Raised This Month: $100 Target: $400
 25% 

FF2 Lord Homicide's New Bosses (NEW BOSS: No Random Crits V2)

Post New Thread Reply   

LordHotPocketHomicide
Old 11-20-2017 , 23:26   Lord Homicide's New Bosses (NEW BOSS: No Random Crits V2)
Reply With Quote #1

A while back, I made a thread showcasing some of my older bosses. Needless to say, I am writing this new page because I was vastly disappointed with the quality of my older bosses. While there were a few that were subjectively good (my personal favorites of the old bosses were Corrupted Demoman and Corrupted Sniper), the majority were untested and often broken, such as Corrupted Heavy, or simply had poor-quality, lazily-made models. This new page is dedicated to showcasing all bosses that I make from this point onward.

NOTE: All of these bosses can be found on my test server, UAO.tf. If you wish to test any of them before adding them to your own server, feel free to add me on Steam and schedule a test.

Boss #1: Tough Guy
(Download)

Dependencies: TFConditions

Theme(s): Rings of Saturn - The Macrocosm

HP Formula: (((1000+n)*n)^1.04)/4

Number of Lives: 4

Mobility: Super Jump

Base Movement Speed: 400 HU/s

Melee Weapon Attributes: Tough Guy uses a Boston Basher which instantly kills all targets, including buildings, but swings 50% slower and prevents him from double jumping. It also makes him immune to afterburn and grants permanent crits on any kill (which is purely cosmetic, as he already one-shots everything).

Rage: On rage, Tough Guy takes 35% less damage (50% from sentries) and gains the ability to swim in the air for 10 seconds. In addition, he becomes semi-invisible (he cloaks like a spy, becoming ignored by sentries, but still has a glow which makes him visible to players) for 15 seconds, gains a 30% movement speed bonus for 15 seconds, and gains a 75% chance to avoid damage for 20 seconds. This rage requires 4500 damage to activate.

On Life Loss: Upon losing a life, Tough Guy becomes ubercharged for 13 seconds, activates slow-mo for 2 seconds, and gains a scattergun with 4 shots. This scattergun has 1000% more bullets per shot and penetrates a single target.

Miscellaneous Information: This boss was designed to be overpowered. I had originally planned on using the Blitzkrieg's sub-plugin that makes RED more powerful throughout the duration of the round, but because I don't know enough about the Source engine, I was unable to. If you want to do this on your server, or instead wish to nerf him, feel free to do so.

Boss #2: Pyronus

(Download)

Dependencies: TFConditions, Saxtoner Ability Pack, Phat Rages

Theme(s): Cuphead - Carnival Kerfuffle Remix [RetroSpecter]

HP Formula: (((900+n)*n)^1.04)/3

Number of Lives: 3

Mobility: Super Jump

Base Movement Speed: 370 HU/s

Melee Weapon Attributes: On contact, Pyronus' Sharpened Volcano Fragment will ignite its target. The inflicted afterburn damage is 80% lower, making it possible for enemies to survive long enough to heal. The afterburn's duration is also 75% shorter. Lastly, it deals 50% less damage against non-burning targets. Despite all of this, Pyronus' melee is still dangerously strong.

Rage: On rage, all nearby sentry guns are stunned for 7 seconds. In addition, all opponents within 800 hammer units are ignited by hellfire, which deals 40 initial damage and 10 afterburn damage per second for 5 seconds. Pyronus itself gains quick fix effects and is invulnerable to all damage for 7 seconds.

On Life Loss: Nothing happens when Pyronus loses a life.

Miscellaneous Information: Pyronus was originally a boss that a friend of mine tried and failed to create a long time ago, which was centered around his Pyro loadout. Recently, he reminded me of it, and using my new model creation skills, I recreated it for him. Gameplay-wise, Pyronus is centered around afterburn damage, as well as taking advantage of opponents being on fire. He deals low damage to targets who aren't on fire, but is capable of easily defeating anything that is.

Boss #3: Pessimistic Spy

Dependencies: TFConditions

Theme(s): Danny Baranowsky - For Whom the Knell Tolls, Danny Baranowsky - Momentum Mori, ParagonX9 - Chaoz Fantasy

HP Formula: (((660+n)*n)^1.04)

Number of Lives: 1

Mobility: Teleport

Base Movement Speed: 400 HU/s

Melee Weapon Attributes: Pessimistic Spy uses a Big Earner which disguises its user on a backstab.

Rage: On rage, all enemies within 800 hammer units are marked for death for 10 seconds. During this 10 second interval, Pessimistic Spy also becomes cloaked. Despite being cloaked, he can still attack, and as long as the 10 seconds have not ended, he will immediately re-cloak. (Note: bots will still attack PS while he is cloaked. I have not yet tested on sentries.) In addition, he also gains a L'etranger with 5 shots. It only deals 65 base damage and fires 50% slower, but can one-shot anything up to a scout as long as they are marked for death. In addition, targets who survive are slowed by 40% for 10 seconds. While this L'etranger is active, Pessimistic Spy will take 50% less damage from ranged attacks.

Miscellaneous Information: This boss was a concept I thought of over a year ago and just recently remembered. Many, but not all, of his voice lines were created by me via sentence mixing. Gameplay-wise, the Pessimistic Spy can be played either stealthily or aggressively. If the player chooses to use stealth, which is more effective on indoor maps, he can disguise with backstabs and can use his cloak rage to enhance his sneaking capabilities. If the player chooses to play aggressively, they can take advantage of his enhanced speed and one-shot-kill mini crits with his L'etranger. Either way, PS has below average HP.

Boss #4: No Random Crits V2

Dependencies: Koishi's Abilities

Theme(s): Star Dream (Phase 1-3) (Kirby: Planet Robobot) - GaMetal Remix, Decisive Battle (Final Fantasy VI) - GaMetal

HP Formula: (((1400+n)*n)^1.04)/2

Number of Lives: 2

Mobility: Extremely Rapid Super Jump

Base Movement Speed: 450 HU/s

Melee Weapon Attributes: Like last time, NRC uses a Crossing Guard which grants infinite crits after any given kill, crits from behind, and crits against disguised players, but cannot get any random crits. All weapons will dissolve players on kill.

Rage: On rage, NRC stuns all players for 9 seconds and sentries for 11 seconds. He also gains a festive rocket launcher with a 10,000% damage bonus and a 300% larger explosion radius. However, it fires 50% slower and has 50% slower projectile speed. For cosmetic effect, whenever he rages, all opponents play a reaction line, such as when they react to the enemy team using a rare spell. (Example: Spy)

On Life Loss: Upon losing a life, NRC gains 7 seconds of uber and teleports to a random player.

Miscellaneous Information: While all of this may seem overpowered, NRC allows opposing medics to revive their allies. That being said, a skilled medic or two could give NRC players a hard time. Aside from this, NRC has undergone a variety of other balance changes from his previous version. Instead of gaining a rapidly firing rocket launcher with nearly infinite ammo, he now gains a 3-shot, slow-firing, powerful rocket launcher. Of course, with his melee attributes, massive health pool, and high speed, he may still seem OP, so feel free to adjust him to your liking if you decide to add him to your server(s).

Note: I will likely make more bosses in the future. Whenever I do, I will update this thread accordingly.

Last edited by LordHotPocketHomicide; 11-24-2017 at 14:08. Reason: Added No Random Crits V2 and shamelessly self-advertised.
JuegosPablo
Old 11-21-2017 , 16:35   Re: Lord Homicide's New Bosses
Reply With Quote #2

Suggestions to pyronus boss (on lost life)

-Gain Uber
-Crits
-Matrix

have more but im finding more xD

Last edited by JuegosPablo; 11-21-2017 at 16:40.
MeeMFromHH
Old 11-22-2017 , 20:01   Re: Lord Homicide's New Bosses
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuegosPablo View Post
Suggestions to pyronus boss (on lost life)

-Gain Uber
-Crits
-Matrix

have more but im finding more xD
That's gonna be OP
(assuming you want him to put everything into the same lifeloss)
JuegosPablo
Old 11-30-2017 , 12:35   Re: Lord Homicide's New Bosses
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeeMFromHH View Post
That's gonna be OP
(assuming you want him to put everything into the same lifeloss)
not everything on same lost life
Old 12-01-2017 , 21:11   Re: Lord Homicide's New Bosses
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuegosPablo View Post
not everything on same lost life
As far as I know, there isn't a way to make different life losses have different effects.