Crashed Map Recovery v1.5

Post New Thread Reply   

crazydog
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-05-2009 , 06:53   Re: Crashed Map Recovery
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NcB_Sav View Post
How ever server doc has an option when server crashes to go back the map it was on right or does it go back just to a certain map?
I'm aware of ServerDoc's feature. I never got it to work in the past.

This would override ServerDoc's feature, as the map is changed after the startup map is loaded, while ServerDoc changes the command line.

@Timiditas, I was aware of that, but I thought server admins would be able to catch it. I'll throw it in anyway.
Doc-Holiday
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-05-2009 , 20:57   Re: Crashed Map Recovery
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydog View Post
I'm aware of ServerDoc's feature. I never got it to work in the past.

This would override ServerDoc's feature, as the map is changed after the startup map is loaded, while ServerDoc changes the command line.

@Timiditas, I was aware of that, but I thought server admins would be able to catch it. I'll throw it in anyway.

Ahh then good idea i hate when servers crash and go back to dust 2
ShambleS
Old 08-06-2009 , 11:51   Re: Crashed Map Recovery
Reply With Quote #13

ok this has 1 SERIOUS problem...

in co op game.. when 1 map ends it gets to the showing results shows 1 of the result windows. then the result wiondow dissapears and every 1 is stuck in spectate mode watching the bots who are wating for people to come out of spectate..

And thats it. they are stuck and never get to play the second map.

I had to dissable the plugin for now..

Nice idea though, shame that it cannot be used at the moment.
Atleast not with my plugin configuration.

It may be conflicting with the plugin that keeps the spawn door locked at the start and makes people wait for all players to join before game starts..

(i forget what its called. l4d loading i thing)
ulx
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-06-2009 , 12:08   Re: Crashed Map Recovery
Reply With Quote #14

at least for CS:S it works excellent - thanks for that!
Old 08-06-2009 , 13:30   Re: Crashed Map Recovery
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShambleS View Post
ok this has 1 SERIOUS problem...

in co op game.. when 1 map ends it gets to the showing results shows 1 of the result windows. then the result wiondow dissapears and every 1 is stuck in spectate mode watching the bots who are wating for people to come out of spectate..

And thats it. they are stuck and never get to play the second map.

I had to dissable the plugin for now..

Nice idea though, shame that it cannot be used at the moment.
Atleast not with my plugin configuration.

It may be conflicting with the plugin that keeps the spawn door locked at the start and makes people wait for all players to join before game starts..

(i forget what its called. l4d loading i thing)
I have to say that I wouldn't recommend using this with Left4Dead. If you are just running a regular left4dead server, there's no point for using this plugin. You can change the map yourself, it's not like css or tf2 or dods where the maps are played individually, and most likely people will reconnect to the server from a lobby, thereby cancelling out any action this plugin would take.

Also: Has this issue happened more than once? Did it occur right after you put the plugin on the server? Did you restart the server after putting the plugin on?
ShambleS
Old 08-06-2009 , 15:35   Re: Crashed Map Recovery
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
I have to say that I wouldn't recommend using this with Left4Dead. If you are just running a regular left4dead server, there's no point for using this plugin. You can change the map yourself, it's not like css or tf2 or dods where the maps are played individually, and most likely people will reconnect to the server from a lobby, thereby cancelling out any action this plugin would take.

Also: Has this issue happened more than once? Did it occur right after you put the plugin on the server? Did you restart the server after putting the plugin on?

yes i restarted..
then i restared again after it happend the 1st time.
Then it happend agin.
And then i restarted. and it happend again.

then i went on to my ftp removed this plugin.
and restared again.
and it was fine..

i dont allow users to change the map. i or 1 of the admins haft to do it.
so if it crashes on map 4/5 of blood harvest whilst im in bed. the server starts back 1/5 no mercy. (it will auto restart)
and some people had been in the server 5-6 hours to get to 4/5 blood harvest.

then they cant vote or change map.. (i dont allow restart camapign, or change map votes. some people love to join when finalay is almost done and then vot a map change or restart campaign)

this plugin could have been just what i needed, but it dosent seem to work for left for dead, or atleast it dosent work wiith some of the plugins i have installed. like i said it may be conflicting with the loading plugin that keeps the doors locked untill all players are in game i dont really know.

Last edited by ShambleS; 08-06-2009 at 15:38.
crazydog
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-06-2009 , 16:00   Re: Crashed Map Recovery
Reply With Quote #17

Well, if your l4d server is crashing so much that you'd need a plugin like this, I'd say you're doing something wrong. The only time my servers crash is when one of my sourcemod plugins has an issue, which is once a month or less.

If they have your search key, they can make a lobby and start from any map they want (you're saying they were playing blood harvest for 6 hours, so I'd have to assume it's campaign). If you have people connecting via IP, then I can't help you.

The only think that I can think that is happening, is that something is unloading + reloading all the plugins on the mapchange, since my plugin will NOT try to change the map unless it is reloaded.
ShambleS
Old 08-06-2009 , 16:56   Re: Crashed Map Recovery
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Well, if your l4d server is crashing so much that you'd need a plugin like this, I'd say you're doing something wrong. The only time my servers crash is when one of my sourcemod plugins has an issue, which is once a month or less.

If they have your search key, they can make a lobby and start from any map they want (you're saying they were playing blood harvest for 6 hours, so I'd have to assume it's campaign). If you have people connecting via IP, then I can't help you.

The only think that I can think that is happening, is that something is unloading + reloading all the plugins on the mapchange, since my plugin will NOT try to change the map unless it is reloaded.

the Ocasional crash is probably something to do with 450 zombies, 2 hunters, 2 boomers 2 smokers and 8 human players shooting like mad and throwing molotovs and pipe bombs every wher all at same time, folowed by 45 seconds of frantic humans then a tank. then the same as above.

thats the finaleys , in recular maps mega mbs spawn every 2 mins and they are set at 90 zombies. Still 2 boomers which bring forth mobs of 60-75 zombies

But id say it does well to stay up under 100% load for as much as it does, and no i would not say it crashes often.
having said that I am working on lowering the zombies and having less special infecteds at the same time. Just to try and give the Users pc's a bit of a break. More clients crash cos of the work load than any other issue. but atleast they go down 1 by 1, and only the ones with not so uber systems. (personaly i never crash wen in there, and neither do qute a few of the regulars.

and i didnt say they played blood harvest for 6 hours i said It took some of them that long to get to blood harvest..
I spent quite some time balancing the 8 players to the co op dificulty on expert. so its definatly not easy.

they start at no mercy and go all the way thru every campaign till they finish at blood harvest then no mercy starts again..

well regardless of all that if it dosent work then i guess thats all there is to it.
il just haft to leave it off the server.

p.s

this is a dedicated server hosted on a payed game server.
its not on a home pc..

today server is "game tracker"
Game Server Rank: 21st (99th Percentile)
Highest (past month): 21st Lowest (past month): 2937th

not that bad for being on game tracker aproximatley 3 weeks now.
I dont have many crashes.
And i doubt i am doing something wrong if the people who join are any sort of mesure.

Last edited by ShambleS; 08-06-2009 at 17:24.
ShambleS
Old 08-06-2009 , 17:02   Re: Crashed Map Recovery
Reply With Quote #19

dbl post

Last edited by ShambleS; 08-06-2009 at 17:10.
crazydog
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-06-2009 , 17:24   Re: Crashed Map Recovery
Reply With Quote #20

Has anyone else tried this in l4d? It might just not work because of how left4dead is set up. I didn't create it with left4dead in mind.