Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.8.5 (07-Oct-2023)]

Post New Thread Reply   

TrueDarkness
Old 05-30-2021 , 12:52   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.7 (27-May-2021)]
Reply With Quote #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik Spiral View Post
Apparently I forgot to upload the 2.7 source code. Sorry about that, uploaded now.
Bro, found 1 bug, I set the damage multiplier to 0.01. When the damage is below 1, it will become 0, it would be better to make it to be at least 1 hp.

So I edited the script on the part to starting reflect damage to make it works @_@. Please Mystik Spiral make the script so that the damage would at least do 1 damage to self when the total damage is below 1 after the multiplier. Thank you. Love ya, bro.

Code:
					//inflict (non-chainsaw) damage to attacker
					//add 1HP to victim then damage them for 1HP so the displayed message and vocalization order are correct,
					//then damage attacker as self-inflicted for actual damage so there is no vocalization, just pain grunt.
					SetEntityHealth(victim, GetClientHealth(victim) + 1);
					SDKHooks_TakeDamage(victim, inflictor, attacker, 1.0, 0, weapon, g_fDmgFrc, g_fDmgPos);
					if (damage < 1) {
						SDKHooks_TakeDamage(attacker, inflictor, attacker, 1.0, damagetype, weapon, damageForce, damagePosition);
					} else {
						SDKHooks_TakeDamage(attacker, inflictor, attacker, damage, damagetype, weapon, damageForce, damagePosition);
					}
Code:
				//inflict damage to attacker
				if (damage < 1) {
					SDKHooks_TakeDamage(attacker, inflictor, attacker, 1.0, damagetype, weapon, damageForce, damagePosition);
				} else {
					SDKHooks_TakeDamage(attacker, inflictor, victim, damage, damagetype, weapon, damageForce, damagePosition);
				}
				//PrintToServer("%N %T %N", attacker, "Attacked", LANG_SERVER, victim);
				CPrintToChat(attacker, "{orange}[ReverseFF]{lightgreen} %t {olive}%N{lightgreen}, %t.", "YouAttacked", victim, "InfectedFF");
Code:
	//pan0s | end chainsaw fix part 2

//inflict (chainsaw) damage to attacker
	//add 1HP to victim then damage them for 1HP so the displayed message and vocalization order are correct,
	//then damage attacker as self damage so there is no vocalization, just pain grunt.
	SetEntityHealth(victim, GetClientHealth(victim) + 1);
	SDKHooks_TakeDamage(victim, inflictor, attacker, 1.0, 0, weapon, g_fDmgFrc, g_fDmgPos);
	if (damage < 1) {
	} else {
		SDKHooks_TakeDamage(attacker, inflictor, attacker, damage, damagetype, weapon, damageForce, damagePosition);
	}
Mystik Spiral
Old 05-30-2021 , 21:46   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.7 (27-May-2021)]
Reply With Quote #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDarkness View Post
Bro, found 1 bug, I set the damage multiplier to 0.01. When the damage is below 1, it will become 0, it would be better to make it to be at least 1 hp.

So I edited the script on the part to starting reflect damage to make it works @_@. Please Mystik Spiral make the script so that the damage would at least do 1 damage to self when the total damage is below 1 after the multiplier. Thank you. Love ya, bro.
@TrueDarkness
I modified this and implemented it quite differently...

Code:
//apply reverseff_dmgmodifer damage modifier
damage *= g_fCvarDamageModifier;
if (g_fCvarDamageModifier > 0.0 && g_fCvarDamageModifier != 1.0 && 0.0 < damage < 1.0)
{
	damage = 1.0;
}
Modified damage value before accumulation (and before inflicting damage to attacker).
Added reverseff_dmgmodinfected, so values can be different for infected and survivors.
Also ensure modifier is min 0 (no reverse damage) and max 2 (double reverse damage).

FYI...your code would have caused a regression when reverseff_dmgmodifier was set to 0 (disable reverse damage) or 1 (do not modify reverse damage).

I'm calling this minor revision 2.7.1. Please test and verify proper behavior. Don't forget to delete the cfg file and let the plugin create a new one.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d_reverse_ff.sp - 72 views - 30.5 KB)

Last edited by Mystik Spiral; 05-31-2021 at 00:28.
pan0s
Old 05-31-2021 , 01:28   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.7 (27-May-2021)]
Reply With Quote #113

Thank for sharing the good plugin.
I'm here to share the
[L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.7 (27-May-2021)] fork by pan0s
- Added minimum reverse damage.
- Added chances for no reversing damage.
- Added a timer to auto reset chances.
- Added molotov damage message.
- Added chi and zho translations.
- Added counting total damage for reducing announcement message in the chat
- Changed text color for my server style.
Attached Files
File Type: txt l4d2_reverse_ff.phrases.txt (3.3 KB, 46 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d2_reverse_ff.sp - 86 views - 43.2 KB)

Last edited by pan0s; 05-31-2021 at 03:38.
TrueDarkness
Old 05-31-2021 , 05:01   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.7 (27-May-2021)]
Reply With Quote #114

Quote:
@TrueDarkness

Code:
if (g_fCvarDamageModifier > 0.0 && g_fCvarDamageModifier != 1.0 && 0.0 < damage < 1.0)
{
	damage = 1.0;
}
Modified damage value before accumulation (and before inflicting damage to attacker).
Added reverseff_dmgmodinfected, so values can be different for infected and survivors.
Also ensure modifier is min 0 (no reverse damage) and max 2 (double reverse damage).

FYI...your code would have caused a regression when reverseff_dmgmodifier was set to 0 (disable reverse damage) or 1 (do not modify reverse damage).

I'm calling this minor revision 2.7.1. Please test and verify proper behavior. Don't forget to delete the cfg file and let the plugin create a new one.
No problem, bro. I am not at coding. Better use your version ofc =)
TrueDarkness
Old 06-01-2021 , 23:15   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.7 (27-May-2021)]
Reply With Quote #115

Quote:
@TrueDarkness

Code:
{
	damage = 1.0;
}

Bro... I don't know what happened to the code. But whatever my setting in the cfg is....

It doesn't reverse or do any damage to self or the victim voice-reacting to the teamkiller. Please check it for me
Mystik Spiral
Old 06-01-2021 , 23:41   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.7 (27-May-2021)]
Reply With Quote #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDarkness View Post
Bro... I don't know what happened to the code. But whatever my setting in the cfg is....

It doesn't reverse or do any damage to self or the victim voice-reacting to the teamkiller. Please check it for me
I've been running the 2.7.1 version on my server for a couple of days now and it is working fine for me. If you deleted the l4d_reverse_ff.cfg file then restarted your server, it should have created a new cfg file. If you play as an admin, please check the setting for reverseff_admin... if set to 0 it will not reverse friendly-fire when attacker is an admin (setting to 1 will reverse friendly-fire when attacker is admin). Also, if you are testing against bots, check the setting for reverseff_bot... if set to 0 it will not reverse friendly-fire when victim is a bot (setting to 1 will reverse friendly-fire when victim is a bot).
Old 06-02-2021 , 03:06   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.7 (27-May-2021)]
Reply With Quote #117

Quote:
I've been running the 2.7.1 version on my server for a couple of days now and it is working fine for me. If you deleted the l4d_reverse_ff.cfg file then restarted your server, it should have created a new cfg file. If you play as an admin, please check the setting for reverseff_admin... if set to 0 it will not reverse friendly-fire when attacker is an admin (setting to 1 will reverse friendly-fire when attacker is admin). Also, if you are testing against bots, check the setting for reverseff_bot... if set to 0 it will not reverse friendly-fire when victim is a bot (setting to 1 will reverse friendly-fire when victim is a bot).
No problem. I will do more testing tonight =)
Mystik Spiral
Old 06-05-2021 , 15:39   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.7.1 (05-Jun-2021)]
Reply With Quote #118

New version 2.7.1 released, see original post for download.

05-Jun-2021 v2.7.1
- Add damage modifier ConVar for infected (reverseff_dmgmodinfected) to decrease/increase reversed damage by a percentage.
-- Allows damage modifier to be set separately for infected and survivors.
- Ensure reverseff_dmgmod* ConVars have minimum value of 0 (no damage reverse) and maximum value of 2 (double damage reverse).
- When reverseff_dmgmod* is not 0 (no damage reverse) or 1 (unmodified damage reverse), ensure minimum inflicted damage is 1.
- Add Spanish (es) and Russian (ru) to existing English (en) and French (fr) translations.

Last edited by Mystik Spiral; 06-05-2021 at 15:41.
Shao
Old 06-23-2021 , 10:10   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.7.1 (05-Jun-2021)]
Reply With Quote #119

Have you been able to find a way around friendly fire caused by hitboxes coming together? (IE Survivors running inside each other or staying within each other.) I really love how far this plugin has come and honestly this feels like the final feature for it as a lot of the time accidents done by players are due to conflicting hitboxes, often out of view.

Last edited by Shao; 06-23-2021 at 10:11.
Mystik Spiral
Old 06-23-2021 , 18:19   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.7.1 (05-Jun-2021)]
Reply With Quote #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shao View Post
Have you been able to find a way around friendly fire caused by hitboxes coming together? (IE Survivors running inside each other or staying within each other.) I really love how far this plugin has come and honestly this feels like the final feature for it as a lot of the time accidents done by players are due to conflicting hitboxes, often out of view.
It is on my to-do list, but IRL I've had much less time for coding than before. I will add that feature as soon as time permits.