Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Weapon Arena

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 09-24-2004 , 20:28  

1. Hmm ok
2. Ok I never use those, I'll take a look at them. Guess they are useful in map configs etc.
3. That's not a bug, that's a feature. You have a point though, maybe it could be cool to be able to steal the other team's weapon.
4. Ok
Melt284
Old 09-24-2004 , 20:53  

Win32
AMX Mod X 0.20 RC6
Plugin 1.7.2

Thank you JGHG, it is nice to see that in my opinion the best plugin for AMXX is still being actively developed.

One of the best but probably unknown features of this plugin is that it can prevent crashes. Let me explain: maps that use the weaponstripping entity (such as scoutzknivez) are known to cause HLDS to crash. Most people that run a 24/7 scoutzknivez server have to put up with 2-3 crashes per day. With this plugin however you change the way weapons are given. Simply use ripent.exe to take out the weapon stripping and add "weaponarena 3" to your custom map configuration. Now scoutzknivez no longer crashes HLDS.

On a side note, I am still getting the Invalid Entity errors in my logs every now and then. Debug is on for this plugin, here's the line:
Quote:
L 09/24/2004 - 18:28:08: [Engine] Invalid Entity 61 ("cstrike\addons\amxmodx\plugins\weaponarena. amxx", line 1140)
Which refers to this line in the plugin:
Code:
entity_get_string(owner, EV_SZ_classname, ownerclassname, 63)
and for the first time today I noticed this line in the logs:
Quote:
L 09/24/2004 - 16:43:02: [AMXX] Run time error 10 (native) on line 1639 (plugin "weaponarena.amxx").
Which refers to this line in the plugin:
Code:
new CsTeams:lteam = cs_get_user_team(id)
Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 09-25-2004 , 19:12  

Code:
/* 040926    1.8         Now uses fakemeta module!                         New/edited features:                         - With weaponarena_unlimitedammo set to 1 you should now not even be able to reload at all, since it's not necessary.                         - New cvar: weaponarena_stealrandomteam (you can now steal the other team's weapon in random mode)                         (Hopefully) fixed a lot of bugs:                         - Starting a "normal" (nonrandom) arena would only hide weapons on ground instantly, and not on the next rounds.                         - Changing from random arena to a "normal" arena by using console command would only change to that weapon for the rest                         of the round. The next round it was random arena again.                         - More small bug fixes and tweaks...                         + some optimizing... */
Melt284
Old 09-26-2004 , 11:58  

Win32
AMX Mod X 0.20 RC6
Plugin 1.8

Good job on the fixes. The new weaponarena_stealrandomteam however doesn't always work. Sometimes the enemy's weapon goes invisible and sometimes if its not invisible and you pick it up you are forced to drop it. It does work most of the time though.
Melt284
Old 09-26-2004 , 12:56  

By the way, shields are now included in the random weapon arenas but they are not yet completely coded so they are buggy (some rounds only some people get the shields, people don't get a pistol with the shield, sometimes shields are left over in the next round, etc.).

Remember when I mentioned before that since this plugin can replace player_weaponstrip entities it can prevent crashes? Well this only works for single gun maps. There are other maps that are more complicated that it would be nice if the plugin could work around. Here are examples:

awp_l337sk337beta.bsp
Only one team should get AWP each round and the other only get knives.

fun_allinone.bsp
Nobody should start with the weapon they had from the previous round but should still be able to pick up weapons

scoutzelitez.bsp
Should be a scout and elite arena every round, not one or the other

Perhaps if there was an option to strip players weapon each round but allow them to pick up and use any weapon.

Thanks
Melt284
Old 09-26-2004 , 18:00  

One more thing: In team-specific random arena, you are able to buy your enemy's gun. Thats no good.
MeTaL69
Old 09-28-2004 , 13:56  

Hey Jonny, Could u post the 1.7 version again as 1.8 dosnt look like it runs in .16. As u said before about compiling using RC5. It worked before but not with ur updated version.

Thx
Old 09-29-2004 , 18:38  

**I keep getting this error when trying to compile weaponarena.sma**

Small compiler 2.1.0 Copyright (c) 1997-2002, ITB CompuPhase

/home/users/amxmodx/tmp/phpi50i57.sma(273) : fatal error 100: cannot read from file: "fakemeta"

Compilation aborted.
1 Error.

Read the errors above. Your plugin failed to compile. Make sure it is has the correct #includes.

Go back

17366 plugin compiles to date.
This tool by: David "BAILOPAN" Anderson.

Not sure if im doing somthing wrong or if file is messed up, But would really like to have this plugin
Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 09-30-2004 , 03:59  

1.8.1 up:
Bug fixes:
- Rewrote part of weapons autodropping routine.
- More forgotten fixes...

Also rebuy and autobuy is now blocked, as well as purchase of the shield and any primary and secondary weapon.

Even if weaponarena_stealrandomteam is set to 1 you should now only be able to pick up the enemy's weapon if it
fell from his hand after you killed him. Ie, you cannot pick up the enemy's weapon if it was on ground from map start (fy_iceworld).

This is only for AMX Mod X v0.20.
FlyingMongoose
Veteran Member
Old 09-30-2004 , 12:55  

I think the weaponarena list function should be blocked from server calls, because it's an MOTD it seems to cause problems, (it crashes my HLSW) or at least make it so the server calls a different output
Closed Thread