Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[REQ-L4D2] Auto Bot Spawn/Force player control on Join

Post New Thread Reply   

StephanBotha
Old 11-23-2009 , 11:22   [REQ-L4D2] Auto Bot Spawn/Force player control on Join
Reply With Quote #1

We have a plugin that allows for multiple users to join an L4D2 game, we managed to get 24 players in the server without any complications.

What happens is you got to spawn a bot, then the player has to take control of the bot using another plugin's command.

Once the player quits though, we're stuck with a bot.

Would someone be able to make a plugin to:

A) Allow many players to join a COOP/VS game
B) Automatically spawn a bot as soon as someone connects
C) Assign the player to take control of the bot once he connects
D) Kick the bot once the player leaves

Not only will I forever be grateful for your efforts, but I'll post your plugin on the www.l4dmods.com frontpage for all to see!

Thank you in advance!
titan_rw
Old 11-23-2009 , 13:01   Re: [REQ-L4D2] Auto Bot Spawn/Force player control on Join
Reply With Quote #2

In L4D1, the plugin "zombie havoc" was attempting this. I tried lots of different version of it, but none of them worked for auto-spawn - kick. I had to change survivor limits, sb_add manualy, then kick the bot manualy if the player left. I had scripts (.cfg's) that I would exec to sm_cvar hoard limits and such as well.

I'd also love something like this for L4D2. Already played 8 player campaign through manually changing things around. Was a blast. Which plugins did you use for 24?
StephanBotha
Old 11-23-2009 , 13:21   Re: [REQ-L4D2] Auto Bot Spawn/Force player control on Join
Reply With Quote #3

That's a pitty. The only way we can every have people play this is when someone with SM admin is on the server

As for the plugin, I believe it's this one.
Hunterbrute
Old 11-23-2009 , 13:29   Re: [REQ-L4D2] Auto Bot Spawn/Force player control on Join
Reply With Quote #4

On the server we run the L4DToolz and the L4Dbot plugin. I usually spawn a bot and then the player has to open console and put "jointeam survivor" to take over the bot.
Doing this requires an admin to be on to spawn the bots, that is why we would like to add an autospawn and force spectators to take over the bot.

Last edited by Hunterbrute; 11-23-2009 at 17:43.
DDR Khat
SourceMod Donor
Old 11-23-2009 , 14:42   Re: [REQ-L4D2] Auto Bot Spawn/Force player control on Join
Reply With Quote #5

SuperVersus will soon be updated to handle L4D2. It just needs small amounts of testing to make sure it works smoothly.
Old 11-23-2009 , 15:39   Re: [REQ-L4D2] Auto Bot Spawn/Force player control on Join
Reply With Quote #6

I'm glad to hear superversus is getting updated soon. I had been running it in l4d2 simply by changing the gametype check. I'm surprised it worked at all. A few errors in 'ClientPutInServer()' if I remember right, but it worked.

I wonder when L4Downtown will support l4d2? I had to specificaly get a windows 2008 server running since l4dtoolz supports 2.
Bigbuck
Old 11-23-2009 , 16:56   Re: [REQ-L4D2] Auto Bot Spawn/Force player control on Join
Reply With Quote #7

I have tried to do what the OP mentioned in my plugin, and actually had it working at one point, but for the life of me I cannot get it to let the client in once four players are in. When it worked, it would let the client join, spawn a bot for him, and automatically take over that bot. SuperVersus doesn't do this, that I know of anyway. Maybe between DDRKhat and I, we can get something like this working as I already have the code for it so a fresh set of eyes may make it work again.