Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Player Warnings v1.1.3 (Updated: 6/23/12)

Post New Thread Reply   

thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 12-09-2011 , 11:53   Re: Player Warnings v1.0.4 (Updated: 12/8/11)
Reply With Quote #11

It should still function without a database configured, however, it's going to produce errors if you attempt to run it without one. It's MySQL or SQLite, and as SourceMod has local SQLite support, there's no reason for you not to use one. Just leave sm_warnings_database at "" and it'll default to "sourcemod-local", unless you've botched your databases.cfg.

Last edited by thetwistedpanda; 12-09-2011 at 11:54.
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 12-09-2011 , 20:49   Re: Player Warnings v1.0.5 (Updated: 12/9/11)
Reply With Quote #12

Revision 1.0.5 Released
  • Fixed an embarrassing bug where any timeout issued would be placed on the administrator rather than the targeted player.
  • Added the command sm_warnreset, which will allow administrators with the root flag to clear a client's total warnings and timeouts.
  • Added support for notifying all in-game administrators of a troublesome player connecting to the server.
    • sm_warnings_notify_admins: optional flag that's used to determine which clients to send the connection notice to.
    • sm_warnings_notify_warnings: the number of warnings to notify on.
    • sm_warnings_notify_timeouts: the number of timeouts to notify on.
  • The functionality of sm_warnlist has been improved / modified.
    • If there are at least two players in the server, and one of those players is currently in timeout, the command now categorizes the players. Now gives the option to view only punished players, or view all players.
      • "List_Display_Current" (View currently punished players).
      • "List_Display_Total" (Lists data pertaining to player warnings).
    • The list all feature now modifies the client's name to display the current number of warnings/timeouts the client has. (This can be edited out via the translation)
    • Example: "Twisted|Panda, (W: 3, T: 0)"
  • Various translation changes, better to just re-translate anything if you've done such.
Revision 1.0.6 Released
  • Fixed an error with invalid client id, what's with all these errors .
  • Fixed a bug where a client's steamid wasn't loaded on connect.
  • Fixed a bug where client data was always reset on disconnect due to premature variable clearing.
Had to rush these updates due to various crippling bugs that managed to make it into the releases...

Last edited by thetwistedpanda; 12-10-2011 at 15:48.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 12-31-2011 , 13:25   Re: Player Warnings v1.0.6 (Updated: 12/10/11)
Reply With Quote #13

Very nice plugin, just one minor issue, you should use the basecomm natives (http://docs.sourcemod.net/api/index....oad=file&id=59) rather than ServerCommand-ing it's commands and changing the sm_show_activity value.

Last edited by asherkin; 12-31-2011 at 13:26.
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 12-31-2011 , 15:41   Re: Player Warnings v1.0.6 (Updated: 12/10/11)
Reply With Quote #14

I intentionally ServerCommand to provide compatibility with my ExtendedComm plugin. Simply using the natives, I can't detect if a player has been muted by an external source, such as this plugin, unless I loop for changes every x seconds. That being said, I'll have to update to 1.0.7 sometime soon as I found a few nagging bugs.

Last edited by thetwistedpanda; 12-31-2011 at 15:42.
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 02-27-2012 , 10:57   Re: Player Warnings v1.0.8 (Updated: 2/27/11)
Reply With Quote #15

1.0.7 never made it out of my servers, so I don't have a changelog as to what was modified. Here's 1.0.8, however, which should wrap the plugin's development up. Short of SourceMod's basecomm supporting a few forwards notifying of a gag/mute, I have to use the sm_show_activity work around to provide compatability with other plugins (i.e. ExtendedComm).

Revision 1.0.8
  • Fixed a logic error involving the wrong function prototype possibly resulting in incorrect data.
  • Added support for ClientPrefs, and removed default "storage-local" functionality.
    • Using sm_warnings_database "" will result in ClientPrefs, otherwise it's the specified database.
  • Added additional redundancy code to ensure plugin compatibility; player_spawn is now checked, players are slayed prior to team changes, and any swap triggers a confirmation.
  • Added even more redundancy code to make sure players are punished after their data has been loaded.
  • Fixed a small bug where player_team was triggering a supression/comfirmation regardless of team.
  • Removed translation "Command_Database_Invalid", plugin now assumes database is valid.
  • An internal player counter now updates properly in late load scenarioes.
  • Several default translation changes.
  • sm_warnlist, view current timeouts, feature now works properly displaying player information on selection.

Last edited by thetwistedpanda; 02-27-2012 at 11:04.
micazoid
Veteran Member
Old 02-28-2012 , 12:30   Re: Player Warnings v1.0.8 (Updated: 2/27/11)
Reply With Quote #16

First of all:
I updated to your newest version and it works very fine! I like the option to not use a databse! Thank you very much for this.

But now my critics:
Please tell the user, that this plugin will generate its own config. This is one line in installation, but helps a lot, because the commands will not be overwritten ^^

Second critics isnt really a critic.
I got this in the config:
sm_warnings_warn_cmd "sm_beacon"

But beacon will not appear, only:
[SM] Usage: sm_beacon <#userid|name>

Now my question: Can I aim at the warned via this and if yes: How?

Keep up the good work Panda
Old 03-01-2012 , 14:30   Re: Player Warnings v1.0.8 (Updated: 2/27/11)
Reply With Quote #17

Hey panda,

When you warn someone can you put a reason, like !warn {name} {reason}

Feel free to add me on STEAM as well: https://steamcommunity.com/id/b0r3d
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 03-01-2012 , 14:50   Re: Player Warnings v1.0.8 (Updated: 2/27/11)
Reply With Quote #18

That is something I've already begun development for in v1.1.0. Specifically, you'll be able to !warn <target> <reason> and !timeout <target> <length> <reason>, with the reason parameter being optional. It uses an extra database table so it can log numerous warnings per steamid, which can be then recalled via !warnlist. It'll save a timestamp / steamid / string, so that the reasons can be expired automatically after say, a month of being in the database.
Old 03-01-2012 , 14:51   Re: Player Warnings v1.0.8 (Updated: 2/27/11)
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetwistedpanda View Post
That is something I've already begun development for in v1.1.0. Specifically, you'll be able to !warn <target> <reason> and !timeout <target> <length> <reason>, with the reason parameter being optional. It uses an extra database table so it can log numerous warnings per steamid, which can be then recalled via !warnlist. It'll save a timestamp / steamid / string, so that the reasons can be expired automatically after say, a month of being in the database.
Sounds great, thanks!

Feel free to add me on STEAM as well: https://steamcommunity.com/id/b0r3d
micazoid
Veteran Member
Old 03-02-2012 , 08:40   Re: Player Warnings v1.0.8 (Updated: 2/27/11)
Reply With Quote #20

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...5&postcount=16