Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

L4d2 Sourcemod/plugin Question

Post New Thread Reply   

KawaiiNeptune
Old 11-26-2018 , 19:06   L4d2 Sourcemod/plugin Question
Reply With Quote #1

I have been looking everywhere for this and nothing yet , what would the L4d2 cvars be to add into a sourcemod.cfg to make tanks spawn more often(as in like 2-3 or possible 2-5 per level) and also what would the cvar be to make survivors not slowed when walking in water, so you are normal speed? I know these two are possible, whether it being a cvar in a cfg file or as a plugin itself since another source mod server has these in it. Right now im trying to create a custom server sourcemod.cfg and these would be helpful to balance what id want since im making tanks beefed up and more plentiful, and itd make it less of a pain in hard rain/swamp fever
CliptonHeist
Old 11-26-2018 , 23:59   Re: L4d2 Sourcemod/plugin Question
Reply With Quote #2

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/..._of_L4D2_Cvars
KawaiiNeptune
Old 11-27-2018 , 00:27   Re: L4d2 Sourcemod/plugin Question
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliptonHeist View Post
not helpful, im aware of that site, like i said in my original post, i looked everywhere and i couldn't find anything that'd resemble how to accomplish the more tanks per level and making you walk normal in water, thats what i would like to know since i know it is possible
CliptonHeist
Old 11-27-2018 , 19:24   Re: L4d2 Sourcemod/plugin Question
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawaiiNeptune View Post
not helpful, im aware of that site, like i said in my original post, i looked everywhere and i couldn't find anything that'd resemble how to accomplish the more tanks per level and making you walk normal in water, thats what i would like to know since i know it is possible
Both of those things are possible with the cvars on that page.
KawaiiNeptune
Old 11-28-2018 , 01:57   Re: L4d2 Sourcemod/plugin Question
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliptonHeist View Post
Both of those things are possible with the cvars on that page.
And im asking which of those cvars apply to what i want, I've looked through the whole thing, did several other searches and still can't find it, Im not a coder or programmer, I dont know what every little detail means, i just know the cvars I used which are obvious like speed duration, ammo, tank hp, etc, so which of those on that page can do what I want?
CliptonHeist
Old 11-28-2018 , 02:19   Re: L4d2 Sourcemod/plugin Question
Reply With Quote #6

Search for director_tank, sv_wateraccelerate and sv_waterfriction on that page. It will take some trial and error to get results that are acceptable and you'd need a plugin to have perfect results as most spawning logic is handled by the map itself, not the director.