Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[ADMINSLOTS] Correct slot amount calculated AFTER user joins

Melt284
Old 09-15-2004 , 19:43   [ADMINSLOTS] Correct slot amount calculated AFTER user joins

Server has 8 slots (2 reserved slots). In server list before anyone joins it shows (0/8) for slots. Once someone joins it shows (1/6) for slots. When that person leaves it says (0/6) for slots.
Kamikaze
Old 09-16-2004 , 10:47  

Code:
// Comment if you don't want to hide not used reserved slots
#define HIDE_RESERVED_SLOTS
Go to the adminslots.sma file, comment that out, that will make it so it doesn't hide your reserved slots. This is not a bug, this is by design.
Send a message via ICQ to Kamikaze Send a message via AIM to Kamikaze Send a message via MSN to Kamikaze Send a message via Yahoo to Kamikaze
Melt284
Old 09-16-2004 , 12:23  

If I commented out "#define HIDE_RESERVED_SLOTS" the server would show 8 slots always. I DO NOT want this. I want it to show 6 slots always.

Here is the situation: My server can hold 6 people. At 7 people everyone starts to lag terribly. I never want more than 6 people on my server (no matter if they are an admin or not). I do however want to be able to join my server when it is full (have it kick the worst ping player to let me in).

I know there is a different slots plugin that is supposed to do this but it is not compatible with 0.20
lantz69
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 09-16-2004 , 12:58  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melt284
If I commented out "#define HIDE_RESERVED_SLOTS" the server would show 8 slots always. I DO NOT want this. I want it to show 6 slots always.

Here is the situation: My server can hold 6 people. At 7 people everyone starts to lag terribly. I never want more than 6 people on my server (no matter if they are an admin or not). I do however want to be able to join my server when it is full (have it kick the worst ping player to let me in).

I know there is a different slots plugin that is supposed to do this but it is not compatible with 0.20
I use simpleSlots
I start the server with +maxplayers 21
Then in server.cfg:
sv_visiblemaxplayers 20

Then the 21th slot is used by reserverd players to join.

Hope that is what you are looking for. If not I think it works just great.
Kamikaze
Old 09-16-2004 , 14:27  

Quote:

What are you smoking?

Uncomment it; if you have 2 reserved slots, no one but admins with the reserved slots powers can join no matter how you set that.

Also this a bug reporting section, now your spamming the bug reporting forum with useless junk.
Send a message via ICQ to Kamikaze Send a message via AIM to Kamikaze Send a message via MSN to Kamikaze Send a message via Yahoo to Kamikaze
Melt284
Old 09-16-2004 , 16:49  

Kamikaze stop your bitching. You obviously don't understand the problem. Perhaps you need to read the post subject again. STFU.
lantz69
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 09-16-2004 , 17:37  

Have you tried in server.cfg
Code:
sv_visiblemaxplayers 6
Then your server will always show 0/6 when server is started

1/6
2/6
3/6
4/6
5/6
6/6

Sometimes
7/6 But that player will get disconnected if not immune.

BTW have you tried SimpleSlots
Melt284
Old 09-16-2004 , 18:00  

Thanks for the suggestion lantz69 but simpleslots will only kick by playing time not ping. Other than that it is exactly what I'm looking for.
cgountanis
Old 09-17-2004 , 00:26  

use simple slots much more easy to use
lantz69
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 09-17-2004 , 01:32  

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion lantz69 but simpleslots will only kick by playing time not ping. Other than that it is exactly what I'm looking for.
Well I think it would be quite easy to change the code so it kicks by ping instead of time. Maybe I can do and I'm not that goood at coding.

BTW the author of simpleslots just posted above me. Ask him in his pluginThread and maybe he can make that an option.