Post New Thread Reply   

dotISO
Old 07-04-2008 , 20:27   Re: The Hunted Gameplay Mod
Reply With Quote #11

That will be hard lol. Zombie mod of TF2?! not gonna work out lmao
crazychicken
Old 07-07-2008 , 03:50   Re: The Hunted Gameplay Mod
Reply With Quote #12

nice is it possible to make him glow or beacon or something?

the commands need to be clearer as to what is going on, like The Hunted is an unarmed Blu engineer, Protect him whilst he caps the CPs don't let Red assassinate him before he can escape

ppl dont understand why they cant cap points or who the hunted is when they spawn a random class and noone is the hunted

also there is a bug with respawn, it will teleport palyers back to spawn for no reason a lot with no announcement though there is something in the topleft corner that looks like a failed announcement

Last edited by crazychicken; 07-07-2008 at 04:40.
msleeper
Veteran Member
Old 07-07-2008 , 15:03   Re: The Hunted Gameplay Mod
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazychicken View Post
nice is it possible to make him glow or beacon or something?

the commands need to be clearer as to what is going on, like The Hunted is an unarmed Blu engineer, Protect him whilst he caps the CPs don't let Red assassinate him before he can escape

ppl dont understand why they cant cap points or who the hunted is when they spawn a random class and noone is the hunted

also there is a bug with respawn, it will teleport palyers back to spawn for no reason a lot with no announcement though there is something in the topleft corner that looks like a failed announcement
Thank you for the input.

I may add a "beacon" to the Hunted as an optional setting, but I will not have it on by default. The Hunted should be able to hide and sneak around and adding a beacon to him will make that harder. I will update the messages to be a bit more descriptive.

If the Blue team spawns and none of them are an Engineer, then after 20 seconds someone will randomly be chosen to be The Hunted. Since the Hunted is required for gameplay this happens.

The "bug" with spawning happens when someone switches to, or away from, Engineer. Because a class change usually initiates a death, it triggers the "The Hunted has been killed!" which causes everyone to respawn. I'm looking into a fix for this so that it only occurs on a true death.

Could you provide a screenshot for the top-left message? I have not seen this and nothing really should be showing up there that I have put. The only messages that the plugin sends are in chat, hint, and TF2 "showtext".
Old 07-07-2008 , 16:56   Re: The Hunted Gameplay Mod
Reply With Quote #14

Nice plugin and lots of fun. I have loaded it up on one my hosts to try out along with some hacks to the player and weapon class ctx files.

IE I made the Engie as a fast as a Scout. Start him off with 10K health ( with 100% crits, higher fire rate and damage this is needed ) and also give him a very deadly wrench. Allows for a single hit kill on any class that he can melee hit.

For the opposing red team I have made it so they respawn a bit longer then the blue side 6 seconds vs 10 seconds and also buffed the damage rates of the sniper rifle and spy knife and speed up the rate of fire. Spies also get some tweaks to let them cloak faster and longer.

72.233.81.11:27015 Turbo TF2 - TDRUXPIN #5 - 24/7 TF2 HUNTED MOD + CRAZY MODS

I only got to play it for about an hour this morning and will be playing it again this evening to balance out more. Currently the host is setup to only play cp_dustbowl and pl_goldrush 24/7 with this mod.

-Teddy
teddyruxpin
Overseer of lost packets
Old 07-07-2008 , 16:59   Re: The Hunted Gameplay Mod
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by msleeper View Post
Thank you for the input.

The "bug" with spawning happens when someone switches to, or away from, Engineer. Because a class change usually initiates a death, it triggers the "The Hunted has been killed!" which causes everyone to respawn. I'm looking into a fix for this so that it only occurs on a true death.

Maybe look at pRED's latest plugin that blocks console commands. Take the bits in there and block the players ability to suicide for the first 60 seconds of play? As for the beacon request why not just execute a sm_beacon via console on the player you want to be glowing? Keeps it simple and uses an already existing feature of sourcemod.

-Teddy
V0gelz
Old 07-07-2008 , 19:07   Re: The Hunted Gameplay Mod
Reply With Quote #16

Wow, long live TFC!
Old 07-07-2008 , 19:37   Re: The Hunted Gameplay Mod
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyruxpin View Post
Nice plugin and lots of fun. I have loaded it up on one my hosts to try out along with some hacks to the player and weapon class ctx files.

IE I made the Engie as a fast as a Scout. Start him off with 10K health ( with 100% crits, higher fire rate and damage this is needed ) and also give him a very deadly wrench. Allows for a single hit kill on any class that he can melee hit.

For the opposing red team I have made it so they respawn a bit longer then the blue side 6 seconds vs 10 seconds and also buffed the damage rates of the sniper rifle and spy knife and speed up the rate of fire. Spies also get some tweaks to let them cloak faster and longer.

72.233.81.11:27015 Turbo TF2 - TDRUXPIN #5 - 24/7 TF2 HUNTED MOD + CRAZY MODS

I only got to play it for about an hour this morning and will be playing it again this evening to balance out more. Currently the host is setup to only play cp_dustbowl and pl_goldrush 24/7 with this mod.

-Teddy
Mine has crits too but its not really anything with skill or balancing when you make the rate of fire and damage and health crazy.
Old 07-08-2008 , 00:33   Re: The Hunted Gameplay Mod
Reply With Quote #18

im using SourceMod v1.0.2.2236

and its crashing everytime
msleeper
Veteran Member
Old 07-08-2008 , 02:58   Re: The Hunted Gameplay Mod
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominator View Post
im using SourceMod v1.0.2.2236

and its crashing everytime
Can you post any error logs? I have not tried it on any version except 1.0.3 so I may need to investigate.
Old 07-08-2008 , 16:22   Re: The Hunted Gameplay Mod
Reply With Quote #20

i upgraded to 1.0.3 and got this
Code:
sm_hunted_enable 1 [SM] Native "SetEntProp" reported: Property "m_iClass" not found (entity 0/worldspawn) [SM] Debug mode is not enabled for "hunted.smx" [SM] To enable debug mode, edit plugin_settings.cfg, or type: sm plugins debug 27 on
But when I debug it, it seems to run ok, but it also seems like i always have to enable debug mode, so idk if I'm missing something.

Last edited by Dominator; 07-08-2008 at 16:55.