Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] Scavenge Map Rotation

Post New Thread Reply   

Ydiss
Old 11-26-2009 , 16:03   [L4D2] Scavenge Map Rotation
Reply With Quote #1

Hiya

I'd love to be able to play a scavenge game on my server and when the game is finished, have a cvar that cancels the rematch vote and instead the server loads the next map in a rotation, which would be defined in a cfg file. Preferably, an announcement would pop up just as the scores finish counting out, so players that do not wish to continue playing can quit before the next map loads up (even better, the announcement should state the next map in rotation too).

I don't always want to play the same map again so it'd be nice to keep things fresh, without the need to return to lobby or enter the changelevel command manually before the vote is passed.

Plus, as an extra admin bonus, it would be nice to have a cvar option to randomise the teams on each map (I often play with friends and sometimes we'd like to be able to do this on each game, without exiting to lobby first). Combined with a map rotation this would be excellent for an extended Scavenge session.

As an aside, although I don't know how possible this would be, I'd absolutely love the ability to define a full map rotation that lets the admin select game type (versus or scavange) and map, providing the ability to start off a Versus or Scav game and then, upon completion of the first map, rotate to the next game mode/map in rotation.

I'd love to be able to mix up Versus and Scavenge modes, where the scores for Versus do not carry over (obviously). Anyway, thanks for your time guys.

Last edited by Ydiss; 11-26-2009 at 16:14.
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 11-26-2009 , 16:13   Re: [L4D2] Scavenge Map Rotation
Reply With Quote #2

Coding a (mapchange) team scrambler in L4D is a nightmare.

There are no extensions yet to affect scoring in L4D2 (which kills the serverside mapchange idea for now).

Return to Lobby really is your best bet. Should never be a problem in a friends only, and you can set anything you like in just about 20 seconds.
Ydiss
Old 11-26-2009 , 17:31   Re: [L4D2] Scavenge Map Rotation
Reply With Quote #3

Well downtown's plugin allows score reset to 0, but I haven't got that to work yet so...

If it's too tough to code then no worries.
bl4nk
SourceMod Developer
Old 11-26-2009 , 18:46   Re: [L4D2] Scavenge Map Rotation
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicStryker View Post
Coding a (mapchange) team scrambler in L4D is a nightmare.
I don't see why that is. Couldn't you just hook the "map_transition" event, count the number of players, and then in OnClientPutInServer randomly change their team before they're spawned while taking into count the total number of players?
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 11-27-2009 , 02:38   Re: [L4D2] Scavenge Map Rotation
Reply With Quote #5

Theres is a wantedteam variable on clients that sometimes has effect and sometimes doesn't. L4D2 screws up teams itself every now and then. There's differing 'joining' mechanisms for both teams, for example you go Survivor over Spectator until you've fully loaded. And i don't even know yet what funny kinds of delayed action L4D2 does in background ^^
Jon
Veteran Member
Old 12-26-2009 , 14:31   Re: [L4D2] Scavenge Map Rotation
Reply With Quote #6

Bump.
Blakeocity
Old 12-26-2009 , 15:15   Re: [L4D2] Scavenge Map Rotation
Reply With Quote #7

The first paragraph of what your asking for is all I'm after.
Which is really just FMC, with scavenge support.

Campaign rotation for versus works fine with FMC, just change left4dead to left4dead2 in the source.
Jon
Veteran Member
Old 12-27-2009 , 14:08   Re: [L4D2] Scavenge Map Rotation
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakeocity View Post
The first paragraph of what your asking for is all I'm after.
Which is really just FMC, with scavenge support.
Same here.
fpsbrian
Old 12-27-2009 , 19:56   Re: [L4D2] Scavenge Map Rotation
Reply With Quote #9

same, 2 people vote no and leave... its faster to get new players while in game then lobby most of the time.