Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Having trouble getting randomcycle working as I want

Post New Thread Reply   

ghostofmybrain
Veteran Member
Old 07-27-2016 , 20:02   Having trouble getting randomcycle working as I want
Reply With Quote #1

I want the server to run one map (dust2) but allow rtv to other maps. I've got two map files - dust.txt and mapcycle.txt.

For some reason, after every map, it's picking a random map from mapcycle.txt instead of from dust.txt even though I have "randomcycle" set to "dust.txt".

randomcycle.cfg
Spoiler

Spoiler

sm plugins list
Spoiler

maplists.cfg
Spoiler
hamilton5
Veteran Member
Old 07-28-2016 , 01:09   Re: Having trouble getting randomcycle working as I want
Reply With Quote #2

whats keeping the server on dust2? if only dust2 was your starup map and mapgroup... and you dont allow mapchooser to pick a map at the end it should stay on dust2.. but once you rtv to other maps, whats putting back on dust2...
ghostofmybrain
Veteran Member
Old 07-28-2016 , 10:00   Re: Having trouble getting randomcycle working as I want
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamilton5 View Post
whats keeping the server on dust2? if only dust2 was your starup map and mapgroup... and you dont allow mapchooser to pick a map at the end it should stay on dust2.. but once you rtv to other maps, whats putting back on dust2...
I assume the thing keeping it on dust2 is that dust2 is the only map in dust.txt, and maplists.cfg use dust.txt as the map chooser for both randomcycle and mapchooser.

However, even with no rtv, it goes to a map from mapcycle.txt instead. Dust2 is my startup map and mapgroup, and I don't allow mapchooser to pick a map at the end, but yet it still doesn't stay on dust2.

If I rtv to other maps, it should still go back to dust2 after the map, because randomcycle will kick in at the end of the map, and the only map randomcycle is allowed to choose is dust2. Yet it just goes to another random map instead.
hamilton5
Veteran Member
Old 07-28-2016 , 10:25   Re: Having trouble getting randomcycle working as I want
Reply With Quote #4

So if you did disable mapchooser and rtv it would stay on dust2? I am not familiar with randomcycle... but it sounds like the opposite of what you want/need. It seems to me at the end of the map, you should let mapchooser pick dust2 not randomcycle.
ghostofmybrain
Veteran Member
Old 07-28-2016 , 10:39   Re: Having trouble getting randomcycle working as I want
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamilton5 View Post
So if you did disable mapchooser and rtv it would stay on dust2?
No. Console spits out "[randomcycle.smx] RandomCycle has chosen de_inferno for the nextmap." but I have no idea where it's getting de_inferno from. maplists.cfg requires randomcycle to choose from dust.txt, which only contains the map de_dust2.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-28-2016 , 12:09   Re: Having trouble getting randomcycle working as I want
Reply With Quote #6

What directory is dust.txt in?

When RandomCycle, MapChooser, Nominations, or the Admin Menu can't find their map list files, they default to using all maps they find in the server's maps directory.

A couple of side note:

Your Rock the Vote and Nominations plugins are fairly out of date.

It would have been easier if you'd approached this from the other direction. That is, made mapcycle.txt only have the one file, made a second file that has the other maps in it, then set that file for the mapchooser; nominations; and two admin votes, then finally remove Randomcycle as it's unnecessary when the mapcyclefile contains a single map.
Veteran Member
Old 07-28-2016 , 13:18   Re: Having trouble getting randomcycle working as I want
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord
What directory is dust.txt in
It's in /csgo, the same directory that mapcycle.txt is in.

Quote:
It would have been easier if you'd approached this from the other direction. That is, made mapcycle.txt only have the one file, made a second file that has the other maps in it, then set that file for the mapchooser; nominations; and two admin votes, then finally remove Randomcycle as it's unnecessary when the mapcyclefile contains a single map.
I'm currently doing this, but I'd like to be able to figure out what the problem is if I want to add more votes to the random pool.
hamilton5
Veteran Member
Old 07-28-2016 , 14:22   Re: Having trouble getting randomcycle working as I want
Reply With Quote #8

I should have said randomcycle disabled too... I thought it required mapchooser anyway.