
example: basktfbb from France has joined.
and the cvar sm_pactlist sight kept working.

I want to remove the part that changes nicks

"I tried to change everything that I want and worked perfect
but the names had been changed to "unnamed"

Please help me, pass me a plugin that does not change the nicknames

I found a bug
If someone with big nick joins the server. The nickname is deformed

Example: "Og.4Fun * Massachusett's" changed to [FR]
sometimes to: "Og.4Fun[FR]"

Last edited by basktfbb; 04-08-2010 at 02:34.
n3wton
Old 04-08-2010 , 17:44   Re: [L4D2] Add Player Country to Name (Connections messages and admin indication)
Reply With Quote #15

@marvel
New version in first post, (version 2.0.0) Should now work with sourcemod 1.4 (well it works fine for me on 1.4 and 1.3.2 )

@basktfbb
Added more CVars for customising how the players names look ect... so if you didnt want the location tag adding to the players name simply edit the relveant cvar to say "{NAME}"

Everyone else, as I say version 2.0.0 is out and it has bug fixes and improvements all round

Yours
N3wton
leonil7
BANNED
Old 04-09-2010 , 20:10   Re: [L4D2] Add Player Country to Name (Connections messages and admin indication)
Reply With Quote #16

thanks man, good stuff! ur the best
Send a message via ICQ to leonil7 Send a message via AIM to leonil7 Send a message via Yahoo to leonil7 Send a message via Skype™ to leonil7
n3wton
Old 04-10-2010 , 15:55   Re: [L4D2] Add Player Country to Name (Connections messages and admin indication)
Reply With Quote #17

Cheers
Glad you like it, any more bugs just give us a shout all

Just updated the first post to list all of the current CVars in the plugin...

The next thing I want to add is to get the players city from the IP address, this can be done via geoip-city which has been played about with on this forum before, but it was read straight from a text file which meant it could take up to 5 seconds (per client) to calculate the city, where as I am going to try and put all the data into a sqlite database which would mean quick and easy access

Hopefully

Yours
N3wton
wutsup
Old 04-12-2010 , 09:35   Re: [L4D2] Add Player Country to Name (Connections messages and admin indication)
Reply With Quote #18

Two problems:
1. When I was playing with my friends, I noticed that the end of our names is [--]. And I don't see the flag.
2. When I typed !pactlist, It said [VMC]=L4D2|=JamWitch from Microsoft.
Note: This is a Philippines server.

Last edited by wutsup; 04-12-2010 at 09:37.
n3wton
Old 04-12-2010 , 10:01   Re: [L4D2] Add Player Country to Name (Connections messages and admin indication)
Reply With Quote #19

Is it a local server? [--] and Microsoft means the players location is unknown (note: I put microsoft as a joke for a friend and forgot to change it back to "UnKnown Location" )
The Only time I get this is when I use a Local Server because then the IP's are different and thus GeoIP can't find your location.
n3wton
Old 04-12-2010 , 18:56   Re: [L4D2] Add Player Country to Name (Connections messages and admin indication)
Reply With Quote #20

Ok, almost got cities built in

Its still in a beta stage and therefore I want be releasing the code yet. But here's an early screenshot of it in action...

[IMG]http://img340.**************/img340/9276/citys.png[/IMG]

as you can see, it says "Somewhere" for one of the locations, this is because there is a bug inwhich it can't calculate the locationid because sourcemods "integer" is represnted as 32bit signed value, and some ip addresses need to be stored in something larger.

hopefully Ill find a work around...

yours
N3wton