3% 

[TF2] Autorespawn for Admins

Post New Thread Reply   

Chefe
Old 05-31-2012 , 10:42   Re: [TF2] Autorespawn for Admins
Reply With Quote #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by xomp View Post
We use the default respawn time on our servers, will this allow folks to respawn quicker depending on the flag? And more importantly, does this mess with how the respawn timer is announced to the server browser (will it knock you off Quick Play).

EDIT: Just tried it with sm_instant_flag "o" and it's not working for folks with the "o" flag but works fine with my "z" flag.
Yes, this __should__ work with flags. For me its works fine..... And it dont add any flags to the server, so quickplay dont get removed.

Pls first be sure that the cvar you changed is really active on your server, not only in your config file. Did you write this into server console (if available) or into config file (and have you restarted then?)?

OpenFastDL: openfastdl.net
Open public shared moderated FastDL for free use
xomp
BANNED
Old 05-31-2012 , 13:01   Re: [TF2] Autorespawn for Admins
Reply With Quote #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefe View Post
Yes, this __should__ work with flags. For me its works fine..... And it dont add any flags to the server, so quickplay dont get removed.

Pls first be sure that the cvar you changed is really active on your server, not only in your config file. Did you write this into server console (if available) or into config file (and have you restarted then?)?
Yes, I'm sure the right flag is set (it's saved in the config and I changed the default "t" flag to "o" via sm_cvar). The only thing I've not done has been restart the server which I'm reluctant to do since it's pretty much full all the damn time #firstworldproblems. I'll try and restart it later tonight to see if things resolve with the flags the next morning and let you know for sure.
Send a message via Skype™ to xomp
Chefe
Old 05-31-2012 , 13:19   Re: [TF2] Autorespawn for Admins
Reply With Quote #43

Quote:
Yes, I'm sure the right flag is set (it's saved in the config and I changed the default "t" flag to "o" via sm_cvar). The only thing I've not done has been restart the server which I'm reluctant to do since it's pretty much full all the damn time #firstworldproblems. I'll try and restart it later tonight to see if things resolve with the flags the next morning and let you know for sure.
Good, but if you set it in-game, it should work then ..... will look through it

xomp
BANNED
Old 06-01-2012 , 15:24   Re: [TF2] Autorespawn for Admins
Reply With Quote #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefe View Post
Good, but if you set it in-game, it should work then ..... will look through it
Welp, just finished testing after restarting my server and only admins are able to respawn instantly. So I figured there was some flag that could get this working for custom groups and I've found that giving my players that have the "o" flag an "a" flag to go along with it made everything work.

I'm not entirely sure this is expected behavior but thought I'd bring it to your attention if it needs fixing.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-01-2012 , 15:57   Re: [TF2] Autorespawn for Admins
Reply With Quote #45

Quote:
We use the default respawn time on our servers, will this allow folks to respawn quicker depending on the flag? And more importantly, does this mess with how the respawn timer is announced to the server browser (will it knock you off Quick Play).

EDIT: Just tried it with sm_instant_flag "o" and it's not working for folks with the "o" flag but works fine with my "z" flag.
As always, messing with respawn times without the proper server tags carries a risk of not only being delisted by Quick Play, but also of being delisted from the Master Server List, as noted in Valve's Policy of Truth.
BANNED
Old 06-02-2012 , 08:09   Re: [TF2] Autorespawn for Admins
Reply With Quote #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
As always, messing with respawn times without the proper server tags carries a risk of not only being delisted by Quick Play, but also of being delisted from the Master Server List, as noted in Valve's Policy of Truth.
Yep, that's exactly why I asked. I can't afford to go without Quick Play since it is the major driving force of my traffic.
Jitesh
Old 11-11-2012 , 10:13   Re: [TF2] Autorespawn for Admins
Reply With Quote #47

Does this add the correct sv_tag? I want to add this to my cp_orange_x3 server 24/7 map, and because it's not a stock map I don't mind it not getting traffic.
But I want it to be on the steam browser.
Chefe
Old 11-11-2012 , 12:42   Re: [TF2] Autorespawn for Admins
Reply With Quote #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jitesh View Post
Does this add the correct sv_tag? I want to add this to my cp_orange_x3 server 24/7 map, and because it's not a stock map I don't mind it not getting traffic.
But I want it to be on the steam browser.
No, it doesnt.

Pirate Jesus
Old 01-21-2013 , 15:36   Re: [TF2] Autorespawn for Admins
Reply With Quote #49

So. I'm running the plugin on my server. All is great, plugin works excellently. I like to turn on instant respawn / teleport for everyone when the server is getting silly..

BUT! Whenever the rounds enter sudden death... People still respawn even though i have it set not to.

Any help on this?
Chefe
Old 01-21-2013 , 15:44   Re: [TF2] Autorespawn for Admins
Reply With Quote #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Jesus View Post
So. I'm running the plugin on my server. All is great, plugin works excellently. I like to turn on instant respawn / teleport for everyone when the server is getting silly..

BUT! Whenever the rounds enter sudden death... People still respawn even though i have it set not to.

Any help on this?
Any output in the logs? Version of the plugin you use?