Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D & L4D2] Survivor Sprint, Stamina and Exhaustion (v1.3) [02-Jul-2022]

Post New Thread Reply   

Earendil
Old 01-13-2022 , 10:58   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Sprint, Stamina and Exhaustion (v1.1.1) [01-Jan-2022]
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by henriquesiqueira View Post
I have a question for me this plugin is not working I did everything right and not this working please someone tells me what Can I do? sorry for my bad english
Put this command in console:

"sm plugins list"
If plugin falied to load you should see something like :<error> "pluginname"....
Go to "addons/sourcemod/log/errors/errors_<date>.log" open it and search any error pointing Sprint Stamina. Copy a piece of code like the ones Sev reported here.

Without an error log I can't help you.

EDIT: If there is no error in plugin load, check the ConVars (use the default ones) remember to double tap forward to sprint (0.6s between taps max), dont walk, dont crouch!

Last edited by Earendil; 01-13-2022 at 11:00.
Earendil
Old 01-22-2022 , 23:16   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Sprint, Stamina and Exhaustion (v1.1.2) [23-Jan-2022]
Reply With Quote #12

Thanks to Shao for reporting, I didn't implemented the limp sprint (my mitake because I didn't tested it) now survivors can sprint while limping if ConVar allows.

Last edited by Earendil; 01-22-2022 at 23:16.
Shao
Old 01-23-2022 , 18:41   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Sprint, Stamina and Exhaustion (v1.1.2) [23-Jan-2022]
Reply With Quote #13

Limping speeds seems to not apply at all right now, keeping normal running speeds. Sprinting works though.

Scoping on snipers also seems to keep full normal running speeds as well.

For servers using a incapacitated moving plugin the sprint also applies, this might need a check.

Adrenaline speeds are seemingly overwritten by any of the movement speeds too.

I would suggest to add a check if players are going slower than intended to not have stamina wasted for no reason, maybe if put at less than a certain amount of units stop the sprinting? Because being able to lose stamina up against a wall/stuck in a horde is kinda gamebreaking.

I could be mistaken and this may be issues with the core plugin but I'm sure they are related around somehow.

Last edited by Shao; 01-23-2022 at 19:42. Reason: More to add.
Earendil
Old 02-01-2022 , 06:41   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Sprint, Stamina and Exhaustion (v1.1.2) [23-Jan-2022]
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shao View Post
Limping speeds seems to not apply at all right now, keeping normal running speeds. Sprinting works though.

Scoping on snipers also seems to keep full normal running speeds as well.

For servers using a incapacitated moving plugin the sprint also applies, this might need a check.

Adrenaline speeds are seemingly overwritten by any of the movement speeds too.

I would suggest to add a check if players are going slower than intended to not have stamina wasted for no reason, maybe if put at less than a certain amount of units stop the sprinting? Because being able to lose stamina up against a wall/stuck in a horde is kinda gamebreaking.

I could be mistaken and this may be issues with the core plugin but I'm sure they are related around somehow.
The lack of control with scoping or adrenaline in the API has been fixed, and I added more features to this plugin to control adrenaline and limping sprints. And also I added a small check to stop sprint if a player is blocked by an obstacle or stops moving because is healing itself, also players can't sprint if they are limping.

I hope al bugs are fixed now.
WhatsAnName
Old 02-12-2022 , 00:38   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Sprint, Stamina and Exhaustion (v1.2) [01-Feb-2022]
Reply With Quote #15

i suggest a on round start chat to all msg saying how they can sprint since currently there is no way for a random join to know about it and be cool if you could tie the stamina to melee swings except for the chainsaw since that uses gas (cvar to disable or enable it as well)

since this uses left4dhooks can try this forward // L4D2 only. Called when a player uses his melee weapons primary attack
forward Action L4D_OnStartMeleeSwing(int client, bool boolean);

Last edited by WhatsAnName; 02-21-2022 at 02:11.
Earendil
Old 02-21-2022 , 05:31   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Sprint, Stamina and Exhaustion (v1.2) [01-Feb-2022]
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConstantCrashes47 View Post
Hi, I have problem I installed all dependencies and placed everything in the right folders, but the plugin doesn't wanna load (error) and (failed).

did I install incorrect versions of the dependencies ( I just installed the ones linked in OP , installed the SM1.10+ for one of them ) or is this a dedicated server only plugin?
Update Survivor Utilities gamedata, because it was broken, watching your log the API failed to load and that caused all related plugins to fail too.

EDIT: I just installed SRCDS in my Windows computer and loaded SM 1.10, and all plugins/extensions directly downloaded from SM links, console shows no load errors:
Code:
  14 "[L4D & L4D2] Survivor Utilities (API)" (1.3) by Eärendil
  15 "[L4D & L4D2] Surivor utilities: Notifications" (1.0.2) by Eärendil
  16 "[L4D & L4D2] Left 4 DHooks Direct" (1.87) by SilverShot
  17 Disabled: "Nextmap" (1.10.0.6528) by AlliedModders LLC
  18 "Player Commands" (1.10.0.6528) by AlliedModders LLC
  19 "Reserved Slots" (1.10.0.6528) by AlliedModders LLC
  20 "Sound Commands" (1.10.0.6528) by AlliedModders LLC
  21 "[L4D & L4D2] Sprint, stamina and exhaustion" (1.2) by Eärendil

Last edited by Earendil; 02-21-2022 at 05:41.
Earendil
Old 07-02-2022 , 12:04   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Sprint, Stamina and Exhaustion (v1.3) [02-Jul-2022]
Reply With Quote #17

Another update, I fixed some possible exploits, stamina regen issues and added more ways to sprint (and stored via clientprefs).

Code:
 * 1.3   (02-Jul-2022)
        - New sprint activation modes, client preferences will be saved.
         * Disable sprint.
         * Double pressing forward (classic).
         * Pressing forward and walk buttons.
         * Pressing forward and use buttons.
         * Pressing forward, left and right buttons.
        - Fixed some potential bugs when spamming sprint.
		- Fixed slow regeneration bug when player was reviving/healing and pressing any movement button.
        - Classic sprint is not activated if any other movement button
          is pressed between forward buttons, this prevents accidentally activating sprint.
        - Changed default value of "l4d_sse_stamina_min" from 0 to 30.
BioHazardN7
Old 07-26-2023 , 13:37   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Sprint, Stamina and Exhaustion (v1.3) [02-Jul-2022]
Reply With Quote #18

Code:
SourcePawn Compiler 1.11.0.6934
Copyright (c) 1997-2006 ITB CompuPhase
Copyright (c) 2004-2021 AlliedModders LLC

l4d_sprintstamina.sp(493) : warning 209: function has explicit 'int' tag but does not return a value
Code size:         27132 bytes
Data size:         7948 bytes
Stack/heap size:      16540 bytes
Total requirements:   51620 bytes

1 Warning.