Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (4.0.8)

Post New Thread Reply   

Snack Patrol
Old 06-06-2012 , 10:59   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (4.0.5)
Reply With Quote #771

Read my next post a few posts down. I originally said plugin didn't work but found out why.

Last edited by Snack Patrol; 06-07-2012 at 21:45. Reason: Figured it out
AeroAcrobat
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-06-2012 , 13:36   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (4.0.5)
Reply With Quote #772

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snack Patrol View Post
Hey guys, I am encountering the same exact error as this gentleman I'm quoting. I am currently running SM 1.4.2 however but it's the same problem, SaySounds doesn't appear in the plugins list at all aka doesn't work at all anymore apparently. Can we please get a fix/update for this? Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am currently launching a server this Friday and Round End sounds I've created took a lot of time, like hours upon hours for almost a week to perfect and I will be sad if I cannot implement this I tried using game_sounds.txt btw, all the other game_sounds_player.txt and game_sounds_weapons.txt worked server-side but I think I figured out that game_sounds.txt is client-side. I quadruple checked my syntax pretty much so I do believe my finding is correct.

Anyway, just to re-iterate, it looks like this plug-in is currently not working or being recognized by SourceMod so please help us fix this if it's not too much trouble, thanks again.

Also, I tried the older version included with the original post but I'm afraid I couldn't get it to recognize round end sounds, maybe that wasn't implemented in that version? If there's a previous release that would work I would greatly appreciate if someone could direct me to a link, couldn't seem to find any besides the current + the 3.2.6 or whatever mentioned in original post on any sites via Google.
running also SM 1.4.2.
This Plugins is working great.
Old 06-07-2012 , 19:55   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (4.0.5)
Reply With Quote #773

I'm running SM 1.5.3550 and don't have a problem. Plugin works flawlessly. Also, the console command is not sm plugins, it is sm plugins list. Check your sourcemod error logs to see why it may not be loading.
Snack Patrol
Old 06-07-2012 , 21:44   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (4.0.5)
Reply With Quote #774

Hey, I'm sorry I meant to provide an update. I found out the problem through looking through some old posts in this thread. It's the Sound Lib extension when its used on Windows servers. Here's a link gH0sTy posted with an older version of the Sound Library extension that fixes everything.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/attach...2&d=1333379451
daveyboye
Old 06-07-2012 , 22:42   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (4.0.5)
Reply With Quote #775

Quote:
Hey, I'm sorry I meant to provide an update. I found out the problem through looking through some old posts in this thread. It's the Sound Lib extension when its used on Windows servers. Here's a link gH0sTy posted with an older version of the Sound Library extension that fixes everything.

Weird, I run the latest sound lib extension and don't have a problem. What sort of Windows server do you have?
C0nw0nk
Old 06-08-2012 , 02:48   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (4.0.5)
Reply With Quote #776

Quote:

Thank's for informing us although am slightly confussed with this because now instead of the plugin not loading it now says

unknown command "sm_saysoundhe_track_disconnect"

aswell as none of the sounds in my sounds folder get downloaded when you connect to the server how do you solve this ?
The only method i can think of is forcing downloads http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=602270

But i thought this plugin would of forced the download of custom sound files automaticly ?

EDIT : (Had a blonde moment lol "cl_downloadfilter nosounds")

Last edited by C0nw0nk; 06-08-2012 at 18:06.
Send a message via MSN to C0nw0nk
Roundcat
Old 06-09-2012 , 09:03   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (4.0.5)
Reply With Quote #777

Hi - thansk for this plugin - its really popular. I have a few questions though...

1) is there a log somewhere of who has played a sound and which sound it was? I have enabled it to do so in the options but cant find a log.

2) can I make it that only players with admin or donators flags (o) can play sounds do I set: sm_saysoundhe_sound_limit "-1" for example?

Thanks for you help!
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-10-2012 , 01:00   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (4.0.5)
Reply With Quote #778

Quote:

The latest windows version of the Sound Library extension requires the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) to be installed on the server.
So if the extension won't load either install the Visual C++ Redistributable Package or use the previous version of the extension which doesn't have that dependency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roundcat View Post
Hi - thansk for this plugin - its really popular. I have a few questions though...

1) is there a log somewhere of who has played a sound and which sound it was? I have enabled it to do so in the options but cant find a log.

2) can I make it that only players with admin or donators flags (o) can play sounds do I set: sm_saysoundhe_sound_limit "-1" for example?

Thanks for you help!
1) It should be logged to the server logs
2) Not yet

Last edited by gH0sTy; 06-10-2012 at 01:04.
Roundcat
Old 06-10-2012 , 08:28   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (4.0.5)
Reply With Quote #779

I'm not seeing a log of music clips that have been played being recorded to the server logs in the sourcemod folder. It would be great to know where the logs are or what I need to do to enable them.

Anyone else having probs with this?
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-13-2012 , 10:02   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (4.0.5)
Reply With Quote #780

Code:
Unknown command "sm_saysoundhe_track_disconnect"
<- linux
guess its from this plugin ?
please correct me if I'm wrong. thx
edit: using "Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition)" (4.0.5)
edit2:
cfg:
Code:
// If set, stores sound counts when clients leave and loads them when they join.
// -
// Default: "1"
sm_saysoundhe_track_disconnect "1"
maybe "s" at the end is missing in sm_saysoundhe_track_disconnect ?

On the first page its written like this:
  • sm_saysoundhe_track_disconnects(1) If set, stores sound counts when clients leave and loads them when they join. NEW since 4.0.4

Last edited by AeroAcrobat; 06-13-2012 at 10:10.