Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[NMRiH]Adjust damage (v1.0.3 ,2022-05-16)

Post New Thread Reply   

Author
Dayonn_dayonn
Plugin ID:
Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
No More Room in Hell
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Adjust the difficulty level for each player by modifying the damage value.
    Old 05-07-2022 , 21:04   [NMRiH]Adjust damage (v1.0.3 ,2022-05-16)
    Reply With Quote #1

Description:

This plugin changes the amount of damage per player.
    • (Damage from the player to a zombie) = (Original Damage) / 2 ^ ( (the player's adjustment level) / (Double Strong Level) )
    • (Damage from a zombie to the player) = (Original Damage) * 2 ^ ( (the player's adjustment level) / (Double Strong Level) )
    • (the player's adjustment level) ... If the player win, it increases. If the player die or fail to escape, it reduces.
    • (Double Strong Level) ... default is 10. you can change in config file.
    In other words, if the player keep winning the same map, the zombies become stronger; conversely, if the player die repeatedly, the zombies become weaker.
    When the adjustment level reaches double strong level, the zombie's attack power is doubled and the zombie's relative health is doubled.
    This is intended to ensure that expert and novice players play with the same sense of urgency.

CVar and Config:

There are no CVar in this plugin.
    this plugin have config file.The following values can be set.
    • double strong level
    • initial level
    • unchangeable level corresponding to malicious players
    • the amount of increase level when the player win.
    • the amount of reduces level when the player die.
    • the minimum alive time of a player, required for the level to decrease when a player dies.
    • the amount of reduces level when the player fails to escape.
    • list of the malicious player's steamID64.
    this plugin creates an "adjust_damage_ini" folder in the sourcemod\configs folder and generates a [<SteamID64>].ini file for each client in this folder.

Dependencies:

When used in conjunction with the latest version of the "Health_and_stamina_disp" plugin, the display of the amount of charge is corrected from the original damage to the adjusted value.
    There is no problem if the "Health_and_stamina_disp" plugin is not used together.
    This plugin does not use SQL. This plugin generates an ini file for each client, which records the adjust level for each map.

Caution:

If you have already installed this plugin and will update to v1.0.3, please delete all ini files in the configs/adjust_damage_ini folder. In v1.0.3, the file names and file contents of the ini files have changed.

Changelog:
    Quote:
    2022-05-016(v1.0.3)
    - Changed that the level does not drop unless the player dies after aliving for a certain period of time, and added a configuration value to the cfg file.
    - Changed the timing of loading the cfg file from when the plugin is started to when the map is changed.
    - Changed ini file name from SteamID3 to SteamID64 and changed configuration to include client name in ini file.(You can search for ini files from windows explorer using the player name. You can also use the file name to quickly find the player's STEAM profile url.)
    - Added the ability to punish malicious players.

2022-05-08(v1.0.2)
    - Initial release.

Special thanks
    Attached Files
    File Type: zip adjust_damage v1.0.3.zip (16.5 KB, 155 views)

Last edited by Dayonn_dayonn; 05-15-2022 at 17:53. Reason: update to v1.0.3
    newpsw
    Old 05-08-2022 , 11:28   Re: [NMRiH]Adjust damage (v1.0.2 ,08-May-2022)
    Reply With Quote #2

Wow what a great idea!
    phoenix0001
    Old 05-11-2022 , 10:01   Re: [NMRiH]Adjust damage (v1.0.2 ,08-May-2022)
    Reply With Quote #3

sounds good

I come from China, my English is poor
    Dayonn_dayonn
    Old 05-11-2022 , 11:04   Re: [NMRiH]Adjust damage (v1.0.2 ,08-May-2022)
    Reply With Quote #4

Thanks, newpsw and phoenix0001, but after a few test plays I discovered some problems with this plugin.

First, there is a problem with the default settings in the cfg file. With the current settings, the game becomes too easy when you die. Also, the change in difficulty level is too small after a victory. The current settings may be suitable for novice players.
    Changing "Change_Level_If_Death" to "-3" and "Change_Level_If_Win" to "2" would improve the gaming experience.
    I do not run a server, so I cannot verify the optimal values in the cfg file. (I can verify it in a solo play environment, but not in a multiplayer environment.) For this reason, after installing this plugin, please ask the opinions of key players and tweak the configuration values.
    Also, it would be helpful to other server admins if you could fill in this thread with those post-configuration values.

Secondly, there are players who intentionally die and make their enemies extremely weak. This means turning NMRiH into another game (e.g. "Dynasty Warriors"). I have considered whether there should be a limit to the amount of weakening, but these players will weaken to the limit. I also considered punishing extreme weakening, but this could lead to beginners being punished.
    I should take some action against malicious players, but I could not think of an idea to implement that method in a feature within the plugin. Also, these players slip through all kinds of cracks.
    When using this plugin, I would recommend that the server rules clearly state "Prevention of weakening the enemy by intentionally killing yourself", and that a kick / ban response be taken upon discovery. Otherwise, other players will find the game boring and people will disappear from the server.
    If you have difficulty managing users, I do not recommend installing this plugin.

Last edited by Dayonn_dayonn; 05-11-2022 at 11:15. Reason: spell miss
    Dayonn_dayonn
    Old 05-15-2022 , 17:56   Re: [NMRiH]Adjust damage (v1.0.3 ,2022-05-16)
    Reply With Quote #5

I update to v1.0.3. Please download zip file from the top of this thread.