Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] Be with Robots 2 v1.3

Post New Thread Reply   

Michalplyoutube
Veteran Member
Old 07-04-2015 , 06:24   Re: [TF2] Be with Robots 2 v1.0 NEW UPDATE!
Reply With Quote #351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potato Uno View Post
If you distribute any plugin to anyone you MUST distribute the source with it. There are no exceptions to this rule, and you broke it twice on your steam group with smx-only mediafire links. Beta or non-beta, broken or functional, if you give an smx the sp must go with it.

The SM devs become extremely pissed over violations of this rule. Putting the legal issues aside, it also seems like you are trying to hide something with only the binary releases. If you are too lazy to upload a zip and want just to release one file quickly, release the sp only and let server owners compile it. If they don't know how, they can learn how (it's good to know this anyway).

I personally don't really trust smx released by anyone except plugins under "approved plugins" and compile the source myself to get the smx.
SM isn't good enough for writing malware duh

I haven't seen malware smx's ever

Why would somone do it

This rule with sourcecode only applies to forums as xXDeathreusXx said

Last edited by Michalplyoutube; 07-04-2015 at 06:24.
Benoist3012
Veteran Member
Old 07-04-2015 , 06:38   Re: [TF2] Be with Robots 2 v1.0 NEW UPDATE!
Reply With Quote #352

Quote:
If you distribute any plugin to anyone you MUST distribute the source with it. There are no exceptions to this rule, and you broke it twice on your steam group with smx-only mediafire links. Beta or non-beta, broken or functional, if you give an smx the sp must go with it.

The SM devs become extremely pissed over violations of this rule. Putting the legal issues aside, it also seems like you are trying to hide something with only the binary releases. If you are too lazy to upload a zip and want just to release one file quickly, release the sp only and let server owners compile it. If they don't know how, they can learn how (it's good to know this anyway).

I personally don't really trust smx released by anyone except plugins under "approved plugins" and compile the source myself to get the smx.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoist3012 View Post
Quote:
The source for this plugin is in a pretty big mess right now and some code clean up might be warranted (not to mention Michal and Benoist broke the SM GPL license by releasing only the smx in the past couple of updates). Regardless if Michal wants it or not, it's easy to do it, but I don't currently have the time right now.
We haven't break the SM GPL license the smx release was on the offcial group called dev version, and in each of my dev zip contain the smx and .sp, Thanks to look correctly next time.(Don't try to redownload the zip agin Steam now remove every mediafire link, and I replaced the last .zip by dev pack for someone
I say again the smx is only on the GROUP, so we can do that we don't break any rules, anyone is free to download it.
Of course the source is added on alliedmodders because it's need on this forum like said before.
Old 07-20-2015 , 01:11   Re: [TF2] Be with Robots 2 v1.0 NEW UPDATE!
Reply With Quote #353

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...90&postcount=2
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...1&postcount=10
https://forums.alliedmods.net/misc.php?do=showrules

Quote:
Violation of AlliedModders project's licenses will result in a ban, even if not on AlliedModders.
I quote the GPLv3 and quote the devs: You MUST make sure the source is distributed with any plugin release, REGARDLESS of location. Anyway, since I'm right and you all are wrong on what is "breaking the rules" and what isn't, I'm not going to drag this subject any further. Just release the source for every plugin before one of the dev storms in here, sees you people breaking the GPL and locks this thread permanently, thereby killing most of this project. This stupid discussion ends here. If you think I'm still wrong or want to still argue about it, I ask that you take your questions/arguments to asherkin or psychonic who will happily explain to you what the SM license is. (I already got murdered by asherkin once by accidentally violating the GPL, but I didn't fight back against him regarding it.)

@Benoist: One of your mediafire links that linked to a plain smx on this very thread got deleted by asherkin with the reason "no source code".

On topic: Regarding the extension thing for custom robots, it seems like using an sqlite database that pre-compiles a pop file and writes a table per robot (or maybe 9 tables with a bunch of columns) is the most optimized way to add your own robots to the plugin, since keyvalues are stupid slow. However, the thing that would compile the pop file would require a lexer and a token parser, and that's not a trivial thing to write.

There are supposedly VDF parsers out there (one can also use bottiger's TF2 IDB script that reads items_game.txt to read pop files) to combat that issue, but as this article says, jumping around keyvalue files isn't optimized. Plus SQL is done off-thread anyway which is a bonus.

One could do a parse of pop files on server startup, put it in a database, and then while the game is running with people in it, the plugin would pull the custom robot templates from the database. That might be an interesting idea. I was just recently toying around with the upgrades system and sqlite databases for a custom upgrades station, and using a database with BWR sounds like a good idea. I doubt Michal will pull it off (probably in fear of ThisLD getting mad of duplicating their plugin), so I'll see if I can do anything about it when (and if) time permits. The idea is out there if anyone wants to take a whack at it.

Last edited by Potato Uno; 07-20-2015 at 01:19. Reason: Less crap
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 07-20-2015 , 01:18   Re: [TF2] Be with Robots 2 v1.0 NEW UPDATE!
Reply With Quote #354

The Sourcemod development team have the ability to add plugins to a blacklist, which will prevent them from loading on pretty much all Sourcemod installations. (The blacklist is automatically updated to the latest version every time a server with Sourcemod starts.) They have used this several times in the past, and have done so to plugins which were released without an accompanying source.

As Potato made excellently clear: if you are providing the SMX, you must also provide the SP, even if it's not on this website. To withhold the source is a violation of the license that you agreed to when you used Alliedmodders coding software (the compiler, the includes, etc.) If you are providing a link to the smx on your group page, you must also provide a link to the sp on that same group page. By refusing to do so, you risk having your plugin blocked from loading on any server.

xXDeathreusXx, Michalplyoutube, you are both DEAD WRONG.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...90&postcount=2
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...1&postcount=10

Last edited by ddhoward; 07-20-2015 at 01:29.
Benoist3012
Veteran Member
Old 07-20-2015 , 05:51   Re: [TF2] Be with Robots 2 v1.0 NEW UPDATE!
Reply With Quote #355

Quote:
@Benoist: One of your mediafire links that linked to a plain smx on this very thread got deleted by asherkin with the reason "no source code".
Ah really, on the forum? Then sorry, I didn't paid attention to. In every of my zip I added the source probably I forgot this day.

Last edited by Benoist3012; 07-20-2015 at 05:57.
Michalplyoutube
Veteran Member
Old 07-20-2015 , 09:19   Re: [TF2] Be with Robots 2 v1.0 NEW UPDATE!
Reply With Quote #356

Ok then sorry I didn't remember that

Last edited by Michalplyoutube; 07-20-2015 at 09:22.
Benoist3012
Veteran Member
Old 07-29-2015 , 04:53   Re: [TF2] Be with Robots 2 v1.0 NEW UPDATE!
Reply With Quote #357

Message to pepoles who don't see the deploy animation most of time.

-You see other player do the deploy anim? But when it's you in your own screen you see nothing?
Then try those comands in your console:

PHP Code:
cl_updaterate 67
cl_cmdrate 101
cl_interp 0.019 
cl_interp_ratio 2 
I was in same problem that you and after typed those comands the deploy anim was fixed for me!

Try and tell me if it work for you too!
Don't forget to add those command in your tf2 configs file else you will need to do it again and again!

Edit: after many test it seem it's only those command cl_interp 0.019
cl_interp_ratio 2 for make deploy anim work but everytime join a server/change maps they are reseted so you will need to go in spec and type it again

Last edited by Benoist3012; 07-29-2015 at 05:26.
xXDeathreusXx
Veteran Member
Old 07-29-2015 , 13:30   Re: [TF2] Be with Robots 2 v1.0 NEW UPDATE!
Reply With Quote #358

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoist3012 View Post
Message to pepoles who don't see the deploy animation most of time.

-You see other player do the deploy anim? But when it's you in your own screen you see nothing?
Then try those comands in your console:

PHP Code:
cl_updaterate 67
cl_cmdrate 101
cl_interp 0.019 
cl_interp_ratio 2 
I was in same problem that you and after typed those comands the deploy anim was fixed for me!

Try and tell me if it work for you too!
Don't forget to add those command in your tf2 configs file else you will need to do it again and again!

Edit: after many test it seem it's only those command cl_interp 0.019
cl_interp_ratio 2 for make deploy anim work but everytime join a server/change maps they are reseted so you will need to go in spec and type it again
This is not a good idea unless you know what your doing

This will change many things about your player such as the time it takes for a projectile to actually fire when you click, and how fast hitscan weapons react to you

I'm a smartass by nature, get used to it
Benoist3012
Veteran Member
Old 07-31-2015 , 04:17   Re: [TF2] Be with Robots 2 v1.0 NEW UPDATE!
Reply With Quote #359

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXDeathreusXx View Post
This is not a good idea unless you know what your doing

This will change many things about your player such as the time it takes for a projectile to actually fire when you click, and how fast hitscan weapons react to you
I know but actually this make the deploy animation work. After many test cl_cmdrate 101 isn't need.
but cl_updaterate, cl_interp and cl_interpratio are need, it's true it's not very cool to use that. But you will not longer need this, the next bwr2 update have deploy animation prop, the only problem for now is glow the props in blue, it's almost done only a little bug.

I would like to bring this code on MvT but it's impossible, I need to attach werables of player on.

Last edited by Benoist3012; 07-31-2015 at 04:18.
Old 07-31-2015 , 16:25   Re: [TF2] Be with Robots 2 v1.0 NEW UPDATE!
Reply With Quote #360

Am I the only one who's getting constant crashes?