Plugin Category:
Server Management
Plugin Game:
Any
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Forces players to download all download-table files before entering game
    Old 05-19-2019 , 07:11   [ANY] D-Force (Download Enforcer) | Updated 2019/05/24
    Reply With Quote #1

[ D-Force (Download Enforcer) ]
    Version: 2.0.0

Description:

This plugin checks for cl_downloadfilter | sv_allowupload | cl_allowdownload cvars when a player connects & if the value wasn't equal to what you allowed, forces the player to change the value and reconnect.

(Using WARN, KICK or NOT ALLOWED TO JOIN TEAM methods)

Required:

SourceMod 1.7.0 or Higher

ConVars:

dforce_cl_downloadfilter "all,nosounds" - "Value(s) that the player is allowed to set for cl_downloadfilter ('all' or 'mapsonly' or 'nosounds' or 'none) - Separate with comma for multiple allowed values"

dforce_cl_allowdownload "1" - "Value(s) that the player is allowed to set for cl_allowdownload (0 or 1) - Separate with comma for multiple allowed values"

dforce_sv_allowupload "1" - "Value(s) that the player is allowed to set for sv_allowupload (0 or 1) - Separate with comma for multiple allowed values"

dforce_punish_mode "1" - "| 1 = Kick on connect | 2 = Send message every X seconds, Kick after Y minutes | 3 = Not allowed to join a team"

dforce_punish_interval "5.0" - "(Works only if dforce_punish_mode = 2) - Interval between messages in seconds"

dforce_punish_kickafter "120.0" - "(Works only if dforce_punish_mode = 2) - The time in seconds to kick the player with wrong cvar value"

dforce_immune_admins "1" - "Enable/Disable admin immunity for forcing downloads"

dforce_kick_failed "0" - "Enable/Disable kicking the player if convar query failed"

1. Note: This is the first release, The plugin is tested before but it may have some bugs. If you found one please post it here with logs information.

2. Note: The cfg file will be created in cfg/sourcemod folder named D-Force.cfg so you can set your own settings there.

Change Log:

1.0.0 - Initial release

2.0.0 - Rebuilt & changed the plugin behavior to legal form
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (D-Force.sp - 734 views - 11.9 KB)

Last edited by WatchDogs; 05-24-2019 at 15:36. Reason: Updated
    backwards
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 05-19-2019 , 09:39   Re: [ANY] Download Enforcer
    Reply With Quote #2

Doesn't work in CSS for me, running windows server with latest update. It just gives a message to the client saying the link was blocked because it must start with "https://" or "about:blank". Even after changing to a fake https:// link the command is never executed when pressing ok.
    SourceMod Developer
    Old 05-20-2019 , 08:33   Re: [ANY] Download Enforcer
    Reply With Quote #3

This is slowhacking and not permitted here, and as 1337norway says, has been patched in most games for almost a decade.
    Old 05-21-2019 , 15:33   Re: [ANY] Download Enforcer
    Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
    Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
    This is slowhacking and not permitted here, and as 1337norway says, has been patched in most games for almost a decade.
    Yeah you are right I didn't know that sorry. So can I change the plugin behavior to kick clients with a warning to set the value themselves ?
    Old 05-21-2019 , 16:24   Re: [ANY] Download Enforcer
    Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
    Originally Posted by WatchDogs View Post
    Yeah you are right I didn't know that sorry. So can I change the plugin behavior to kick clients with a warning to set the value themselves ?
    As long as nothing is actually "maliciously forced" with, but simply "requested", I'm all right with it.

There are a few other plugins to my knowledge, that is either limiting people to "stay" on the spectator team and/or kicking them, if the relevant setting isn't equal to the requested / wanted value, and such things would for example be fine in my opinion, as they require the player to manually perform the change of settings.

However, forcing (slowhacking) things onto users, isn't.

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
    For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
    WatchDogs
    Old 05-24-2019 , 14:02   Re: [ANY] D-Force (Download Enforcer) | Updated 2019/05/24
    Reply With Quote #6

Thanks for information I didn't know valve rules well.

Updated, New version (2.0.0) works with just checking and warning the client method. Please check the source and approve it.

Best Regards
    Old 05-24-2019 , 14:24   Re: [ANY] D-Force (Download Enforcer) | Updated 2019/05/24
    Reply With Quote #7

Thanks for updating it - please attach the .sp file directly rather than the zip, the forum will take care of compiling it and the config file will be generated automatically.
    Old 05-24-2019 , 15:39   Re: [ANY] D-Force (Download Enforcer) | Updated 2019/05/24
    Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
    Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
    Thanks for updating it - please attach the .sp file directly rather than the zip, the forum will take care of compiling it and the config file will be generated automatically.
    YW. OK, Thanks for help. I just did it for the convenience of the users. Now the source file is attached.