Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[CS:S] Mix Mod (plugin) (v4.3, Updated: 29-07-2012)

Post New Thread Reply   

iDragon
Old 07-24-2011 , 16:39   Re: [CSS] Mix plugin (v1.7, Updated: 24-07-2011)
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by karil View Post
Thank you.

Some extra options to include:
  • shortcut for mixmod admins to kick the whole ct or t team (!kickt, !kickct?)
  • disable public text chat (!disablechat)
  • !maps would bring up a menu with maps in maplist.txt and when you would choose a map it would change it
I know kicking, muting, changing maps already exists in the SM menu, but I think this plugin should also offer us shortcuts to do such actions.
I'll add kickct and kickt commands in the next version.
"disable public text chat" - what do you mean?
!maps will be added - but I think of filtering all other maps that don't start with de_ (it's still mix plugin).

"...should also offer us shortcuts to do such actions"
Shortcuts for what? for the mute command? cause there is one already (not in this plugin)...
(I won't create mute system in this plugin - At least not yet (maybe if I'll be really bored.)

Thank you for your ideas.
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-24-2011 , 17:51   Re: [CSS] Mix plugin (v1.7, Updated: 24-07-2011)
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDragon View Post

"...should also offer us
shortcuts to do such actions"

Forget about shortcuts, you missed my point and its not important.

1. By disabling public text chat I mean not showing any messages sent by any player to public chat, but still allowing players to use team chat.

2. I noticed a bug in zb_lo3 thing. When it lo3's the match starts with round 2 and possibly this is the reason why it sends a message to menu in the 13th round that players shouldn't move to the opposite team next round, the 14th, a round too early. I unloaded the plugin then so it wouldn't swap in the 14th round.

filtering !maps to only de_ maps is cool

4. an admin menu (!mix) would be handy:
  • Start match
  • LO3
  • KO3
  • Not Live
  • Stop match
  • Cfg's
    • MR15
    • Warmup
  • Admin
    • Change map
    • Swap player
    • Kick
      • Kick player
      • Kick CT
      • Kick T
    • Move all to spectators
5. In this admin menu, 4 new commands are already mentioned. These are swap player, kick player and move all to spectators. For the latter (move all to spec) you could do a chat shortcut like !spec. What about adding !ko3?

Greets, karil.

Last edited by karil; 07-24-2011 at 18:34. Reason: few new suggestions
iDragon
Old 07-24-2011 , 19:06   Re: [CSS] Mix plugin (v1.8, Updated: 24-07-2011)
Reply With Quote #23

1. I added it to my "To do list".
2. I'll check it, try it with the newest version of this plugin, and tell me if it keeps happening.
4. I'll add it to my "to do list".
5. I'll add !spec in the future (maybe tomorrow). About the !ko3, I don't know what it is (I never met this command before).

------------
Plugin Version updated: v1.8!
New things:
* sm_kickct and sm_kickt - kick team (<sm_mixmod_kick_admins> kick the admins in the teams too? 0 = no, 1 = yes).
* sm_maps - To changelevel. (Only de_ maps will be shown !)

Last edited by iDragon; 07-24-2011 at 19:10. Reason: fix
karil
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-24-2011 , 20:34   Re: [CSS] Mix plugin (v1.8, Updated: 24-07-2011)
Reply With Quote #24

Great! KO3 - knives on three is used before the actual match starts, usually it's used to "knife for sides" (CT, T) or for determining who will start picking his teammates first. You shouldn't be able to KO3 while match is running, just before it starts.

I used version 1.6 when I noticed the zb_lo3 problem with score. Without zb_lo3 it works fine...... Now I tested it with 1.8, but the same problem occurs. Try !start or !start, !nl, !live and in chat there will be Round 2 in both cases.

Oh, I noticed it would be more organised to sort the cash shown in chat at round start from highest amount to the lowest. So if AAA has 10k and BBB has 5k, the AAA is the first in the list. That way you immediately see how much cash the "richest" player in your team has.

With !maps maybe I'd still like a possibility to read from mapcycle.txt as there are alot of de_ maps which aren't played on mixes and waste space. Or if you'd simply add a cvar in which we'd add maps which shouldn't be in !maps. Is this possible?

Greets

Last edited by karil; 07-24-2011 at 21:07.
iDragon
Old 07-25-2011 , 10:13   Re: [CSS] Mix plugin (v2.0, Updated: 25-07-2011)
Reply With Quote #25

*** Version updated: 2.0 ***
View changelog for more information.

-----------
karil,
All the things you've suggested have been added.
(all the things except the cash organization - maybe later)
(It took me almost 4 hours to add everything + to post it here... so I'm kind of tired and I won't add the cash organization for the next few hours)

Have fun.

If there are any other ideas / problems, I'll be more than happy to add / fix them (not in the few next hours)
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-25-2011 , 12:45   Re: [CSS] Mix plugin (v2.0, Updated: 25-07-2011)
Reply With Quote #26

Amazing, you've tripled features in this plugin from launch just a good week ago.
Great job! I especially appreciate your willingness to include new features.

This plugin is definitely THE plugin for mixing. As I said, I've looked for this kind of plugin for quite long but haven't found any that would fit our needs as much as this one. What I wanted is to find a simple plugin with easily accessable more "complex" features to fully administer mixes with the least effort.
karil
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-25-2011 , 14:47   Re: [CSS] Mix plugin (v2.0, Updated: 25-07-2011)
Reply With Quote #27

I have tested the plugin for about 1 hour now and I've found some problems.

Check out this log - http://pastie.org/private/lsrlcf5lobnhqip7jvb4qq . Never

It was all OK until 2nd half.

Quote:
[Mix]: Teams swaped. HALF 2! - Type !live to start.
I've got 'sm_mixmod_half_auto_live "1"' in cfg, I even tested it with RCON. It still said 'Type !live to start'. This should be turned off as you don't have to !live because its done autmatically.

Quote:
[Mix]: Round 1 - Half 2 / 2 - Team A 3, Team B 13.
Half 2 started after swap with Round 1 and the score is 13 3 which is 16. Not possible because half is played until sum is 15 and in round 1, half 2 score should also be 15. It counted 1 round too much for Team A. You can see that in logs. Probably some problem with swap and dying.

Quote:
[Mix]: Round 5 - Half 2 / 2 - Team A 5, Team B 15.
Karil @ PF killed FreestY with m3.
Console: "> CS:S Warmup SETTINGS loaded - GET READY <"
[Mix]: The mix has Ended!
I (Team B) killed Freesty (Team A) with score 15:5 for Team B and it called the match a draw instead of our (Team B) victory.
[Mix]: There was no winner. IT'S A DRAW!

Quote:
[Mix]: Teams swaped. HALF 2! - Type !live to start.
'swaped' must be 'swapped'

EDIT: 2nd problem is the same if zb_lo3 isn't used and ordinary mp_restartgame is used. It still counts 1 round too much.

Thanks for fixing.

Last edited by karil; 07-25-2011 at 15:37.
iDragon
Old 07-25-2011 , 16:48   Re: [CSS] Mix plugin (v2.0, Updated: 25-07-2011)
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:

I've got 'sm_mixmod_half_auto_live "1"' in cfg, I even tested it with RCON. It still said 'Type !live to start'. This should be turned off as you don't have to !live because its done autmatically.

Half 2 started after swap with Round 1 and the score is 13 3 which is 16. Not possible because half is played until sum is 15 and in round 1, half 2 score should also be 15. It counted 1 round too much for Team A. You can see that in logs. Probably some problem with swap and dying.

I (Team B) killed Freesty (Team A) with score 15:5 for Team B and it called the match a draw instead of our (Team B) victory.

EDIT: 2nd problem is the same if zb_lo3 isn't used and ordinary mp_restartgame is used. It still counts 1 round too much.

Thanks for fixing.
1. I forgot to remove the msg of "type !live" to start from half2... But the live is working automatically anyway. (Although it's saying that (I'll fix it)).

2. It because of the auto-live option... I'll fix it later.
3. I forgot to finish the win team notify (in version 1.6 or before it, there was only: the mix has ended, I forgot to fix this "draw" bug).
4. swaped will be fixed.

TY! I hope I'll finish fixing it soon.
Old 07-25-2011 , 19:06   Re: [CSS] Mix plugin (v2.0, Updated: 25-07-2011)
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:

Thanks for fixing.
I hope I fixed problem number 2. (I disabled the live before switching teams, and enabled it after all teams has been swapped).

All other problems has been fixed!
--------------
*** Version update: 2.1 ***
View changelog for more information!

New command added:
- sm_mixmod_show_winner_in (Default: "1") - Show winning team in: 0 - chat, 1 - panel.

Please see if problem 2 has been fixed (I couldn't test it yet). TY!
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-26-2011 , 10:59   Re: [CSS] Mix plugin (v2.1, Updated: 25-07-2011)
Reply With Quote #30

I tested it again.

You're right. All problems I have warned you about are fixed. Now I have further some further things to improve menu and gameplay.

1. When half2 is started could you do a zb_lo3 or mp_restartgame (whatever is set with sm_mixmod_use_zb_lo3 "1"). I think on start of half2 a break with zb_lo3 is needed, because if you're CT you need to at least agree upon who will cover which position and also few seconds for relief is cool...
Quote:
'[Mix]: Teams swapped. HALF 2 after auto-LO3! '
or smth

2. On pre-live KO3 (sm_mixmod_enable_knife_round "1") when !start is used you should change the text.

In first KO3 round the text now is
Quote:
[Mix]: Round 1 - Half 1 / 2 - Team A 0, Team B 0.
[Mix]: Not Live!
It should be something like this:
Quote:
[Mix] This round is decisive on who will pick their side.

An extra feature !pause would pause the mix in such way that it would NOT count that round in which !pause was used.

4. Menu buttons like '-> Back to mix menu' should be all on the same button, because now you have to lookup every time at different pages which number you have to press to go back. Probably number 1 for all is the best. Also theres no space in Mix - Admin menu on button '->Back to mix menu' between > and B.

5. Chat command '!disablechat' would be cool. Also it could be in the admin menu. There's already a CVAR, but a chat command would be more handy.

6. When I set that !live isn't automatic when half2 starts and when I type in !live at half2 it shows in chat that actually Round 1 is Round 2, but score is OK. Then in the second round it says Round 2 and score correctly. You just have to fix this chat text problem in the first round of half 2.

Quote:
[zBlock] Restart 3
[Mix]: Round 1 - Half 2 / 2 - Team A 14, Team B 1.
----------------------------
Karil @ PF: 800
The game will restart in 3 SECONDS
[zBlock] MATCH IS LIVE!!!
[Mix]: Round 2 - Half 2 / 2 - Team A 14, Team B 1.
Karil @ PF: 800
FreestY suicided.
[Mix]: Round 2 - Half 2 / 2 - Team A 15, Team B 1.
[Mix]: LR for Team A
Karil @ PF: 4050
7. MR3 doesn't work properly. It ends the match after someone has won 3 rounds. This isn't right, because with MR3 the winner must win 4 rounds in order to win the match.

Quote:
[Mix]: Round 2 - Half 4 / 4 - Team A 17, Team B 17.
[Mix]: LR for Team A
[Mix]: LR for Team B
Greets

Last edited by karil; 07-26-2011 at 11:28.