Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Realistic Bullet: Real-Life Bullet physics to CS - FINAL VERSION

Post New Thread Reply   

madNezz
Old 04-01-2022 , 21:32   Re: Realistic Bullet: Real-Life Bullet physics to CS - FINAL VERSION
Reply With Quote #51

The plugin looks awesome, gonna definitely try this later. Thank you for your work
MayroN
Old 04-02-2022 , 20:26   Re: Realistic Bullet: Real-Life Bullet physics to CS - FINAL VERSION
Reply With Quote #52

Tested and reviewed the code

I see a lot of familiar lines from the plugin from a third person))))

Did I understand correctly that what we use from the Bullet plugin and the third-person plugin in terms of the same sounds - will not affect the limit prediction at all?

It's just that I had to disable all my plugins in order to test it - well, I already have enough of my own resources there)

Cvars are good, but the menu for the players, in order to set up for themselves everything that the cvars offer us right in real time right in the menu - it would be very convenient ... (well, this is so already - information for thought)

As for the bugs - until I found them ...

I advise not only this one, but also other plugins from this Author ...
МультиМод CS 83.222.97.124:27015

Send a message via ICQ to MayroN Send a message via Skype™ to MayroN
EFFx
Veteran Member
Old 04-02-2022 , 20:40   Re: Realistic Bullet: Real-Life Bullet physics to CS - FINAL VERSION
Reply With Quote #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by madNezz View Post
The plugin looks awesome, gonna definitely try this later. Thank you for your work
Thank your for your words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayroN View Post
Tested and reviewed the code

I see a lot of familiar lines from the plugin from a third person))))

Did I understand correctly that what we use from the Bullet plugin and the third-person plugin in terms of the same sounds - will not affect the limit prediction at all?

It's just that I had to disable all my plugins in order to test it - well, I already have enough of my own resources there)

Cvars are good, but the menu for the players, in order to set up for themselves everything that the cvars offer us right in real time right in the menu - it would be very convenient ... (well, this is so already - information for thought)

As for the bugs - until I found them ...

I advise not only this one, but also other plugins from this Author ...
Both plugins uses traces, that is why you noticed familiar lines.

To be honest, all plugins that handles the end point of the default bullets will conflict with this since the end point can change throughout the bullet's course due ricochets, penetrations, velocity decreaser... etc. What I can do is add a native that gets the bullets end point so players can use it.

Been editing the plugin all this years, proud of the work I did. Sadly the game is too dead for players to see it, but the main goal was just to gain certain knowledge about physics, it was worth it.

Thank you for your review ^^.

• Discord: EFFEXo#8850 • Steam: EFFEXo

Last edited by EFFx; 04-02-2022 at 20:42.
kkj1116
Old 06-22-2022 , 01:49   Re: Realistic Bullet: Real-Life Bullet physics to CS - FINAL VERSION
Reply With Quote #54

Very glad to see that there are devoted developers working on this game, even in this year.
I can't wait to try this plugin out on my private server.
EFFx
Veteran Member
Old 06-30-2022 , 00:09   Re: Realistic Bullet: Real-Life Bullet physics to CS - FINAL VERSION
Reply With Quote #55

The main purpose for me was learning about realistic physics IRL. Thought it could be a good idea to transfer it to the game as far as I could. For now it is how I wanted it to be.

Thank you for your words ^-^

madNezz
Old 07-05-2022 , 22:05   Re: Realistic Bullet: Real-Life Bullet physics to CS - FINAL VERSION
Reply With Quote #56

Gotta say, after trying, the effects looks mind blowing. I watched some of your videos as well.

Sadly no one plays and cares that much for such details in the bullet realism in the game. But good job dude, the features are amazing.
EFFx
Veteran Member
Old 07-19-2022 , 20:06   Re: Realistic Bullet: Real-Life Bullet physics to CS - FINAL VERSION
Reply With Quote #57

You got the second part right, but as I said a lot of times before, the main goal was achieved successfuly.

madNezz
Old 08-05-2022 , 01:13   Re: Realistic Bullet: Real-Life Bullet physics to CS - FINAL VERSION
Reply With Quote #58

Keep up the good work
Siska1
Old 10-11-2022 , 07:12   Re: Realistic Bullet: Real-Life Bullet physics to CS - FINAL VERSION
Reply With Quote #59

When i use this plugin the bullet holes go two three fingers distance down !
Why it happens like that ?
Veteran Member
Old 10-11-2022 , 21:12   Re: Realistic Bullet: Real-Life Bullet physics to CS - FINAL VERSION
Reply With Quote #60

Quote:
- This plugin is an attempt to re-create the real-life bullet physics for the Counter Strike 1.6. Follow the list of features:

1. Bullet crack when the bullet is supersonic
2. Bullet whizz when the bullet is subsonic.
3. Bullet drop when too far away from the end point of the bullet (bullet losing power and going down due gravity and air resistance).
4. Bullet penetrations. The bullet continues to penetrate entities until it loses enough power to not being able to penetrate anymore.
5. Bullet ricochet depending of the hit angle (controlled via .ini file).
6. Bullet bounce when it's velocity is too low.
7. Bullet rotation after every bounce, ricochet or penetrations.
8. Bullet view camera, so players can see where the bullet is going to.
9. Bullet sounds including bounce sound, hit sound depending of the texture or when ricocheting.
10. Bot support.
11. Equations to deal with damage, including distance, velocity, hit part of the body (obvious), ricochets and penetrations. The equation also support TK's.
12. Has a lot of bullet effects (use rbullet_trail_type to change).
13. Water physics.
14. Uses calculations to model an 'air resistance'.
15. Ability to change velocity, ricochet angle, bullet base damage, gravity or power of penetration using the .ini file.
To avoid that, you can remove the gravity following the .ini explanation, or you can make the bullet go faster. So until it starts losing power (going down due gravity, which is what happens with you), it barely changed speed.

Last edited by EFFx; 10-11-2022 at 21:14.