Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot AI SHOOT IT FFS Fix

Post New Thread Reply   

DeathChaos25
Old 04-15-2015 , 11:57   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot AI SHOOT IT FFS Fix
Reply With Quote #61

So I was wondering, would you update this plugin if you could actually make the bots shoot the Special Infected?
This has been possible since the EMS update with the CommandABot function, like so;

PHP Code:
ScriptCommand(SurvivorBot"script""CommandABot({cmd=0,bot=GetPlayerFromUserID(%i),target=GetPlayerFromUserID(%i)})"GetClientUserId(SurvivorBot), GetClientUserId(SpecialInfected));

stock ScriptCommand(client, const String:command[], const String:arguments[], any:...)
{
    new 
String:vscript[PLATFORM_MAX_PATH];

VFormat(vscriptsizeof(vscript), arguments4);

new 
flags GetCommandFlags(command);

SetCommandFlags(commandflags^FCVAR_CHEAT);

FakeClientCommand(client"%s %s"commandvscript);

SetCommandFlags(commandflags FCVAR_CHEAT);

Last edited by DeathChaos25; 04-15-2015 at 11:58.
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 04-15-2015 , 16:15   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot AI SHOOT IT FFS Fix
Reply With Quote #62

Sure why not. Take 1.0.5
DeathChaos25
Old 04-15-2015 , 19:52   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot AI SHOOT IT FFS Fix
Reply With Quote #63

Just wanted to comment that the script command's results are more satisfying than I had hoped they'd be.

Just had a situation where we had a tank and a sneaky super mega ninja Jockey moved me away from the group.

Instead of ignoring me, the bots ran away from the tank, and went straight for the jockey instead.
Old 04-05-2016 , 08:07   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot AI SHOOT IT FFS Fix
Reply With Quote #64

Anybody else having problems with this, i've had several situations where the bots either sit there stupidly while you die grabbed by hunter or charger, or they'll just shoot at nearby zombies ignoring the SI. Without the plugin they actually do go after the special infected, it just takes longer. They aren't acting stupid everytime, but it is more often than not.
Merudo
Old 04-05-2016 , 14:35   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot AI SHOOT IT FFS Fix
Reply With Quote #65

Same here, I'm having quite underwhelming results. Bots just ignore me or stay still.

I studied the script and I noticed the bots receive a new CommandABot order each time a player immobilized by infected gets hurt. This may be problematic if more than one survivor is immobilized - bots then get constant conflicting orders on who to save.

Because of this, I wouldn't be surprised if the bots went crazy if two or more survivors are immobilized - the bots may try for half a second to help player A, then try for half a second to help player B, then A again,etc. and end up just staying in one spot or running back and forth between the two downed survivors.

Last edited by Merudo; 04-05-2016 at 14:41.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 04-05-2016 , 16:56   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot AI SHOOT IT FFS Fix
Reply With Quote #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merudo View Post
Same here, I'm having quite underwhelming results. Bots just ignore me or stay still.

I studied the script and I noticed the bots receive a new CommandABot order each time a player immobilized by infected gets hurt. This may be problematic if more than one survivor is immobilized - bots then get constant conflicting orders on who to save.

Because of this, I wouldn't be surprised if the bots went crazy if two or more survivors are immobilized - the bots may try for half a second to help player A, then try for half a second to help player B, then A again,etc. and end up just staying in one spot or running back and forth between the two downed survivors.
that actually makes sense because on my server its common for two people to be grabbed at a time. He should revert it to his old method or recode it to take what you said into account, if possible...Now that I think about it, i've got his old version on my hard drive buried somewhere. May just go back to that until its fix, if you need it let me know...

Last edited by MasterMind420; 04-05-2016 at 16:57.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 04-05-2016 , 18:11   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot AI SHOOT IT FFS Fix
Reply With Quote #67

Interestingly enough I used an older version, not 100% sure which one, but it was in a folder dated 2013 so it was definately prior to the more recent ones, and I had the same problem, just much worse, they just stood in front of the charger while he slammed me and it looked like they didn't know whether to pull the trigger or help the charger beat the crap out of me, in the end they didn't fire a single shot...so this was before the changes in 1.05...i wonder if it could be related to a similar plugin were using...

Last edited by MasterMind420; 04-05-2016 at 18:12.
Merudo
Old 04-05-2016 , 20:24   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot AI SHOOT IT FFS Fix
Reply With Quote #68

Hey MasterMind, I created this new version where the bots won't get confused anymore when 2+ survivors need help.

I also added the cvar l4d_survivoraipouncedfix_range, which contains the maximum range survivors will be commanded to shoot infected pouncing a survivor (default 800.0)
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d_survivorai_pouncedfix.sp - 5405 views - 5.9 KB)

Last edited by Merudo; 04-08-2016 at 17:10.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 04-05-2016 , 23:17   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot AI SHOOT IT FFS Fix
Reply With Quote #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merudo View Post
Hey MasterMind, I created this new version where hopefully the bots won't get confused anymore.

Which map do you recommend to test it out? It seemed to work fine, but it's hard to test because I'm having trouble getting multiple survivors reliably getting immobilized by infected.
Awesome i'll test it out immediately, I would recommend Death Toll with a slight increased amount of zombies, thats the map i've been doing all my testing on lately for Multiple Equipments, short first map, so far i've managed to fix a few requested bugs with Multiple Equipments myself. I'm not much of a coder but i'm learning...I get grabbed on that map constantly and more zombies makes it harder for others to avoid. 75 mega mob, 50 regular mob(min 25), 100 background limit, 100 common limit.
Merudo
Old 04-06-2016 , 01:00   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot AI SHOOT IT FFS Fix
Reply With Quote #70

Another thing - Death Toll is an open map, and the distance limit of the plugin is quite low (500.0). So often, you'll get caught by a smoker and the survivor bots won't do anything because it's out of range.

I added a cvar "l4d_survivoraipouncedfix_range" so that the limit can be adjusted, & I changed the default to 800.0.

Last edited by Merudo; 04-06-2016 at 01:33.