Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Concert of wishes - the best player chooses next map

Post New Thread Reply   

rain
Old 07-05-2006 , 12:29   Re: Concert of Wishes - the best player chooses next map
Reply With Quote #11

OK, I know. But do you want them to choose from menu of like 5 maps or nominate from all maps? If limited number of maps - how do you want to select maps which players can choose from (random, not recently played)?

I think this is too complex - it would require an almost entirely new plugin. Better way would be to interface in some easy way with some already made plugin which is aimed at doing it.

Make a hidden cvar (amx_concert_hasvoted = 1). If player hasn't voted - instead of forcing random choose - abort with amx_concert_hasvoted = 0.

Then modify mapchoose or sth else to check amx_concert_hasvoted before executing vote. If 1 abort, if 0 proceed with map vote.
Old 07-05-2006 , 12:43   Re: Concert of Wishes - the best player chooses next map
Reply With Quote #12

The plugin should take five [cvar] random maps out of the configs/maps.ini (without the banned lastmaps), if the best player missed it or best player option is disabled.

I don't know if it's permitted to include e.g. the mapchooser.sma into a selfmade plugin. But this would be great and you would not have to reinvent the wheel.

DMAP is making problems to some users and/or AMXX 1.75 (maybe due to the complexity), you could establish an alternative with this plugin.

Nominating, rockthevote and all the other features of DMAP are nice but not a musthave.
rain
Old 07-05-2006 , 12:47   Re: Concert of Wishes - the best player chooses next map
Reply With Quote #13

Well, in fact it's not technically complicated, so borrowing code or not doesn't make much difference. If I get more positive feedback on this feature, I might consider implementing it.
Old 07-18-2006 , 17:26   Re: Concert of Wishes - the best player chooses next map
Reply With Quote #14

Nie rozumiem tego po angielsku :>

// Handicap mode. 0 == off, any other value means number of frags removed
// from consecutive winner stats (only for best selection).
register_cvar("amx_concert_handicap", "0");
rain
Old 07-19-2006 , 06:37   Re: Concert of Wishes - the best player chooses next map
Reply With Quote #15

[Polish]
Tryb handicapu. Ustawienie na 0 == wyłączony. Każda inna wartość określa liczbę fragów, które są odejmowane od statystyk poprzedniego najlepszego gracza (tylko przy wyliczeniach Koncertu). Czyli osoba, która wybierała mapę musi mieć za drugim razem amx_concert_handicap fragów więcej niż drugi najlepszy gracz, żeby ponownie móc wybierać.
[/Polish]
Old 08-28-2006 , 07:50   Re: Concert of Wishes - the best player chooses next map
Reply With Quote #16

I don;t know what happend but the best player can't change map, plugin don't choose the best player. :/

and nextmap will be map from mc

my cfg.
Code:
// Time before map end when Concert choosing gets done
amx_concert_choosetime 90

// Handicap mode, -frags. Uncomment if you use it.
//amx_concert_handicap 1

// FateRevert mode. Uncomment if you use it.
//amx_concert_faterevert 0.333

// Last maps to be remembered in recently played
amx_concert_lastmaps 10

// Minimum players for Concert mode to work
amx_concert_minimumplayers 2

// Work mode (0: off, 1: on, 2: weekend)
amx_concert_mode 1

// Advertisement frequency
amx_concert_msgfreq 90

// Friday weekend start hour
//amx_concert_weekendhour 14
in data/concert/ i cleaned all without concert.ini

Code:
[ 27] Concert of wishes       2.0      rain              amx_concert.amx  running
Code:
          [ 79] amx_concert_choosetime   90                       amx_concert.amx 
          [ 80] amx_concert_handicap     0                        amx_concert.amx 
          [ 81] amx_concert_lastmaps     10                       amx_concert.amx 
          [ 82] amx_concert_minimumplay  2                        amx_concert.amx 
          [ 83] amx_concert_mode         1                        amx_concert.amx 
          [ 84] amx_concert_msgfreq      90                       amx_concert.amx 
          [ 85] amx_concert_weekendhour  14                       amx_concert.amx
Soulseker
Old 10-12-2006 , 19:21   Re: Concert of Wishes - the best player chooses next map
Reply With Quote #17

i wish me ^^
that : if the "best" player is afk and doesnt choose
thoose "normal" amxx vote appears with maps
which doesnt get played often

and the thingy with the DMAP "rockthevote,votemap, etc." is good too i think^^
pikpik
Old 11-28-2008 , 12:44   Re: Concert of wishes - the best player chooses next map
Reply With Quote #18

Can i set it like that just custom map rotation) one map from mapcycle and one from concert ? Somebody can make it ?

rain
Old 11-29-2008 , 07:24   Re: Concert of wishes - the best player chooses next map
Reply With Quote #19

The easiest way would be to pause the plugin on every other map (for instance with some small helper plugin). But this would corrupt mapcycle order if mapcycle following is enabled.
Old 04-12-2010 , 14:26   Re: Concert of wishes - the best player chooses next map
Reply With Quote #20

[polish]
rain tutaj głównie pytanie do Ciebie - mam ten plugin u siebie i mały problem - wszystko działa jak należy, ale keidy pojazuję sie info, że gramy koncert życzeń, najlepszy gracz wybiera mape i ilość fragów poprzedniego gracza to ilość zawsze jest 0 :/
nie wiem o co chodzi testowałem kilka wersji i cały czas to samo, moduły mam odblokowane i żadnych errorów w logach.
Powiedz mi prosze o co może chodzić?

moje cvary:
Code:
// Time before map end when Concert choosing gets done
amx_concert_choosetime 90

// Handicap mode, -frags. Uncomment if you use it.
//amx_concert_handicap 1

// FateRevert mode. Uncomment if you use it.
// Use 'amx_concert_faterevert_active 0' to disable without recompile
//amx_concert_faterevert_active 1
//amx_concert_faterevert_mode 1
//amx_concert_faterevert_min 10
//amx_concert_faterevert_max 25

// Last maps to be remembered in recently played
amx_concert_lastmaps 10

// 'Night mapcycle' start and stop hours. Uncomment if you use it.
// Set equal start/stop hours to disable (or recompile).
//amx_concert_night_start 22
//amx_concert_night_stop 6

// Minimum players for Concert mode to work
amx_concert_minimumplayers 1

// Work mode (0: off, 1: on, 2: weekend)
amx_concert_mode 1

// Advertisement frequency
amx_concert_msgfreq 120

// Friday weekend start hour
amx_concert_weekendhour 14