Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Galileo 1.1.290 (a feature rich map voting plugin)

Post New Thread Reply   

kitkat03
Old 07-17-2015 , 21:33   Re: Galileo 1.1.290 (a feature rich map voting plugin)
Reply With Quote #1541

This is fantastic Galileo.

Thank you very much.

Last edited by kitkat03; 07-22-2015 at 09:46.
kitkat03
Old 07-22-2015 , 15:20   Re: Galileo 1.1.290 (a feature rich map voting plugin)
Reply With Quote #1542

That strange, sometimes there are players who do not appear the vote ....

you can help me solve this problem?

thank you
grs4
Old 07-23-2015 , 02:47   Re: Galileo 1.1.290 (a feature rich map voting plugin)
Reply With Quote #1543

So i dont see a info about this.

Is Galileo support other mods ?

Something Like force a vote on native, or something like that ?
Th3822
Old 08-07-2015 , 19:30   Re: Galileo 1.1.290 (a feature rich map voting plugin)
Reply With Quote #1544

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpasd View Post
Code:
L 03/01/2015 - 19:25:03: Invalid cellvector handle provided (8:-110:864)
L 03/01/2015 - 19:25:03: [AMXX] Displaying debug trace (plugin "galileo.amxx")
L 03/01/2015 - 19:25:03: [AMXX] Run time error 10: native error (native "ArrayGetString")
L 03/01/2015 - 19:25:03: [AMXX] [0] galileo.sma::map_nominate (line 1180)
L 03/01/2015 - 19:25:03: [AMXX] [1] galileo.sma::nomination_handleMatchChoice (line 1073)

I got yesterday a error from map_nominate too and fixed it, it was just a small typo on g_nominationMatchesMenu:
Code:
new g_nomination[MAX_PLAYER_CNT + 1][MAX_NOMINATION_CNT + 1], g_nominationCnt, g_nominationMatchesMenu[MAX_PLAYER_CNT];
it was declared with just 32 elements (0-31) and when the player on the slot 32 tries to nominate a map, it gets off bounds and that player doesn't get a menu...

Just add " + 1" on the declaration and it should work fine.

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpasd View Post
Code:
L 03/02/2015 - 17:35:06: [AMXX] Displaying debug trace (plugin "galileo.amxx")
L 03/02/2015 - 17:35:06: [AMXX] Run time error 4: index out of bounds 
L 03/02/2015 - 17:35:06: [AMXX] [0] galileo.sma::vote_expire (line 1970)
I haven't got that one, but i think that it may be related to
Code:
for (new idxChoice = 0; idxChoice <= g_choiceCnt; ++idxChoice)
when having 'MAX_MAPS_IN_VOTE' ( 8 ) maps on voting, maybe removing the '=' from '<=' should help but i'm not totally sure about that.
addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 08-30-2015 , 18:24   Galileo 1.1.294 - Under new headlines.
Reply With Quote #1545

See here the original authors (Brad) plugin post:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=77391

This newer updates goal to fix bug and to remove functionalities that are not working
and can be achieved by using third parts plugins, due this become this own plugin
unmaintainable. See the original post (link above) and changelog below to heads up.

Note 1: At this version you need the original "NextMap" (nextmap.amxx) plugin from
AMXX Dev Team active.
Note 2: At my taste/sense, this new code is ugly, but working.
Note 3: Why a new thread? Because I doubt the author would be happy due the
the remove of some implement features. But how i justify, there is others plugins
specialized at them. Hence, as this plugin is too specialized at map voting.

********************************************* ***********************************

Changelog
Quote:
v1.1.291
Fixed server timelimit re-change after change to 0.
Fixed server restart after change timelimit to 0.
Added autopause for anothers plugins map managers.
Disable GAL_NEXTMAP_UNKNOWN variable at server start.
v1.1.292
Removed map end control from galileo and restaured this responsability to
the original AMXX Dev Team plugin NextMap.amxx, because it was
too much, and was becoming the plugin unmaintainable.
Made changemap immediately after a forced mapvote, calling gal_startvote.
Fixed a bug where it change the map right after normal vote map finished.
Removed the functionality change server map when empty server due to be
unmaintainable, there other specialized plugins at it.
Removed the change to [vote in progress], due to be unmaintainable and unnecessary.
Removed the functionality that allow round finish, due to be unmaintainable and there is
others specialized plugins at it.
If nobody voted, keep the initial server next map.
v1.1.293
Removed messages "say currentmap", "say nextmap", due to be unmaintainable and
there is specialized plugins doing so, like nextmap.amxx
v1.1.294
Made the vote map list be loaded from the current mapcycle file.
Added a option "#" to gal_nom_mapfile, to use the current mapcycle to nominate maps.
********************************************* ************************************
Credits:
Brad: The galileo developer from version 0.1 to 1.1.290
Addons zz: For versions 1.1.290 to 1.1.294
Th3822: for find a error from map_nominate, it was just a small typo on g_nominationMatchesMenu.

********************************************* ************************************

Support me on Patreon, Ko-fi, Liberapay or Open Collective

Last edited by addons_zz; 08-31-2015 at 14:51.
Jhob94
AMX Mod X Donor
Old 08-30-2015 , 22:31   Re: Galileo 1.1.294 - Under new headlines.
Reply With Quote #1546

Are you sure that you will be able to support this plugin? It's cool if you fixed some bug but last time i checked that plugin i've read somewhere it took a year to be made and that it's huge. So if you want to support it, you better read all the code and make sure you understand it or if new bugs come, you might be in troubles to fix them.
Old 08-31-2015 , 02:51   Re: Galileo 1.1.294 - Under new headlines.
Reply With Quote #1547

Did you contact Brad at least? He was recently active. This is quite rude to start a new thread without even tried to speak him.
I know also he has some bug tracker for plugin, with existing bug/features.

Why are you removing features? If you take over the plugin, this should be backward compatible.

If you want to simply provide "your" version, then you should have posted in the plugin thread. It looks like you misunderstand the difference.

For now will merge this into original plugin thread.
If you are serious about really becoming the new author of Galileo, then please do things properly. first contact Brad, ask if he's okay with you, retrieve as many information as possible, start a new thread with same information as original, contact an Approver to unapprove original plugin and think twice before doing changes. Right now what you're doing is just randomly pick a plugin, doing few changes and releasing, no, please don't do that.

Last edited by Arkshine; 08-31-2015 at 03:07.
Old 08-31-2015, 02:51
Arkshine
This message has been deleted by Arkshine. Reason: lag
HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 08-31-2015 , 02:59   Re: Galileo 1.1.294 - Under new headlines.
Reply With Quote #1548

Just to make things clear. We have nothing against you, and you are free to post plugins here, but please post something as original as possible, which make sense and preferably a quality plugin. If you just fixed some bugs then you should post in the plugin thread. If you want to take over the plugin at least try to contact the author, if he does not respond PM an approver and tell him that you want to start developing this plugin.
For me, at this moment, it seems that you just removed features that you don't understand. Don't do this, and take over a plugin only if you fully understand it. A plugin is not unmaintainable just because it has a lot of features, it become so when the coder don't know how to fix or improve the code.
Running two map chooser plugins at the same time seems a bad ideea, Galileo was able to do everything.

Last edited by HamletEagle; 08-31-2015 at 03:02.
addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 08-31-2015 , 06:52   Re: Galileo 1.1.294 - Under new headlines.
Reply With Quote #1549

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamletEagle View Post
Just to make things clear. We have nothing against you, and you are free to post plugins here, but please post something as original as possible, which make sense and preferably a quality plugin. If you just fixed some bugs then you should post in the plugin thread. If you want to take over the plugin at least try to contact the author, if he does not respond PM an approver and tell him that you want to start developing this plugin.
For me, at this moment, it seems that you just removed features that you don't understand. Don't do this, and take over a plugin only if you fully understand it. A plugin is not unmaintainable just because it has a lot of features, it become so when the coder don't know how to fix or improve the code.
Running two map chooser plugins at the same time seems a bad ideea, Galileo was able to do everything.
Hi, sorry for my rudeness, It is just my beginning and the moods is all changing. The plugin I am talking, AMXX Dev Team NextMap is no a map chooser, it is a plugins that creates the cvar amx_nextmap, and guarantee that when maps changes, is to the amx_nextmap cvar, instead the orignal game mapcycle, file. So to became less cumbersome maintain galileo, is more obvious to let the original and do that task. There is no need to galileio assume that task if already there is other plugin doing that. It just let the code bigger and bigger and bad to maintain.

So now on, all the time a remove a feature I will redirect to the original plugin who do that, and make available they thread to others install or not with Galileo.

But if in the beginning you are talking about running galileo with a paused mapchooser, from AMX Dev Team, there no problem about that. Running they together just makes the vote happens twice. One after other, and who wins is last one.

But off course, i expect that the admin user, manually disable others mapchoosers by himself.

Quote:
"it seems that you just removed features that you don't understand"
Exactly. I am removing feature that I dont want to expend time to understand because I can install a third part plugin who accomplish that. So there is no need to make a galileo a new Amx Galileo Super with lots of plugins. I will keep him specialized at votemap, and his actual addicional features that already has third part plugin specialized, i will link to then at galileo thread. Explaining to the new user that some old features now need others third part plugins.

What I am applying here is the principles of software engineering. Keep it small and concise. If you are disagreeing with that, you problem is not with me, is with the software engineering techniques. Here the Software Engineering Institute, a reference at software engineering.

Quote:
"A plugin is not unmaintainable just because it has a lot of features"
And sure it became unmaintainable because have a lot of features to a new programmer at it, that see no reasons to accomplish all those features at one plugin, when there is others to accomplish the same requisites. So just let they developers maintain they plugin and I maintain my and keep his good at his features. And when the admin/user want to use my plugin, this admin/user install my plugin and the third part specialized ones if they want those features too. And be happy.

I don't mean to be rude, best regards.

Last edited by addons_zz; 12-27-2015 at 16:57.
addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 08-31-2015 , 06:55   Re: Galileo 1.1.294 - Under new headlines.
Reply With Quote #1550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhob94 View Post
Are you sure that you will be able to support this plugin? It's cool if you fixed some bug but last time i checked that plugin i've read somewhere it took a year to be made and that it's huge. So if you want to support it, you better read all the code and make sure you understand it or if new bugs come, you might be in troubles to fix them.
Sure. I see no problem maintaining this plugin, despite his size I don't think it is big. And let the new bugs show up to me kill and destroy then.